Alchemy customer service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Alchemy customer service

Well, I blew up my Prime the other day. Shooting reloads and when the second round in the magazine went off it blew the guts of the magazine out and broke both grips. Now the GOOD news. Called Alchemy and spoke to Rob. Explained everything to him, including that I was shooting reloads. All he said was he does not hold reloads against anyone and to send him the gun and he would fix it for free.
This is customer service above and beyond anything I could have thought.
A big thank you to Rob and as I have said before “Rob you build a hell of a gun”
Specs
Old 02-08-2019, 09:08 AM

No problem dude. The gun is completely healthy and ready to come back home. I'll get it cleaned, lubed and ready to roll this morning. Other than the mag and grips you didn't compromise anything else in the slightest. These guns are tough as nails.

Thank you so much for the purchase and also the great conversation. I always enjoy interacting with the customers and picking their brains for intel on what we can do in the future.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Shooting reloads and when the second round in the magazine went off it blew the guts of the magazine out and broke both grips.
Not clear. Do you mean when you FIRED the second round after the first shot normally? If so, it sounds like a gross overload blew the casehead out over the feed ramp.
Lucky the gun stood it, nice of Rob to clean up the mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Kind of unheard of customer service, impressive. I had to look at Alchemy's website to see what a Prime is and now could kick myself when I could have had one of his guns for just a few dollars more than a sloppy built LB. Might have to make some adjustments now to correct that.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
Not clear. Do you mean when you FIRED the second round after the first shot normally? If so, it sounds like a gross overload blew the casehead out over the feed ramp.
Lucky the gun stood it, nice of Rob to clean up the mess.
Hi Jim, yes when I fired the second round is when it went boom. May have been an overload don't know. I use a Harrel's powder measure tho, these things are very accurate.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom View Post
No problem dude. The gun is completely healthy and ready to come back home. I'll get it cleaned, lubed and ready to roll this morning. Other than the mag and grips you didn't compromise anything else in the slightest. These guns are tough as nails.

Thank you so much for the purchase and also the great conversation. I always enjoy interacting with the customers and picking their brains for intel on what we can do in the future.
Thanks Rob, great news. This kind of customer service is almost unheard of today. Will be saving up the pennies now for the new Prime Elite, looks like a great gun.
Again, thank you for everything.
Specs
Old 02-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Very impressive indeed . That is some personal customer Service you wish all
manufactures would have .
Old 02-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specs View Post
Thanks Rob, great news. This kind of customer service is almost unheard of today. Will be saving up the pennies now for the new Prime Elite, looks like a great gun.
Again, thank you for everything.
Specs

The NEW Prime Elite is looking very nice indeed .
https://alchemy1911.com/prime-elite/

Saving for one in 9mm if and when it comes out .
Old 02-08-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
The NEW Prime Elite is looking very nice indeed .
https://alchemy1911.com/prime-elite/

Saving for one in 9mm if and when it comes out .
Durnnit Billy. Now I regret buying my Pro.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:14 AM

The Prime is a "Best Buy" in the $2600 price range. Smooth, accurate and flat out reliable
Old 02-09-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl View Post
Durnnit Billy. Now I regret buying my Pro.

Scottl

Never regret buying a Professional . It will always be one of the best 1911's
ever made . Now you just need to put money aside for an ACW . Rob and
Dave's ACW's are more of a look into to 1911 perfection . While all hand
made 1911's are works of art . ACW takes it to a more personal level , if
that makes sense . It is truly a 1911's built for you and the craftsmanship
really is second to none . Like baby's being born each one is unique . They
almost have their own personality's and you could name each ACW 1911
individually with their own names . I can't wait to have Rob & Dave make
mine , for me .

