Archives.....available? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM

Archives.....available?

Is there ANY way to view older postings?
Such as those from the early days of this forum? 2000-2003
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Retired Administrator

All ya need to do is ask. Hope the link still works.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://1911forum.com

Take care,
Art
Old 09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Administrator

I've tried that link before, but the very old stuff doesn't seem to want to come up. I've always been morbidly curious what I said in my first posts here. However I can remember a few times when the web server crashed and Jason nearly lost everything. It's possible that some of that old content is gone for good.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Retired Administrator

Some is there, others say server is overloaded. You have to try each one.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
I've tried that link before, but the very old stuff doesn't seem to want to come up. I've always been morbidly curious what I said in my first posts here. However I can remember a few times when the web server crashed and Jason nearly lost everything. It's possible that some of that old content is gone for good.
Try going to your User CP to "Subscribed Threads" and click on last . I just brought up my first post from back in 2002 .

We remember our friends Art , Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM

Just saw this thread. It seems to be a very simple matter of settings; log man log man had experienced some trouble seeing the very old threads, and when he tried this it worked for him too.

1. Click on "User Control Panel".
2. When that page loads, click on "Edit Options" under "Setting and Options," the third category in the left-margin menu.
4. When that page loads, scroll down to "Thread Display Options", which is the third big central block from the top.
5. Under "Thread Display Options", look at "Default Thread Age Cutoff", which is the fourth item down. If you can't see very old threads, it's likely that is set to ""Use Forum Default". Change that to "Show All Threads".
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Save Changes".

Don't accidentally skip step 6, or it won't take.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Jon

Last edited by BigJon; 09-30-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks, I just tried that but it still didn't allow me to go very far back. I guess with 25K+ posts I kinda overloaded the system.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 AM

No kiddin? Wonder why it didn't work.