They'll stop at nothing Ct. proposes 50% tax on ammo - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 08:10 AM

Just heard this morning the courts have allowed access to the shooters computers to look and see if there is any evidence that Remingtons advertising was especially appealing to younger individuals.
This could be good news for Remington and hi light the fact that the shooter and his mother were both unstable.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:04 AM

Taxes on firearms, ammo and accessories is nothing less then the old “Jim Crow” tactics: discourage the exercise of a Constitutional right by “charging” a tax (read poll tax to vote). Would they do this to any other group? Of course not, because it’s illegal and socially unacceptable. But gun owners - they’re acceptable “targets”. (Puns intended)

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 02-14-2020, 10:08 AM

Besides my regular contributions to the NRA I also just donated 500 A-17 targets and 2500 rounds of 22lr ammo to our club jr program. After a few years of it being dormant we have a dedicated director to run the program, now if we could get more of our members to help out we can send a message that we’re not ready to roll over and play dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 12:29 PM

From Fox link: "Gilchrest shot back: "Every day, hundreds of Americans are killed with guns"

Unless they are getting shot in CT, it's not your responsibility to try and save American gunshot victims. You're just a state representative. Stick to your realm of responsibility.
COTEP member
Old 02-14-2020, 04:40 PM

DSK......’stupid Fudds’? Maybe rethink that a bit?

I don’t care if someone shoots 40,000rds a month, or 4 in a year. Gun owners all need to be counted as ‘one of us’, regardless of their use, of any per year.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post

I don’t care if someone shoots 40,000rds a month, or 4 in a year. Gun owners all need to be counted as ‘one of us’, regardless of their use, of any per year.
I think DSK is referring to the ones who could care less about gun bans as long as their gun of choice isn’t on the list, an example being hunters who don’t care about ARs or AKs being banned because its not their scoped hunting rifle. Then its too late when their deer rifle gets labeled as a “sniper rifle” and ends up on a ban list.
As others have said, gun owners are our own worst enemy sometimes.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
What are they going to do with the revenue? Grow government some more, more bureaucrats?
Bigger government is better government. Seriously, that the way that they think. There is prestige in a large budget. Big budgets allow you to buy more stuff, like armored cars. When you have the cool toys, you have to use them to justify them. Eventually, SWAT will be serving warrants for unpaid parking tickets.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post

If they wish to be counted as "one of us", they need to act as if they ARE "one of us".

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-14-2020, 06:48 PM

Can we tax “full retard”?
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM

Hmmmm Target Sports USA is where I buy my bulk ammo. They are located in CT. I wonder if this would apply to on line sales, if so they would be out of business. Of course they could just move to a free state.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
I think DSK is referring to the ones who could care less about gun bans as long as their gun of choice isn’t on the list, an example being hunters who don’t care about ARs or AKs being banned because its not their scoped hunting rifle. Then its too late when their deer rifle gets labeled as a “sniper rifle” and ends up on a ban list.
As others have said, gun owners are our own worst enemy sometimes.
Correct. A "Fudd" is the name we usually give to casual gun owners and hunters who are not actively pro-2A or serious gun enthusiasts, and who have no objection to the passing of strict gun laws as long as it doesn't stop them from being able to go hunting or skeet shooting once or twice a year.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:24 AM

In ct first ban was large capacity mags. When the ban ran out it was oh you can own them again. Then it was required to register semi autos that meet the requirements of there choosing. And register large capacity mags. First we can own them then we can’t, take one step forward and two steps back. It’s crazy. Now it’s 35% ammo tax. That’s $35 on every $100 that’s spent.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......
Old 02-15-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911crazy View Post
In ct first ban was large capacity mags. When the ban ran out it was oh you can own them again. Then it was required to register semi autos that meet the requirements of there choosing. And register large capacity mags. First we can own them then we can’t, take one step forward and two steps back. It’s crazy. Now it’s 35% ammo tax. That’s $35 on every $100 that’s spent.
This is how “confiscation” will be done. It won’t be cops going door to door taking them or a repeal of the 2A. It will be a continuing list of restrictive laws passed by blue state governments (and God forbid, the federal government if the dems get full control) that will make gun ownership inconvenient if not impossible and the 2A will become just words on paper.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:35 PM

Timbo- I don't think that TSUSA would have to force out of state residents to pay that tax but I'm not sure. Every other product we buy online is only taxable for residents of the state where they live- i.e. Amazon taxes me at the CT sales tax rate; when I buy a product from Texas (for example) there's usually no tax charged to me.

I've been watching the Virginia fight for the past three months and, I'll just say, CT is not VA. I think you'd be hard pressed to get one or two counties to go 2A Sanctuary for starters, and this state's been voting for these kind of anti-constitutionalists for so long that there wouldn't even be any real opposition when it came time to vote on this anti 2A bills- just like when they banned everything a few years ago.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:08 PM

Why is this surprising? Their senators are Chris Murphy and "Da Nang Dick" Blumenthal. Any state that elects and continues to elect commies like these two has something wrong. To expect better is senseless.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:26 AM

The CCDL has issued a "lobby alert".

Those who live in CT should step up.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:35 PM

Public Hearing on H.B. 5040 AN ACT ESTABLISHING AN EXCISE TAX ON AMMUNITION is scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:00PM in room 2E at the Legislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106

This is the latest from the tax u to death state.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:45 PM

It sounds like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longone View Post
Public Hearing on H.B. 5040 AN ACT ESTABLISHING AN EXCISE TAX ON AMMUNITION is scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:00PM in room 2E at the Legislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106

This is the latest from the tax u to death state.
You need to get some of the public, including yourself. Over there to make sure that our side is heard. This worked out reasonably well for us here in VA recently. Sitting on the sidelines silently is not going to help.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:54 PM
Banned

Cigarette and alcohol tax is far worse.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayshot View Post
Whoa.

That may be the case, but those are addictives and are harmful to your OWN health.

Guns and ammo being taxed *that* way is the discussion at hand -- it cannot be allowed. They're trying to back-door control.

Which side, exactly, are you on? Pro-2A? Or not?
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 02-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayshot View Post
Are those constitutional rights?
Old 02-22-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
This is how “confiscation” will be done. It won’t be cops going door to door taking them or a repeal of the 2A. It will be a continuing list of restrictive laws passed by blue state governments (and God forbid, the federal government if the dems get full control) that will make gun ownership inconvenient if not impossible and the 2A will become just words on paper.
You got it!