Ran a Glock 44 Today - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 10:40 PM

Let me first say, I am not a Glock fan boy....actually kind of the opposite. I don’t own one but have shot my share. Probably all the models.

Had 10 students Saturday for a basic handgun class. We had a 44 on the rental shelf, so I grabbed it with my normal cast of characters.

Here are my thoughts....

- It’s very light. Didn’t check the weight...but it does feel light.

- Shot fine. Think we had one FTE but ****....it’s a .22. I put about 40 rounds through it myself after class and found it to shoot very accurately.

- It’s a TERRIFIC training gun. While it’s “meh” as a .22 with all the great .22s out there, the gun is genius as a training gun. Glock has somehow managed to capture the look, feel and near exact operation of a standard firearm.

I plan to continue to use it.

Last edited by WaterDR; 02-09-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:39 AM

Thanks for the honest review. My first reaction to the idea was that it would be a tough road to beat out the selection of ďperfectedĒ rimfires already out there. Keep it in its place, a lightweight training tool. Out of curiosity, what ammo were you running through it??
Old 02-10-2020, 10:03 AM

Cci only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2020, 10:43 AM

I have not shot one yet and although I own a model 19 I’m not a big Glock fan. I had the opportunity to check one out and it was so light! Amazingly light! So light that I a thinking about buying one once I can save up some money. I also need to hear some accuracy test etc. plus it is just like my 19 in size,

I’m curious, what was the trigger like? Is it a typical crappy Glock trigger or nice? If I need to change out the trigger like my 19 etc then I may not want to invest a bunch of money into it. I have heard great things about the Taurus 22 and it’s half the price and extremely accurate. I also have other 22 pistols already.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:10 PM

Nice.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
I have not shot one yet and although I own a model 19 I’m not a big Glock fan. I had the opportunity to check one out and it was so light! Amazingly light! So light that I a thinking about buying one once I can save up some money. I also need to hear some accuracy test etc. plus it is just like my 19 in size,

I’m curious, what was the trigger like? Is it a typical crappy Glock trigger or nice? If I need to change out the trigger like my 19 etc then I may not want to invest a bunch of money into it. I have heard great things about the Taurus 22 and it’s half the price and extremely accurate. I also have other 22 pistols already.
As a .22 target gun with a great trigger, it is not. As a near identical polymer .22 to a standard sized gun, it is nearly perfect.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
I have not shot one yet and although I own a model 19 Iím not a big Glock fan. I had the opportunity to check one out and it was so light! Amazingly light! So light that I a thinking about buying one once I can save up some money. I also need to hear some accuracy test etc. plus it is just like my 19 in size,

Iím curious, what was the trigger like? Is it a typical crappy Glock trigger or nice? If I need to change out the trigger like my 19 etc then I may not want to invest a bunch of money into it. I have heard great things about the Taurus 22 and itís half the price and extremely accurate. I also have other 22 pistols already.
The trigger is typical Glock. To save some money, just buy an Advantage Arms conversion if you want a .22lr Glock.

If you did any improvements to your 19 internally you have that benefit by using the AA upper.

I shot a couple of G44's and the triggers were both the same, in need of attention. I like shooting my G17 AA conversion but I put a few bucks in it to make it more fun and less aggravating.

I didn't do any upgrades to the AA upper other than the red dot. But all of what makes it fun and reliable is in the lower anyway.

It has been super reliable and shoots rings around the G44 but in fairness the trigger group in my G17 lower is a Zev and nowhere near a stock G44.

AA mags are also much cheaper than the factory 44's.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
Cci only
I had this model a few years back. Beretta 70S in .22LR. It would dependably cycle anything I fed it. Found out after I sold it, it was a favorite of the Israeli Mossad.

I stupidly sold it, and am still kicking myself.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Dee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
Cci only
I had this model a few years back. Beretta 70S in .22LR. It would dependably cycle anything I fed it. Found out after I sold it, it was a favorite of the Israeli Mossad.

I stupidly sold it, and am still kicking myself.

Just to be clear....I don’t know...the only ammo that I ran was CCI. That’s all we allow through our rentals.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 PM

I purchased my G44 to use has a low cost trainer for my G19 and it fills that role great I have those 2 has well as a recently purchased G41. All 3 triggers are the same, an ounce or 2 under 5.5 pounds.

As far as accuracy, I’ve shot it enough to see it is capable of very good accuracy but due to the trigger and a little over 14 ounces weight, it is difficult to shoot to its accuracy potential. At least for me. I shoot my 2 Ruger MK IVs, Buckmark, High Standard Victor and others more accurate.

My is very reliable. I’ve always loaded the magazines according to the owners manual and the video on Glock’s website before I ever noticed there was instructions on how to load them. The magazines are very easy for me to reload without a loading too. I do use loading tools are other magazines.

Like I stated, I enjoy shooting my G44 and it works great for the purpose I bought it for.

Joe