The one guy that actually has a knife on them. - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 10:24 AM

I hate the direction this country is going in and the wusses, both male and female, that it's creating. Except for a small number of very specific scenarios, I always carry a gun, two knives, spare ammo, and a flashlight. Better to have them and not need them than to be one of the people standing around crying, wondering who's going to save you.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper
Old 11-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Amen to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc145 View Post
I hate the direction this country is going in and the wusses, both male and female, that it's creating. Except for a small number of very specific scenarios, I always carry a gun, two knives, spare ammo, and a flashlight. Better to have them and not need them than to be one of the people standing around crying, wondering who's going to save you.
One thing is certain. There are going to be a lot of snivelers out there when something really bad happens.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:22 PM

What a sad state affairs they are in. I was going to say we but not for the people that get it.
WC TSG 9/45 Vickers Elite 9mm EDC X9/Nighthawk Classic Bob Marvel SS 9mm/EB PATRIOT 3 EB KC/KC LW/SACS TGO-1 PC9111 Nowlin PC9111R PC9102 Nowlin PC9104/Colt SCGRG SCGRGC M45/Anvi III /MEUSOC 1911/1943 Ithaca/Les Baer 1.5 TR NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc145 View Post
I use a inexpensive uncle mikes double mag pouch. One pocket gets the spare mag and the other gets a leatherman will even hold a speed loader if I'm in revolver mood.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
Except for basic training, I've had a pocket knife on me since I was six years old (including attending school in the 60's and 70's as most boys did).
This for me to. I sometimes have a Leatherman on me but if I do I also have an actual knife.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Talking

Does my little Gerber E.A.B. Pocket Knife count? It's my money clip too, and I carry it everywhere. It comes in handy all the time, and is very easy to sharpen
https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-EAB-Po...70_&dpSrc=srch

...plus there are always 2-3 other knives in my truck.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 AM

Was at my daughters school a couple of decades ago. Teacher is trying to open up a box that was sealed shut with fiberglass filament tape with a pair of round nosed kiddie scissors.

I whip out my trusty Swiss Army "Tinker", slice it open for her and put it back in my pocket.

She gives me a "Look" and says "That's a weapon and it's not allowed on school property."

I calmly state, Nope. It's a tool. I always have it in my pocket.

She thinks on it for a second, and then says "You're just like my brother. Don't let anyone else see it."

I DO NOT understand some people.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 AM

I have carried a swiss army officers model since I saw the pilot of the original Macgyver and a pen knife and a gravity folder. I allow people to see the pen knife or the MacGyver .I use cheap wally world china made folders the blades are good stainless and at 6 to 8 bucks loss or abandoning is no great deal .
Old 11-10-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
Except for basic training, I've had a pocket knife on me since I was six years old (including attending school in the 60's and 70's as most boys did).
I had one in basic til a DI took it from me, he kept it too. Carried a pocket knife and a fixed blade in the Nam. When I get home, throw keys, billfold, etc on the taple or in drawer, knife still in pocket.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:23 PM

Knife, tiny Surefire, Commander and spare mag go with me wherever I roam. Tough toboggans for those whom it offends.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:41 PM

I carry two daily, three at work: my utility knife. When I'm ice fishing or hunting I carry three or four: Leatherman, tiny clip from AG Russell, pocket Swiss and fixed blade for game. Whenever I'm in group and a knife is needed I'm usually the only one carrying.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:20 PM

Sounds like some of you guys are hanging out with the wrong crowd!

I'm expected to be the one to produce a knife when one is needed. I guess I just look prepared. Sometimes a sharp knife comes in really handy at a burger joint without proper cutlery or a steakhouse I'll never visit again.

Pretty sure I've had a knife on me everyday since I entered 3rd grade, nearly 55 years ago. Times have changed...

Last edited by TNorris; 11-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:46 PM

I work with our senior high kids at church. I have begun buying 5-10 knives at a time and giving them out when a learning moment presents itself. I have always respected mom and dad's authority and let them know about the situation, how we remedied it with a great tool like a knife, and then ask if it would be alright for the teenager to accept my gift. Never been told no.

Pocket = LCP w/Crimson Trace
IWB Appendix = Walther PPS
IWB = S&W 1911PD
Old 11-18-2018, 07:34 PM

When I was 5 or 6 yrs old, my grandfather gave me a Barlow Boy Scout knife. He taught me how to use it properly, how to maintain and sharpen it properly and how NOT to use it. After that every time I saw him the knife got inspected. Been 50 years since he handed me that jackknife and I still remember his exact words:

"No good man ever leaves his house without a good pocket knife."
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:43 AM

My parents were florists---we ALWAYS had pocket knives from the age of about seven or so---felt naked without it! Carried one at school all my life---never a second thought about it. I EDC a Spyderco Delica four---nice and light---with pocket clip---blade just under three inches long (legal in mostall areas around where I live). I also keep a Leatherman multi-tool (Wingman) in car and a Glock "Field knife" in emergency bag in trunk of car along with the usual stuff...
Old 02-13-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Sidearm, knife and flashlight...always!! Only exception is schools, hospitals, government buildings (with metal detectors) and commercial air travel.
that's why I wont go to any of those places
Old 02-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Reviving an over one year old thread is "necro-posting". Please read the rule in the General Discussion sub-forum, specifically post #7.

Link to thread: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=139310

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)

Last edited by Grandpas50AE; 02-13-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread