STI International name change to Staccato - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
I'm a little late to this party, But I think the rumor of a change from STI International to Staccato is "fake news".

The link provided above doesn't work.

STI's website is still https://stiguns.com/

Their facebook page is STI International.

Their email address still contains STIGUNS.

Their facebook page has a video posted last week in which the guy talking says the company has not changed its name.

Staccato is a line of pistols, not the name of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
Did you read any of this thread?
Yes, I did. No one provided any factual information of a Name Change. Someone posted an email about Staccato as Re-Branding, but that doesn't mean a name change, and the email provided doesn't quote a name change.

Their website is still https://stiguns.com/

Their email address for Law Enforcement pricing is [email protected]

They posted on Facebook as of 2 days ago as "STI International"

Here's a video STI International posted last week in which the STI Employee states they have not changed their name.

https://www.facebook.com/Staccato201...9495798356883/

Attached is a photo of their current facebook page identifying them as STI International.

Here's an email I just got from them for law enforcement ordering, identifying them as STI Firearms LLC.

They have a range demo coming up on Feb 15th in Illinois called "STI Range Day Demo".

So to answer your question, yes, I read the thread, none of it contains any verifyable information of a name change from STI to "Staccato".

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2359.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	574656

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2360.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	574658
Old 02-13-2020, 02:31 PM

My booth at SHOT Show was about 20 yards from the STACCATO Booth. The STI initials were nowhere to be seen in the "STI" booth. All the staff shirts and name tags even said STACCATO. Over the 4 days of SHOT I spent over an hour at the STACCATO Booth talking to the staff. When I asked them about the name, they all said the same thing, they changed the name of the brand to STACCATO. When asked why, I received vague answers about corporate restructuring.

By all means just call them if you doubt the name has been changed! It will take you less than a minute and they will confirm they have indeed changed their name. No need to write another word about the subject. The name has been changed to STACCATO.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:53 PM

Alright, I just called the number on their website. A nice women answered and said "STI, this is Laurie". (Great voice by the way, God Bless Texas.)

I asked if STI changed their name. She said yes, it's been changed to Staccato. I then asked why she answered as STI? She said they are going to continue to use STI when answering the phone, the website address will continue to be https://stiguns.com/ and for now will continue to refer themselves as STI until direction is given to change.

So there you have it. STI has changed their name to Staccato, but will continue to address themselves as STI. Clear as Mud.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:20 PM

It really seems like there is no one at the facility who is in-charge and can make decisions.

At this point, I am regretting my decision to buy the "P" for a variety of reasons.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 02-14-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
Alright, I just called the number on their website. A nice women answered and said "STI, this is Laurie". (Great voice by the way, God Bless Texas.)

I asked if STI changed their name. She said yes, it's been changed to Staccato. I then asked why she answered as STI? She said they are going to continue to use STI when answering the phone, the website address will continue to be https://stiguns.com/ and for now will continue to refer themselves as STI until direction is given to change.

So there you have it. STI has changed their name to Staccato, but will continue to address themselves as STI. Clear as Mud.
I was on their website today and I noticed STI is not clearly seen or pronounced anywhere on the site.

Yes this is the transition phase; they are in the process of a Re-Brand, that is why it seems "Clear as Mud". When looking at a brand during the transition phase, it is a little Muddy, but soon it will all be crystal clear and they will answer the phone "Hello, Staccato, how may I direct your call?"
Old 02-14-2020, 08:12 PM

IF you can get them to answer the phone. I am playing Phone Tag w/ their receptionist, and it is her turn to call me back.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:34 AM

Rebranding is nothing new for a company or organization that has had some bad issues or that is otherwise trying to change their image. It will be a good thing for all of us if their change is successful and hopefully they have put their quality problems behind them. Best of luck to them if they are serious about stepping up their game and not just papering over the negatives.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:54 PM

https://www.staccato.com/

Old 02-27-2020, 07:37 AM

Don't click on that unless you want to get women's shoe ads in your email.