1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertrace View Post
You have a lot of negative things to say for a 1 post member.

Their older models may have been a little prettier, but in my experience the Stacatto line is running like a sewing machine. I like the look and feel of the G2 grip, but I carry my pistol 50+ hours a week at work. You can easily change the grip with one from Extreme Shooters.

As far as the name goes, I like the STI name because it's short and sweet. But sexually transmitted infection isn't something to hold on to.
Way off topic here, but curious....Why do you feel your perception of his/her post being negative, has anything to do with being a 1 post member. Simply asked, why is this relevant or has any bearing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budkole View Post
Way off topic here, but curious....Why do you feel your perception of his/her post being negative, has anything to do with being a 1 post member. Simply asked, why is this relevant or has any bearing?

Thanks in advance.

It the gun forum world, we tend to take you more seriously if you've been around long enough to know if you know what you're talking about or you're just a blow hard, keyboard commando.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
It the gun forum world, we tend to take you more seriously if you've been around long enough to know if you know what you're talking about or you're just a blow hard, keyboard commando.
Unfortunately, the number of posts here has ZERO to do w/ knowledge, training, or experience--except to those w/ lots of posts. Anyone can post nonsense in every topic to get his post number up, which I see happen on 1911Addicts.

Fortunately, it is not hard to spot the Keyboard Gunmen, as they spot lots of personal opinion w/ nothing to back-up their BS.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 02-14-2020, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the replies gents! I read here religiously (weekly, sometimes daily) but rarely post anything because I usually find what i'm looking for via the search feature...which is the best tool on a forum like this IMO.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of people that join this forum and think they’re experts, spouting off all sorts of nonsense. I’m not saying the poster is one of these but we tend to listen more to people that have been around for a while, positively contributed to discussions and have a high post count.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:33 PM

First time poster here to whine about STI?

Sounds legit.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:33 PM

I’m no expert in the 2011 game but i had the opportunity to shoot my buddies 5” staccato p and decided to get my own. His was the older model and mine is the new lineup 4.45”. I don’t see any difference in how they shoot at all. Both are a dream. While I think the tree bark grip looks better I don’t notice any difference in actual performance between the two.

They were very responsive to me. I don’t know if it is because I went through the active duty military program or not but they responded to me in a couple hours, and had my order in about an hour after that. I’m assuming they are at an all hands on deck situation bc i was quoted 12-14 weeks to get my gun. However, it showed up at my ffl 15 days after my order! I can’t complain about that.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:18 AM

showing photos of the accuracy of a handgun

It is best to show the accuracy of your handgun by using a sand bag rest or if available, a Ransom Machine rest. Standing off hand and shooting at distances of 15 yards or less and showing photos of the accuracy is meaningless.

When I test my gun builds for accuracy, I want to take the "human error" possibilities out of the testing. I shoot off sandbags or a similar rest. In addition, the minimum distance I prefer to shoot for testing my guns, or even a new reload I have developed, is 25 yards or further.

When I test a rifle, especially with optics, I will sight in for 25 yards, make corrections to the optics if needed, then move the targets out to 100 yards. All of my rifles with my own handloads will shoot sub MOA at 100 yards when I shoot from a seated bench rested position. I never allow the rifle barrel to rest on any sandbag or support, but use the receiver for support.