1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM

A New Variation

Brown has out a new newsletter with an interesting variation on the Molon Labe gun that was introduced at this years Shot Show.

This is to be a limited edition and my understanding is the gun (checkered) that was at Shot Show is being replaced with this snakeskin version.

See what you think....

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...53641513202341

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM

I like what it stands for...

It corresponds roughly to the modern equivalent English phrase "over my dead body," "bring it on" or, most closely, "come and get it."

..but not feeling it with this gun, not sexy enough for me.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Personally I prefer the prototype/early ones with checkering.

I also am not thrilled with tax protesters. Not someone I want to associate with personally. I pay more taxes than just about anyone, so I understand the dislike of the tax structure. I really dislike it.

But not paying your taxes is a crime. And I think any one who proposes not paying taxes on the premise that the Federal Tax code is unconstitutional will get a first hand lesson in the pneumonic BOHICA.

In short, I think the association with Champion is a mistake.

Regards,
Greyson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm with Greyson. Don't care for the moulin rouge stuff.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 PM

I tend to agree with Greyson that the checkering works for that gun a bit more than scales, IMHO.

As for the tax stuff, when I first read Greyson comments I was wondering what in the world that was all about.

Upon review of his post, I guess this gentlemen has a background that is unknown to me, will look it up.

Last edited by Hammond; 04-08-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Taxes

As for not paying your taxes> Jesus said "Give Ceaser what is Ceasers". We have to pay our taxes. Do I like ? Hell no . Do I pay to much? Hell yes. But do we still have the Greatest Country in the World. Yes we do!!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:01 PM

+1 on what Greyson said.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM

I like checkering. Even though it isnt that bad looking going with the scales only on the frame and not the slide as well.

Im thinking of calling George and seeing if I can get an EE with a light rail come to think of it.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post

I also am not thrilled with tax protesters. Not someone I want to associate with personally. I pay more taxes than just about anyone, so I understand the dislike of the tax structure. I really dislike it.

But not paying your taxes is a crime. And I think any one who proposes not paying taxes on the premise that the Federal Tax code is unconstitutional will get a first hand lesson in the pneumonic BOHICA.

Regards,
Greyson
Agreed.

Regards....
(Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Link is broke.... Dang I wanted to see purrty pikars!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Country singers, magazine writers, radio pundits. What's the next Brown going to be? I suggest the Elmer Fudd Tactical. It will be vewwy vewwy nice.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...65890743133571

Try this link.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Numbers View Post
All I see is the home page with the video through this link. Am I missing something?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Brown's website has always been a bit quirky when you try to link to a specific page, always seems to default to the home page.

When you get the home page just click on the newsletter link.

Last edited by Hammond; 04-09-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzr View Post
Country singers, magazine writers, radio pundits. What's the next Brown going to be? I suggest the Elmer Fudd Tactical. It will be vewwy vewwy nice.

Sorta agree with this kruzr, they are getting a bit carried away with these "editions" Ayoob, Molon, stick to the basics Ed. what next? the Hammond Hornet?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticeman View Post
they are getting a bit carried away with these "editions"...what next? the Hammond Hornet?

How about? the Greyson Go-Getter'
Old 04-08-2010, 09:00 PM

I like it.

In fact, I like it well enough to have ordered one (not this "Champion" but the regular Molon Labe).

From what I understand, the Molon Labe is only being made this year, and I see this as an opportunity to get an Ed Brown that isn't your basic model that can be ordered at any given time. Besides, as "Ticeman" mentioned... I like what it stands for.

It's kind of like telling the liberal gun grabbers... "Come and GET IT!!!"

Some don't care for the roll marks. Well... to each his own. The roll marks mean very little to me.

Now if Hammond will just contact me and let me know it's finished and on the way to my FFL, I will be a happy camper.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 PM

I like the idea of the Hammond Hornet, the 22 K Hornet is one of my favorite rounds for moderate range varmint eradication!

I am however afraid that nobody would buy the Hammond Hornet though, who would want a gun that goes around half cocked, has a hair trigger, only shoots blanks, and is always emitting explosive gases from places it shouldn't, not to mention gets choked up when you run it hard.

