The Taurus 1911 challenge! - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:48 AM

Interesing feedback on this topic. The reason I have not posted my target is because I have not been to the range and I will do so once I get a chance. So 'hillboy' stop stalking me on the forum! By the way 'hillboy' I never claimed that I carried a Taurus as my conceal weapon. I do not like carrying full size 1911's as it is too heavy that is why I got the Kimber Ultra Carry II.

I see that some of you 1911 snobs got your panties in a bunch that someone is claiming their low end cheap, parts falling apart, non-accurate guns may keep up with your high end guns. I do want to retract the statement about buying a highend 1911's is wreckless and dumb and if I could do it all over again I would just buy a Taurus and lots of ammo. My appologies. As a gun lover you can't just have one gun. I just hate people who only buy highend guns stick their nose in the air like their **** don't stink. Again, I will post my target soon as I do have a life outside of guns (If there is such a thing, Lol).
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Edit.

Last edited by Caspian17; 01-17-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: DBL post.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

Most guns can last 5 or 7 rounds to make a grouping. Post back at the 15k mark and lemme know how they held up. Oh ya, make sure that 15k is within a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian17 View Post
Most guns can last 5 or 7 rounds to make a grouping. Post back at the 15k mark and lemme know how they held up. Oh ya, make sure that 15k is within a year.
LOL I know most put a couple boxes down range and are expert marksmen. Oh yea they shoot a little to the right and only make a 1 inch group freehand at 50 yrds. LOL BS
Old 01-17-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kid View Post
LOL I know most put a couple boxes down range and are expert marksmen. Oh yea they shoot a little to the right and only make a 1 inch group freehand at 50 yrds. LOL BS
Yoda old great one. Why don't you bless us with your shooting skills and teach us young Jedi's how to shoot like you. Get a life dude!
Old 01-17-2010, 01:37 PM

My Les Baer TRC want's to know when the "can of woopass is going to be opened by the Taurus" Still looking for a can opener maybe?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian17 View Post
15K a year? Sorry pal, I have a life and do not spend my days at the range. Your kind crack me up.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM

ok here is my entry. I dont have a rest so this is more a question of shooter ability then gun ability. This Les Baer TRC will shoot far better than my old eyes are capable of. This is 25 Yards rapid fire weaver stance I fired as fast as I could get back on target from recoil. Guess I need some new glasses.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 PM

Forgot the pic. I need some practice but still not bad for rapid fire.

.Attachment 47945

Last edited by PJM30144AIRBORNE; 01-28-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJM30144AIRBORNE View Post

.Attachment 47945
Very good for rapid fire IMO. Especially at 25 yards.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Thanks I felt i should do better.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks I felt i should do better.
I was always told that if your freehand groups were under 6" you are firing too slow
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM

I feel better!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM

1911Lawman....

RANT ON

no need to make it personal; if someone wants to shoot approximately 300 rounds a week that's their business.

There's a lot of bravado sitting behind the anonimity of a keyboard - the internet makes anyone an expert (in their mind)

Although they say that practice makes perfect it isn't always the case. I can not hit a golf ball to save my life. No matter what I do. I've been golfing for 38 years; and have yet to break 100 for 18 holes of regulation golf...(not putt-putt).

I am by training and profession, a center of body mass shooter. There was a time in my life when I shot competitively in a .22 caliber bullseye league in Cleveland - Cuyahoga County Pistol League; and actually "won" a trophy one season nothing to brag about but out of 200+ shooters I was in the top 75 or so...barely.

I've spent enough money on firearms in the last 5 years that there isn't a single manufacturer's 1911 I could not have bought if I wanted to; I also had 3 guns made (all long guns; 2 FN FALs and an M1 Garand "Tanker").

BIG DEAL GUYS AND GALS

I buy guns because I like them; I shoot them because I like to. Will I ever be designated as one of "The President's 100"? Probably not; but I can assure you of one thing for certain - if I have a gun in my hand and I am shooting it you can count on one thing - I will hit center body mass. Will it be a 1" goup at 50 yards using a Ransom Rest? Or will it be an off-hand fist sized group off-hand at 15 yards?

Like golf, bowling, darts, or other sports requiring manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination shooting requires skill and practice. I've seen people show up at the range with the best gun and gear money could buy and they couldn't hit paper to save their life; on the other hand beware the guy who pulls his gun rug and ammo out of a brown paper bag, draws a bullseye on a piece of copy paper; as he drills a single ragged hole into the paper...

