Hoss or Model 1 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 08:29 PM

Hoss or Model 1

All right......Who has a Guncrafter Hoss model 45. Someone here on the forum must have bought one by now and I need a first hand report on how they like it. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing one or a Model 1 45 acp and can't decide. I like them both for different reasons. The Hoss is expensive but unique and if it's the best Guncrafter has to offer then I'm interested.

I'm waiting anxiously for a Hoss report!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 PM

Have not seen anybody post an "I got one!" On this forum yet, but knowing that it is a GI I am willing to predict what that post will say.

Curious to hear your reasons for Model 1? Unless you want to get a .50 barrel for it, you can always update the No Name to a bull barrel and not have to deal with needing unique magazines...
Old 03-17-2017, 09:30 PM

I actually like their proprietary.45 magazines and yes I'm thinking about a .50 cal barrel. I agree....I haven't seen anyone with the "I got one" post either. Still waiting

Old 03-17-2017, 10:41 PM

Hoss or Model 1

Sounds like you have your answer. Model 1 now and Hoss later when it has a chance to prove itself

I agree with you on the quality of their proprietary .45 magazines, just find it inconvenient that they do not fit into a regular .45 leather mag pouch.

Last edited by gun_fan111; 03-17-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 PM

Red face

If the Hoss would have came out before I bought a NNC 9mm, I would have bought one.
However the 9 is such an unbelieveably well put together and accurate shooter I would have wanted one any way.

Cranberry Lake Militia
1953 side-by-side cork gun
1-A, 1968 - 1977
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has traveled.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM

GI Hoss

Just got one. Haven't fired yet but did first field strip and lube. Fit and finish meets/exceeds my WC's and Ed Brown 1911's. Will report back after first range session.
Purchased from John Wells (JW Specialty, Cypress, IL) and did better than published retail. John is a good guy and will work with you. This is not an ad for John, just my personal experience. Cheers all.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:43 AM

Nice.....looking forward to your range report!.....pictures???
Old 04-13-2017, 07:53 PM

George over at MiGunslingers has one available.
John 15:13 - "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Wilson Combat: XTAC-C 9mm, EDCX9, WC/Hero911 Professional Protector 9mm. Nighthawk Custom: Bobtail'd Bob Marvel. STI: Nitro 10 Tactical 2011. Rogers Precision: Golfballed Kimber Ultra Carry II. Alchemy Custom: Hand of Doom Les Baer Stinger. Ed Brown: SF w/RMR 9mm.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 PM

If that HOSS had a fully blended magwell and flat trigger it would be hard to resist. George is a straight shooter. My next 1911 will be ordered through migunslingers. I'm anxiously waiting for SZ's range report.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwallman View Post
If that HOSS had a fully blended magwell and flat trigger it would be hard to resist. George is a straight shooter. My next 1911 will be ordered through migunslingers. I'm anxiously waiting for SZ's range report.
I hear you. I've been wanting one since they were announced. It's good to finally see them out on the market. I've got a Wilson EDCX9 on order but when that one arrives, I may have to ask George to order me a H.O.S.S.
John 15:13 - "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Wilson Combat: XTAC-C 9mm, EDCX9, WC/Hero911 Professional Protector 9mm. Nighthawk Custom: Bobtail'd Bob Marvel. STI: Nitro 10 Tactical 2011. Rogers Precision: Golfballed Kimber Ultra Carry II. Alchemy Custom: Hand of Doom Les Baer Stinger. Ed Brown: SF w/RMR 9mm.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterZ View Post
Just got one. Haven't fired yet but did first field strip and lube. Fit and finish meets/exceeds my WC's and Ed Brown 1911's. Will report back after first range session.
Purchased from John Wells (JW Specialty, Cypress, IL) and did better than published retail. John is a good guy and will work with you. This is not an ad for John, just my personal experience. Cheers all.
Hurry up and shoot that thing.

Cranberry Lake Militia
1953 side-by-side cork gun
1-A, 1968 - 1977
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has traveled.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 PM

Definitely the HOSS, I am curious on how the oversize parts make it a more durable gun. Working with my Importer on how we can bring one overseas