Springfield Champion Range Officer Champion .45 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 02:16 PM

Springfield Champion Range Officer Champion .45

Purchased new and upon getting home, I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed before heading out to the range. Took 1 box (20 rounds) of Hornady Critical Duty 220+p, a box of Federal 230gr HSTs (50 rounds), a box of Remigton 230 FMJ, and 1 box of Winchester Service grade 230gr FMJ.

Magazines were a mix of Wilsons 47D 8rd, CMC 8rd, Check Mate Industries 7rd, and Springfield 7rd (also made by CMI).

The box of Remingtons, Winchester, and Federal, all ran through without a single issue through all of the mags. The critical duty had a ftf on the last round with one of the springfield mags. As soon as I pulled the mag out to clear the jam, the round fed and went into battery. Didnt know if it was a mag issue, if I limp wristed, or if the round got caught up on the ramp. I didnt have any more of the critical duty so that will have to wait to rule out possibilities and pinpoint the issue. Of note though, the mag was continued to be used and worked fine with the other types of ammunition.

Accuracy was very well. when I did my part it was pinpoint accurate at 10 yards. It was most accurate with the Hornady and Remingtons. Accuaracy (see orange target) with Federal HST was very good although it did shoot a little high and to the left. Minimal issue up to 15 yards or so but, may prove an issue beyond that.

Recoil was a little snappy but, not unmanageable. I expected more of a kick due to the lightweight frame but, was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Putting over 150 rounds wasn't exhausting considering how light it feels in the hand.

It will definitely be on my list of go to carry guns.
Attached Thumbnails
champ45 2.jpg   chap target2.jpg   chap target1.jpg  

Last edited by daddy13; 09-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:23 AM

Very nice groups and sharp Champion I like the grips.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:44 AM

I've got the Champion as well, not a single issue with mine, it went into my carry rotation about a few weeks ago. I went dark with my grips.

Advertisement