1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrwalsh View Post
You can't necessary win it all at one shot. Step by step (the same way the opposition does it) will do the job in the long run.
In Virginia State Politics postponing a
bill to the next term is an all around win.

It does mean it will likely be back in 2021 though.

We have been at representative Government longer than anyone else in the New World.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:34 PM

Congratulations guys, you held the line!

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 02-17-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
That came through for us. By donating money to the VCDL, showing up for the rally in Richmond. Or any of the other ways that so many people came through for us. This will not be forgotten. This will never be a one state issue.

Going forward we all need to remember this. The "It will never happen in my state." mentality. Get past that illusion, as it surely will unless we maintain a united front. Just sayin!

^^^^^this^^^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro 1 View Post
"The following Senators voted in a bipartisan manner to protect your rights and kill HB 961 (Republicans in red and Democrats in blue): Chafin, Deeds, Edwards, McDougle, Norment, Obenshain, Petersen, Stanley, Stuart, and Surrovell."

Congratulations, Virginia!
Pedro.
You can be sure the Left will target those 4 Democrats for primary challenges with candidates stuffed with Bloomberg cash and the media.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That came through for us. By donating money to the VCDL, showing up for the rally in Richmond. Or any of the other ways that so many people came through for us. This will not be forgotten. This will never be a one state issue.

Going forward we all need to remember this. The "It will never happen in my state." mentality. Get past that illusion, as it surely will unless we maintain a united front. Just sayin!
I was more than happy to help in the modest way that I could, and it would have been more had I been able to do so. You are absolutely correct that whomever of us is willing and able to act together as one front must do so; it is the only way we will defeat our adversaries. This will never be a "State Issue" - evil lurks everywhere and will come out from under the rocks when it senses weakness on our part. Well done to you folks in Va. and elsewhere that helped and/or took part!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-17-2020, 04:43 PM

That is great news! Congratulations to Virginia gun owners and a special thanks to all who went to the rally. May it be twice as big next year.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:03 PM

Good job men. Proud to be amongst you all.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:39 PM

Sure they will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
You can be sure the Left will target those 4 Democrats for primary challenges with candidates stuffed with Bloomberg cash and the media.
Just as we will be targeting the ones that voted against us. That is what is known as politics.

The word in the street was that they were pretty "stuffed with Bloomberg cash" and had the media on their side this year. So much for that.

Last edited by USMM guy; 02-17-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Stay vigilant and don't take your eyes off them. They'll be back when you least expect it.
Never truer words have been spoken!
As long as they are in office you MUST watch them.
Congratulations!
Old 02-17-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Congratulations VA! You survived the onslaught.
It is a start, but gotta keep the pressure on - they won't stop as long as they are in office
Old 02-17-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
No doubt, HT77.
I can't help but think that resistance from our side made those four Democrats blink.
Pedro.
VCDL
Old 02-17-2020, 07:47 PM

Good job and congrats to everyone.

This is the outcome all other states in trouble should be looking at.

Stay in the game, the enemy never sleeps.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:54 PM

I love it!! We made our voices become loud and clear..... NO!!

But let me tell you this - we can't let our guard down one tiny bit. Lord only knows what they will try next!!!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmegoose77 View Post
When the good people of VA re-elect these turds in November, they’ll continue their anti-gun agenda. They need some time for the people to forget!
There's two issues. The voters across the US have to replace the democrats in the US congress, or the wasted time/money on impeachments against Trump will just continue. And the voters in Virginia need to send a singular 'message' to the democrats that promoted an unconstitutional usurpation of the voters gun rights.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Stay vigilant and don't take your eyes off them. They'll be back when you least expect it.
Northam says they'll try again next year. Keep in mind some of those Democrats didn't so much support the 2nd Amendment but rather voted no because they said the bill as drafted was insufficiently exact.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 AM

This success has just made the Fox-Business-Channel Mornings with Maria (or whatever the show is called)... Just a 15 sec blip by Maria, but they showed the pissed off look of the Evil-Governor. I enjoyed it.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 02-18-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Just as we will be targeting the ones that voted against us. That is what is known as politics.

The word in the street was that they were pretty "stuffed with Bloomberg cash" and had the media on their side this year. So much for that.
I wonder how much cash has to be pissed away by this guy until he finally figures out that it’s a negative ROI?? I think it would be smart to keep an eye on where his funding is originating from. Should be much easier to track than secret emails on a private server or a Lewinski under a desk!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
This success has just made the Fox-Business-Channel Mornings with Maria (or whatever the show is called)... Just a 15 sec blip by Maria, but they showed the pissed off look of the Evil-Governor. I enjoyed it.
Just had another longer interview on regular FOX, VA Dem Peterson (spelling?) State Senator discussed why he voted against the AWB live. He said it was too much and that the Patriots Rally's did matter in swaying opinion. -Go figure ;-)...

"They" said it couldn't be done. :-)
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 02-18-2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:

That's good and what was done over there was a great initial effort but don't pop the champagne. I am old enough that I have seen the Left succeed on every issue they have pushed for even though it might take them decades. I saw them destroy the schools, families and marriage and other foundational aspects of our culture and they don't quit. This is not the end of the war but just the beginning.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:46 AM

Good win. Now PUNISH the miserable miscreants who dared to offer this bill and vote them the HELL OUT!
Old 02-18-2020, 10:12 AM

Excellent victory for Va. I agree with all the prior posts about staying vigilant.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf View Post
Northam says they'll try again next year. Keep in mind some of those Democrats didn't so much support the 2nd Amendment but rather voted no because they said the bill as drafted was insufficiently exact.

Which is a good enough excuse for a democrat.

They can't actually come out and say the bill was unconstitutional,
now, could they?
Old 02-18-2020, 12:26 PM

These kinds of battles will never go away. They'll always be going on somewhere. Keep the pressure on, always.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:04 PM

I will just bet that He was P Od!

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
His boss michael Boomberg will not be happy. Not good for a washed up politician.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:51 PM

I think a lot will depend on the national election. If the progressives suffer defeat, the local politicians will notice. And we have state elections in 2021.

Unfortunately a small percentage of voters actually voted in the last election. I hope in 2021, this will galvanize the pro second amendment folks to VOTE.