Bill
Old 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Elite in 9mm would get my $$$ too.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:56 PM

Commander in 38Super will get my cash!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM

Got a phone call from Megan from Cabot Guns today. She wanted to verify my address and tell me my Prime was hitting the FedEx truck this afternoon. This was faster than I would haver thought possible.
This experience has made me change my tune, Alchemy does not just have great customer service, they have incredible customer service.
I will be getting another Alchemy very soon.
Specs
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 PM

Wow, don't think i have ever heard of a faster turnaround time 2-8 / 2-11.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78 View Post
Wow, don't think i have ever heard of a faster turnaround time 2-8 / 2-11.
Just to be honest, I sent my Prime to Alchemy a couple days prior to the 8th. Just did not post till then.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:15 PM

Great customer service. Going to order one as my next 1911!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:44 AM

Have a prime elite on order through George at Gunslingers. I am interested to see how it compares with my old Baer PII ! George was great to deal with.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA shooter View Post
Have a prime elite on order through George at Gunslingers. I am interested to see how it compares with my old Baer PII ! George was great to deal with.
I would be curious how the two compare. Both great companies and manufacturers. I’m new to the 1911 world and picked up a Baer custom carry and would love your opinion on the comparison.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:09 PM

This really makes me want to order one.... now... can I get it in California?
Old 03-03-2019, 06:46 PM

How do we compare to Baer? Light years better finish work. Flats of frames and slides are perfectly flat and true because they are completely hand polished on granite flat plates. No buffing wheels to make everything wavy. When you look at them side by side there's a stunning difference in the overall look. It's something that you don't really think about until you compare.

Other differences:

1.) No cast parts. All parts are machined. Baer uses 5 cast parts.
2.) We have much nicer 25LPI checkering. Mainspring Housing matches front strap.
3.) No hard fit barrel bushings. All bushings are able to be turned with your fingers.
4.) No hard fit barrel. We hand fit the barrel all the way, not part of the way. (and we actually install the correct size link for the job)
5.) Much better sight systems. Gold beads available, White outline tritium and standard U-Notch rear sight of my own design.
6.) We will flush cut and crown your barrel.
7.) FBI style nub and bevel slide stop is available.
8.) Frames are machined dimensionally correct, and have the highest cut front strap in the business. (dimensionally standard frames make it much easier for the end user to swap components later on)
9.) Extended mag catch is standard as well as single side thumb safety. (we don't jam an ambi safety down your throat as a standard feature)
10.) NO FRONT COCKING SERRATIONS. We don't want to spoil the look of this wonderful pistol. Your holster will thank me.
11.) No questions asked warranty work. You'll get a return label via email. I personally handle each and every warranty repair. I don't push them off on minimally experienced lackeys. (I don't really have those here anyway)
12.) I actually enjoy talking to each and every customer on the phone. You'll never come away from a phone call feeling like you caught me on a bad day. I don't have bad days. How can you have bad days doing this stuff for a living!?

On a side note, if you like accuracy guarantees and hard fit barrels and bushings, they are available. You just have to ask. I hope that helps cover some of the questions y'all have about the difference between the two.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:54 PM

Not bashing Les or his product. Many of you know that I have the utmost respect for Les and all that he has been able to achieve. There have been many times that I have defended his guns and his build philosophy. I am merely pointing out the differences in a way the customer can identify with.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:05 PM

All of the above bullet points make perfect sense.
I do like Baer, but i love my Prime.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:08 AM

Rob, Would you recommend upgrading to the 1" option on the prime elite if it is to be used as an everyday carry gun, or only for bullseye/target work ?
Old 03-04-2019, 01:14 PM

The following statement is just me being as real as can be.

The guns aren't really intended to be used for bullseye/target work in the first place. In my opinion, a target dedicated gun would have a Bomar style rear sight and a nice, target style front sight like maybe a crisp fiber optic. But...some people want the assurance that the gun is as accurate as possible. If you want a gun to be as accurate as it can be, then the answer would be yes.

Can you shoot it to it's fullest potential with a gold bead in a .140" wide U-Notch? Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA shooter View Post
Rob, Would you recommend upgrading to the 1" option on the prime elite if it is to be used as an everyday carry gun, or only for bullseye/target work ?