1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 11:10 PM

CDNN GI Mags???

Hi,
Does anyone have any info on these mags?

Real,fake,good,bad?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/1911-45ac...s#.Xcl4Sy2ZPUI
Old 01-21-2020, 11:29 PM

Pretty sure those are Triple K manufacture as I believe "GI457" is a TK part number. I do know the part number for the unmarked 7 round $8.99 mags (25M) is definitely a TK number. Triple K are not very good mags.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:50 PM

Triple K, in my personal experience, produces a marginal product with marginal materials and indifferent quality control. Also the heat treating of the mag lips is either poor or nonexistent. They may or may not go properly into the weapon. They may or may not eject properly. They may or may not feed properly. If they do work they might not work long because the lips might splay or split. Other than that, they are fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 04:07 AM

Fakes, and not very good ones. Triple K advertisements show those in Triple K packaging without the cage code.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:41 AM

Hi
Thanks, I only own WC 47D's but I'm always interested in original mags!
Old 01-22-2020, 06:31 PM

I've got four of these that I bought for my WW2 GI clone style 1911A1's . They are reproductions and work without issue so far. I have not had any problems and I will bookmark this thread to add any issues I may run into with them in the future. So far I have 400 rounds thru two of them. They look just as good fit and finish wise as my Metalform magazines.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:31 PM

CDNN has a magazine supplier named "Original Equipment", that's why it says that for manufacturer rather than like, "Colt".

Their Mini14 OE mags are quite well liked, but they are not Ruger.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 PM
Administrator

If those are pictures of the actual mags then they are probably garbage. I bought a set many years ago thinking they were genuine GI, but they didn't work worth crap and I noticed the round count holes didn't even line up with the rounds in the mag.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:14 PM

3O745 is a rejected lot of mags. I've never seen one that worked. A fairly common mag that works is the 1M291.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:20 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the good info Gentlemen.

It is appreciated, I will stick with Wilson I think!
Old 02-13-2020, 08:19 AM

I don't often know for what purpose folks are looking for when they ask for a GI mag, but this is as close as you get with current production, the CheckMate GI mag.

CheckMate http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...nes&Itemid=298

Top Gun Supply https://www.topgunsupply.com/check-m...-magazine.html
Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
I don't often know for what purpose folks are looking for when they ask for a GI mag, but this is as close as you get with current production, the CheckMate GI mag.

CheckMate http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...nes&Itemid=298

Top Gun Supply https://www.topgunsupply.com/check-m...-magazine.html
Hi,
I just built a Commander 1911 and want to use a 7 rd. flush fit for CCW with it.

I know that Wilson makes a flush fit 7 rd. and will probably go that way. but...

I keep seeing these GI Mags for sale and wanted some info, thanks!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
Hi,
I just built a Commander 1911 and want to use a 7 rd. flush fit for CCW with it.

I know that Wilson makes a flush fit 7 rd. and will probably go that way. but...

I keep seeing these GI Mags for sale and wanted some info, thanks!
The reason I commented is because some folks really want the GI specific characteristics for whatever reason, and they are looking for a specific mag. Some are just looking for the price, and some like you, are simply looking for a flush fit mag.

There are a lot of flush fit mags available, but not all have the GI mag features.