Last but not least it has such a bald top of the slide, it blinds you with light reflections!

As for Johnny, looked order up and it went in the first of March, afraid you may have a few more weeks. I feel your pain, getting ready to order one for myself and I can't get them any quicker.

Last edited by Hammond; 04-09-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spellun
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:

Regards,
Greyson
Personal taste aside, because that is a subjective point. By the way, I agree with the checkering. I don't like the FCS.

But my question is as to why you choose to not associate with the tax protester crowd. Is there something particularly defective with such a crowd? I can understand the few radical fringes that have become of note via various media, due to being too quick to not let the electoral processes have a chance to deal with the possible repeals of said possible non-constitutional legislation. But the tea party movement as a whole cannot be grouped as such.

Also, not to detract from your good fortune from being in such a tax bracket that would afford you such opportunity to have that point of view; but is that to suggest because you are in such good fortune that the rest of "us" should be terminally ill to the point that we rely upon your upper tier of payments that we cannot do better for ourselves? Shall we have w-2's at 10 paces and then turn? I, personally, think that is a very arrogant point of view to "possibly" suggest that the people who are beneath your tax bracket as a general populous are not capable of rising to a "higher station of life" and should be satisfied where we are and continually accept where we are at? No sir!

Were it not for our forefathers who dared to beg such questions and that we should merely submit to the crown and pay our dues, we would not have our Constitution with such an attitude. Historically speaking, the FICA was supposed to be temporary; but as we all know, once the government finds a way to get its hand on the peoples money, it becomes magically permanent. Ask Irwin Schiff, because he dared to challenge and is serving a prison sentence, amongst others.

You have some very broad strokes in your statements and I had to ask inquiry. Don't get me wrong, your input is very valuable and gave me much reason for purchasing an Ed Brown after owning Kimber, Springfield, Colt, etc., when I wasn't happy with various aspects from each manufacturer. But we aren't talking 1911's anymore. I'm just looking for clarification of your statements. I realize the issue is very broad and requires potentially substantial response, but I tried to be as brief as possible.

I am well aware of Jesus' statement of rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but that is in no means a resignation of absolute submission...(not your words in your response, but another's response in support of what you said the way i read it.)

Whatever the case may be, at least we can agree that Ed Brown rocks.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 PM

not feelin' it...

I too am tiring of the 'theme' guns and wish they would focus on better customer service (like paying for return shipping on defective parts), better quality control (stock triggers that don't creep), a 21st century website, and avoid all the marketing-driven theme guns. Do what they do best, and the market will always be there. Take care of us, we'll take care of them.

Although I'm down with the Hammond Hornet in 22lr.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:20 AM

The Jeff Cooper was sharp looking and a nice commerative. I don't understand the why on the rest of the collector guns.

The EE is a great gun. Does not need many changes for most.

My problem with tax system is it is complicated and money raised is not prudently and effeciently spent. For that matter, the money borrowed is not being spent well either. There are lots of mid-sized and small businesses that are disappearing or really hurting right now. If you are large and have good lobbyists, you are in a different class. Not fair.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Regards,
Greyson

Only thing that is a crime is the amount of taxes we have to pay.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
The Jeff Cooper was sharp looking and a nice commerative. I don't understand the why on the rest of the collector guns.
I think it's economics. Ed Brown has figured out that we're crazy enough to spend a lot more $$$ on a pistol if he makes it in a limited run. It doesn't matter what the pistol is commemorating, limited run guns make money. Plus, limited-run guns get press. Even if you don't buy a comemmorative pistol, maybe you get on his website to check them out and decide you need one of his standard offerings.

My guess is that we'll see a lot more limited run guns from Brown on the order of one every year or two until it costs more to program the machine than the commemorative guns can make in profit.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:32 PM

I was lucky enough to purchase one of the original Molon Labe 1911's.(see attached). I do not have a problem with the "molon labe" theme, but I would not want a theme gun named after a political activist I had never heard of until this thread. BTW: EB informed me that the original molon labe guns are stainless steel; I am not sure this applies to the Champion variant.
Attached Thumbnails
molon labe.jpg  
Closed Thread