Anti-gun ‘expert’ says ‘how you hold the gun makes it’ an assault weapon - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 11:25 PM

DSK we live in that state
Troy341
Old 01-31-2020, 03:29 PM

Technically speaking this clown is not too far off the mark.

If one "holds" a gun in a "certain" manner it does become an assault weapon aka "it is being used to assault someone." (Held by the grip and pointed in the direction of the victim.)

If one were to hold said gun by the barrel, in an unloaded condition and pointing in a safe direction, (say as in packing it up for travel); it would not become an assault weapon.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post
Well, if it all comes down to how the gun is used, perhaps instead of banning guns, we could just criminalize bad behavior.
Now that's a thought process...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 07:21 PM

This person has the following creds:

Harvard University (A.B.)
University of Neuchâtel (Fulbright)
Yale Law School (J.D.)

Wonder if he's heard of the "Ove Glove?"
https://www.amazon.com/Ove-Glove-Res.../dp/B001EPR98Q
No need for barrel shroud or grip with an Ove Glove.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Gangsta Gun

Attachment 573336
I vote that we award whomever popularized that particular way of holding a gun on TV and in the movies with a lifetime humanitarian achievement award. Think about it: had they actually taught people to aim using the sights, many more people would have been killed and/or wounded by people trying to shoot at them using - and I'm guessing here - the safety as an aiming tool.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:45 PM

I always forget: are they assault weapons when we don't hold our pinkie fingers in the air like the truly genteel, or is it the other way around?
Old 02-01-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
We are fast approaching the day when at least one state will completely outlaw all semi-automatic firearms regardless of type or features.
Well, let’s make sure that we have many states that won’t. We are the people!
We were given a directive by the founding fathers, nowhere did it say that we should compromise that which they gave us. We are armed men dang it, we need to act like it.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:22 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Quote:
We are fast approaching the day when at least one state will completely outlaw all semi-automatic firearms regardless of type or features.
Well, let’s make sure that we have many states that won’t. We are the people!
We were given a directive by the founding fathers, nowhere did it say that we should compromise that which they gave us. We are armed men dang it, we need to act like it.
Exactly. It's called direct civil disobedience. It's called Molon Labe. You can't take away something from free men that never belonged to you to begin with. The very idea of that is hateful and anathema to all things American. It's actually quite simple when you think about it.

Last edited by LW McVay; 02-01-2020 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Administrator

N.B. The 2nd Amendment grants no rights. It merely states that the government will not try to infringe on your preexisting inalienable rights.
Repealing or ignoring the 2nd Amendment takes away no rights; it just serves notice that your government has become the type of government that DOES try to take away your preexisting inalienable rights.
The name for such governments is tyrannies.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Adminstrator

^^^Spot on.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
N.B. The 2nd Amendment grants no rights. It merely states that the government will not try to infringe on your preexisting inalienable rights.
Repealing or ignoring the 2nd Amendment takes away no rights; it just serves notice that your government has become the type of government that DOES try to take away your preexisting inalienable rights.
Hit the nail right on the head
Old 02-01-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
That is correct and sooner than we think. Here is my thought process on that (think bump stocks). The government says I can legally purchase a semi-automatic firearm and then wants to confiscate it. You allowed me to purchase it and it is mine now. The government will get it when I want them to have it and not before.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
"The schools are dumbing down America." I hate to break it to you but that has been going on for over 40 years now and is the main reason the Democrats haven't been drug out in the streets and beaten to death. Americans are not only "dumbed down" - they are completely unaware and unconcerned that they are being sold down the river. Most Americans care more about the Super Bowl than they do their country.
I'll add to that by saying "Most Americans care more about money than their Constitutional enumerated rights".

No Regerts.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermane_1911 View Post
I'll add to that by saying "Most Americans care more about money than their Constitutional enumerated rights".
Pretty much. We have tolerated a lot just because of prosperity. Once the economy finally hits the fan and money becomes worthless, it won't be pretty.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Best post defining all the rights in the BoR in quite some time.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp Mangum View Post
Democratic Virginia Del. Mark Levine said the biggest difference between hunting rifles and “assault weapons” is “how you hold the gun.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...assault-weapon
Yay then my m1carbine is safe from their attempts at totalitarianism.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:41 AM
Banned

anyone ever realize that yahoo is a derogatory term used in gullivers travels, that is used by the biggest email company of all time?
Old 02-09-2020, 03:08 AM

The only thing worse than what that guy said is that there are people (idiots) out there who actually believe him.