Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian17 View Post
Jon that is correct if you want aluminum. I just don't like the business as a whole . If I wanted an aluminum receiver I would buy it, but nothing else. I just don't like their business practices. You could say that it is shady at best.
Are you basing that on something in addition to what is being discussed here?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Jon that is correct if you want aluminum. I just don't like the business as a whole . If I wanted an aluminum receiver I would buy it, but nothing else. I just don't like their business practices. You could say that it is shady at best.
And you have proof? Or it's just your opinion?

Regards,
Joseph
Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Well considering when you buy parts from "Fusion" you are getting other manufacturers parts, what more proof do you need?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Ditto for Remsport stuff sold in Mass.
American Pistolsmith Guild
Old 03-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Well, I dunno, Casp' - re-badging parts for re-sale seems to be a common, commonly known, and generally accepted practice in the industry. What has been pointed out earlier in this thread, though, is quite another matter - and enough on its own to make me back up.

Best,
Jon
Old 03-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well considering when you buy parts from "Fusion" you are getting other manufacturers parts, what more proof do you need?
Same with Wilson and many others.

Have you been wronged by Fusion? Do you have any experience with their parts?

...or are you talking out your bee-hind?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
That's not shaddy, manufacturers rebadge their products for any company who wants to sell the products under their own brand. It's common in all industries....It's called private label.

Regards,
Joseph
Old 03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
...so...that's it?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

No never wronged, but I have noticed that when you order things as mentioned you don't get what they advertise. , I know there are lots of rebadging around, Wilson, Ed brown, but it is the mis-representation that gets me.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
I recently bought a STI thumb safety from Midway to change out the ambi safety already on my Fusion pistol.

I noticed Fusion had the EXACT same safety on their sight but they didn't mention it was made by STI.

...yes, they do mislead, but at least the parts they aren't making are still well made (by someone).
I've only returned a few parts to Midway.

A pair of STI ambi safeties were among them. The shafts were as cast and filled with pits.

I have a Fusion slide that looks exactly like the Auto Ardinance ones you get from Numrich.

This thread is informative and kind of scarey.

Putting another name on parts you made is one thing. Buying cast parts and claiming they're CNC'ed in your plant is another.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM

So, it appears to be a "You pays yer money and take yer chances' thing with Fusion. There is enough information and opinion in the thread for someone to make his/her own decision about Fusion parts.

There is no further need to continue a thread that has turned into a bash Fusion party.
TFL #296 -- MOLON LABE Leonidas c 480 BC -- FFF
If it ain't metal, single stack, and single action, it ain't a 1911 no matter what it looks like!!
Do Not Irk The Forum Curmudgeon
Harold V. B: 03/28/11 D: 11/23/07 Dad, I'll miss you.
Closed Thread