Sorry to rant; this "I can pee higher on the tree then you can because I paid $2,000 for my gun and your gun is made in a third world country by barefoot peasants line of male bovine excrement is just getting too old.

I don't doubt there are those of you out there who can, regardless of what gun you are shooting drill the center of the target all day long; I can't outride my motorcycle; and I can't outshoot most of my guns. But for me gun control is the ability to hit what you are aiming at...and I can...

RANT OFF
Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911lawman View Post
Yoda old great one. Why don't you bless us with your shooting skills and teach us young Jedi's how to shoot like you. Get a life dude!
I am not the one with something to prove. I do not waist my self. Targets don`t shoot back.You can hide behind your keyboard, and talk all you want.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

.Attachment 47945
Looks good to me man!

Keep on shooting !

Regards,DAT85
Old 01-17-2010, 03:53 PM

Always! Thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 PM

There is an old saying that goes "it is not the arrow but the Indian"!!! I firmly believe that any make of 1911 can shoot well in the right hands. It does not have to be a top of the line 1911. I can shoot my Armscor/RIA 1911's just as well and to my point of aim as I can my Colt's!!!

Whether it be a Colt, Taurus, RIA, Springfield, DW..........well you get my point, they all can be made to shoot well in the right hands!!!

I do not own a Taurus so I cannot comment on them but the ones that I have handled performed very well.

COTEP Member # CBOB0152
Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Mag View Post
There is an old saying that goes "it is not the arrow but the Indian"!!!
Edited to remove insensitive statement.

Yours reminded me of that other saying:

Mindset > skillset > toolset (in that order of priority).

Betcha Eddie Van Halen could make my POS electric guitar howl - but put his in my hands and it would just be "plunkety plunk-plunk"

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Last edited by Jim V; 01-17-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Removed offensive statement.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 PM

This has a smell an awfully lot like another on this site. We're being invaded!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911lawman View Post
15K a year? Sorry pal, I have a life and do not spend my days at the range. Your kind crack me up.
I reload... and I enjoy shooting. There are people who shoot that much, that is only about oh 1250 rounds a month. I regularly shoot 300-400 a week. This is my main hobby so it is where money goes. Also, I only go to the range everyday... I live on a farm... so "My kind" keeps you fed.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM

This may not be on topic but my brother just got his judge back from taurus. It was jamming on .410. It still jams on the first round fired it locks up. They have to take it back a second time. They claim they tested it. They just seem to have quality issues. My 85 year old neighbor says the only thing any good to come from south America is baskets, booze and broads.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Wow

sorry ,my first post here, I have all kinds of firearms, cheap to high dollar
I bought each because , something about them apealed to me
I spent alot of time tinkering on them-learning them inside out
I wish folks could get past my dogs bigger than your dog mind set
I will not say any of my firearms are better than yours ,or yours are a pos
cause I think if you bought it ,it apealed to you for some reason and that is who realy matters- do you like it?- then the person that matters most is happy.---Lots of good info on this site, from lots of people who like the same platform, and I am glad to be here.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM

I've actually been toying around with the idea of buying a Taurus 1911 in .38 Super but I want to get feedback from guys with high round counts. I guess I'm one of those guys who lives at the range according to some guys here because I buy my guns to shoot. I usually average 1200 - 1500 rds / month.

I didn't know you guys were taking pictures of your groups and posting em up here or I would've taken a picture of one of the ones I shot yesterday with my Ed Brown SF. I was workin on my trigger control so I was shooting slow fire off-hand at 15 yds. I had a 50-shot group (yes fifty) in around 3" with 1 called flyer. Without the flyer all 50 rds would've been at 2" or a little under. That gun has over 8k rds through it, and nothing has fallen off yet.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedic5 View Post
sorry ,my first post here, I have all kinds of firearms, cheap to high dollar
I bought each because , something about them apealed to me
I spent alot of time tinkering on them-learning them inside out
I wish folks could get past my dogs bigger than your dog mind set
I will not say any of my firearms are better than yours ,or yours are a pos
cause I think if you bought it ,it apealed to you for some reason and that is who realy matters- do you like it?- then the person that matters most is happy.---Lots of good info on this site, from lots of people who like the same platform, and I am glad to be here.
I concur, great first post and welcome.
Closed Thread