1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Questions about Recurve bows.

Sooooo I know I know this is a gun forum. But as I love this forum and know there is great information here I figured I would post this. I am interested in buying a recurve bow. I used to shoot them in high school and think they are fun and wouldn't mind having one of my own. Mind you it has been about 10 years, and I know NOTHING about them as far as buying goes. I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea on some brands and such for me to look into. I want to hunt/camp/target shoot with this bow. I don't want to spend a crazy amount I just want it to be durable and rugged. Anything come to mind? Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 AM

If you want a factory bow I have heard Martin makes some good recurves but haven't shot any of them. I have several old Browning and Bear recurves that shoot great. You could also look into custom bows, although they can get pricey. Currently I shoot a custom reflex/deflex longbow. It has red elm limb laminations with zebrawood laminition, and the riser is made out of bubinga, purleheart, and maple.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Go to the local bookstore and get a magazine called "Traditional Archer". Last one I flipped through had lots of adds in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM

This has nothing to do with firearms so I have closed the thread. If there are any members that can help, send the original poster a PM or email.
TFL #296 -- MOLON LABE Leonidas c 480 BC -- FFF
If it ain't metal, single stack, and single action, it ain't a 1911 no matter what it looks like!!
Do Not Irk The Forum Curmudgeon
Harold V. B: 03/28/11 D: 11/23/07 Dad, I'll miss you.
Closed Thread