Trijicon rmr2 or Deltapoint - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 02:15 AM

Trijicon rmr2 or Deltapoint

I am deciding between these two. It will be used on a duty gun. I like the motion activation of the Deltapoint, but am a big fan of Trijicon. Does anyone have experience with both? Just looking for pros and cons of each.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:06 AM

We're issuing the rmr on our Glock 31s. Our test gun has a few thousand rounds so far with no issues. I've purposely abused it by hitting the sight on walls and ledges.
I like how the dot auto adjusts when I move into different light conditions.

The Trijicon is always on and we plan on changing the battery once a year to be safe.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:54 AM

I just went through what you are doing and chose the Delta point pro. The motion activation won me over.

That and I do not need a plate on my STI Stacatto P Dou. I just mount it directly to the slide without an adapter plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 07:30 AM

If its your first handgun optic, the bigger window of the Deltapoint can make learning easier. The battery is also easier to change on the DP. Other than that they are both good.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:55 AM

The huge advantage the RMR has over the DPP is it allows you to set your slide upside down while cleaning.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:17 PM

I also chose the DPP due to its larger window and motion activation. It goes on-duty as soon as the holster and mag pouches arrive.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 01-26-2020, 04:35 PM

There is no question here. Trijicon is on another level entirely from any other pistol optic in terms of it simply working, and being impossible to destroy.

Window size really doesn't matter, the more you use RMRs the more you will realize this. I'll link videos exposing and explaining more of these concepts since there is a lot of false perceptions on this sight how pistol optics really work and are used.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 01-26-2020, 06:09 PM

Check out the RDS videos from Sage Dynamics, link is to all his videos not just the RDS ones so you'll have to look for them but they are worth watching.

Second link is to Aaron Cowan's of Sage Dynamics white paper on RDS's for duty handgun use. It's 71 pages but a lot great information.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SageDynamics/videos

https://1312bba5-e7e7-76e8-1fca-a01b...4a0c1370c2.pdf
Old 01-26-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
There is no question here.
No actually there was a question there as indicated by that curly thing with a dot under it. Must be the medications?
Old 01-26-2020, 10:35 PM

No meds, there is also no question if it's an optic you are going to use for duty/hard use. The RMR simply doesn't have an equal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRK-zj6eXKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzpJBrLU5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HloKf9WifJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrlxEwUaRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztEAnWuVMvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tV_TafhDrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EINDUy_ZrBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLLJIqklOVE&t=1133s

Watch these and you will quickly understand the reality of dots, I found this guy after I had come to nearly identical conclusions in personal testing and torture of the gear.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 01-28-2020, 06:10 AM

I have also been considering an optic for EDC. In this application dependability is priority 1 and the RMR wins in this department hands down. The battery life on the RMR is measured in years and the DPP is in months and varies between units according to everything I have seen.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:07 PM

I have both, RMR on a Glock and DPP on a SIG. I've used the RMR for about 3 years and the DMP for less than 1. I haven't had a problem with either, but I trust the RMR more simply because I've had it longer without issue. They both have good reputations. Battery change is much easier with the DPP. Because of the design/size of the units, the dot sets a little lower with the RMR, which I like. I change the battery in the RMR every year and haven't changed the DPP battery yet--but if it makes it through the year I will change it at that point. Prices are similar. If I had to pick one, at this point it would be the RMR, but I wouldn't complain if I was told I could only use the DPP.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:22 PM

https://thegunzone.com/best-pistol-reflex-sights/

Read it & weep.

Guy Noir, private eye.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:51 PM

Isn't the interweb wonderful, you can find things to back up your purchase/opinion no matter what it is...
Old 01-30-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
Isn't the interweb wonderful, you can find things to back up your purchase/opinion no matter what it is...
Drop your optic and gun on concrete 10 times in a row and you will realize the RMR is the only one that can survive. None of the other pistol optics can make it past 3 and that's just a fact
Old 01-30-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Drop your optic and gun on concrete 10 times in a row and you will realize the RMR is the only one that can survive. None of the other pistol optics can make it past 3 and that's just a fact
I don't have to drop my two RMR's that are sitting in their boxes waiting for me to get around to returning them because they broke the first time I used them. Yes I understand that Trijicon has figured out how to fix them now but I wonder how many years and tons they shipped like mine. I tried to like the RMRs because they are compact and nice looking, maybe I can use them for side mount on rifles or something.

That last article got a laugh out of me because the listed Vortex on their best list, I have three of theirs including two Venom's. One came on a gun I bought, an STI, and the dot would go out half way through the windage adjustment and I couldn't zero it. I sent it back and bought another while I was waiting because they were cheap, the second one didn't have enough elevation adjustment to zero. On top of that on that gun you had to take them off to adjust/lock because of the rear sight. Tell me what sense that makes.

Since that time I have bought six DPPs and haven't had any problems. The only thing I don't like about those is the brightness adjustment. I haven't noticed any battery life problems and I haven't changed the batteries in a couple of years. But I don't leave them on, use the auto-on/off or carry them.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:52 AM

I hope people realize that most of these blogs are simply ways to get paid advertising and many have no clue about what they are writing about.

Just read the disclosures that they all have:
Quote:
TheGunZone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.ca, or amazon.co.uk.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
I have also been considering an optic for EDC. In this application dependability is priority 1 and the RMR wins in this department hands down. The battery life on the RMR is measured in years and the DPP is in months and varies between units according to everything I have seen.
Yet the DPP doesnt require to dismount and Re-Zero the optic to change a battery.

Everything is about trade offs.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Window size really doesn't matter, the more you use RMRs the more you will realize this. I'll link videos exposing and explaining more of these concepts since there is a lot of false perceptions on this sight how pistol optics really work and are used.

Ive been shooting both the RMR and DPP for years. Window size does matter to me. Its far easier for me to transition from my RMR to DPP than vice versa in a session. Course mount point is also slightly different between them.

One thing is for certain.. You have to commit to using one, half assing it wont cut it.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
I hope people realize that most of these blogs are simply ways to get paid advertising and many have no clue about what they are writing about.

Just read the disclosures that they all have:
Quote:
TheGunZone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.ca, or amazon.co.uk.
Bingo!
Old 01-30-2020, 11:50 AM

The durability of the RMR would knock it over the top for me in the duty context.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojpros View Post
The durability of the RMR would knock it over the top for me in the duty context.
I think you’re probably right there. The biggest issues are are you slapping it on a pistol, where you can get the duty holster you’re comfortable with, and to many of the ‘experts’ have no actual duty experience to back up some of their hilarious claims.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
Yet the DPP doesnt require to dismount and Re-Zero the optic to change a battery.

Everything is about trade offs.
My RMRs don't need re zeroing......but I use a TQ wrench so they go back to the same place every year. If not it takes about 5 rounds to zero an RMR anyway so I don't see what the issue is. Zeroing needs should not really be a selling point as long as an optic holds where you set it.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:19 PM

Thanks to everyone for your input. I decided to go with the Trijicon. I will update after extensive use.