Watchamacallit - TRIGGER ACCESORY - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 AM

Watchamacallit - TRIGGER ACCESORY

I used to see interesting - clamp on (using set screws), wide serrated alloy, Trigger Pads - on revolvers with thin triggers & target rifles etc. I'd like to find one for a rifle I own - but in doing a computer search for them - I must not have been calling them by their correct name - & couldn't find ANY at all - I gave up after trying all the descriptive names I could think of.
ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHAT TO CALL THESE - OR WHERE TO LOOK ?
I remember they felt pretty nice to use on the revolver with them - that I tried out many years ago.

THANKS, C.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:59 AM

They're called "Trigger Shoes".
Old 02-18-2020, 12:04 PM

Not seen very often except on very specific guns for specific range use.

Too many negligent discharges!

Smiles,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2020, 01:59 PM

Do not use one on a self defense gun, at least not one that is wider than the trigger guard as many are. They were intended primarily for range guns. Too much risk of a negligent discharge on a gun you carry for self defense or hunting as the extra width can snag on things and make for a loud unintentional noise accompanied by a misdirected projectile. Just went through a conversation on this very thing on Facebook with a young fellow who was determined to ignore advise from more experience folks.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:49 PM

I have them on my bullseye pistols but would never put one on a carry gun. DJ Precision makes them, although I am not sure if for rifles. They may make one based on your measurements.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:22 PM

These are the original folks of many.

https://www.t-grips.com/TriggerShoeHomepage1.htm

LOG

Old 02-18-2020, 05:30 PM

"They may make one based on your measurements."

Uhhhhhh.......
48/42/38
Old 02-19-2020, 10:16 AM

THANK YOU - ALL GREAT ADVICE. Here is the rest of the story (punch line). I want to put the Trigger Shoe on my deluxe Hungarian FEG AK - my "baby Dragunov" 7.62x39 range target rifle. It already has an improved trigger, & is surprisingly accurate. It is inexpensive & enjoyable to shoot. I have a lighted reticle Zenit military scope for it.
I like it a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
FEG 3 FEG sa2000m 100_3400.jpg  
Old 02-21-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolwrench View Post
"They may make one based on your measurements."

Uhhhhhh.......
48/42/38
Just because you may not offer the option does not mean other smiths don't. Email [email protected] and talk to Frank Sokolowski he makes trigger shoes and asks for measurements. Many bullseye shooters use his trigger shoes including his son Adam Sokolowski who is a very good shooter.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso1 View Post
Just because you may not offer the option does not mean other smiths don't. Email [email protected] and talk to Frank Sokolowski he makes trigger shoes and asks for measurements. Many bullseye shooters use his trigger shoes including his son Adam Sokolowski who is a very good shooter.
Ummm.... I believe Chuck was giving his own measurements. In other words, he's a bit pudgy.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAYHEM* View Post
Ummm.... I believe Chuck was giving his own measurements. In other words, he's a bit pudgy.
Looks like he may be takin' those noassatol pills.