Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 05:37 PM

Are you going to Shot Hawkeye Fan?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
Good luck, but I think your betting timeline is far too optimistic.
Oh I know. I'm betting some of this ****ty Iraqi dinar I brought home from my last deployment.
😂😂😂
Old 01-21-2020, 10:07 PM

So, Safariland is saying February but I’ll believe that when I see it.

They’re also coming out with a RDS version of their 7TS holster. Didn’t hear a release date for it yet or what guns beside Glock or M&P they’ll be available for.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:10 PM

I betting on a Glock Carbine will come out first!
Old 01-22-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
I betting on a Glock Carbine will come out first!
Oh yeah. Right now I think Iíve got a better chance of hooking up with Taylor Swift the next time she comes to Vegas than getting this holster.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Below are the model numbers for Safariland RDS duty holsters for the Staccato P's.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:11 PM

interesting that they went with the 6300 series.

I would have thought new stuff would be 7300 series.

I am assuming you are still waiting on your HawkeyeFan?
Old 02-07-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
interesting that they went with the 6300 series.

I would have thought new stuff would be 7300 series.

I am assuming you are still waiting on your HawkeyeFan?
Oh yeah still waiting.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:56 PM

I have the same issue with Safariland for our duty holsters. I wanted to order 7 series to use with our Trijicon RMRs, but I got stuck buying 6 series. Ordered them in November. No clue when they will arrive if ever, so I've got 30 RMRs sitting the closet.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:10 AM

So i reached out to safariland regarding the 2019 staccato p without RDS and was told there wont be holsters specific to 2019 staccato p without RDS and I would have to modify a springfield trp version but they would not guarentee the retention would work. 😒 guess I wait to find out about the new blackhawk t series..
Old 02-11-2020, 12:17 AM

That's pretty sad news. I've talked with some US Marshals folks who were more or less promised a working ALS holster for the P/RDS/X300 combo. I've already ordered 3 Red Hill Tactical holsters that will get the job done for me. But I'd sure love an ALS...
Old 02-11-2020, 06:28 AM

I am going to be in the north side of Austin tomorrow. I was planning on stopping by STI to handle the new versions of Staccatos. Hopefully they let me in as I called last week and left a VM with no response yet.

If I like them, I am not going fwd with a sales order until duty holsters are available.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertrace View Post
That's pretty sad news. I've talked with some US Marshals folks who were more or less promised a working ALS holster for the P/RDS/X300 combo. I've already ordered 3 Red Hill Tactical holsters that will get the job done for me. But I'd sure love an ALS...
Yeah since I bought my staccato last year in I believe march or April, I have been being told an ALS for the p with tlr 1 hl will be available soon. Now I am being told none at all. Seems like handful of people spoke with blackhawk during shotshow and they seem to believe a t series will be released for the staccato. Hopefully not only for one with rds.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I am going to be in the north side of Austin tomorrow. I was planning on stopping by STI to handle the new versions of Staccatos. Hopefully they let me in as I called last week and left a VM with no response yet.

If I like them, I am not going fwd with a sales order until duty holsters are available. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
Ya I wouldn't have pulled the trigger so fast had I known I would be left in the dark with no duty holster option unless I modify an existing holster to which safariland wont guarentee the fit or functionality.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticLEO View Post
Ya I wouldn't have pulled the trigger so fast had I known I would be left in the dark with no duty holster option unless I modify an existing holster to which safariland wont guarentee the fit or functionality.
I've been following this thread for some time and have to agree. I think the holster issue for LE is a BIG deal. Its really holding STI, now Staccato, back from wider use in uniform carry.

My Department is still sitting on the whole RDS issue waiting to see how this shakes out. We could, and might I hope, authorize MOS Glocks and CORE S&W, and hold off on Staccatos for the future.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:11 PM

Guys, Ted Blocker and probably others will make you a duty holster for whatever gun you want. I hope to have my model-402 in <one month.

Of greater concern is whether STI will be here next year. Their communication skills are pretty much non-existent, which does not speak well for a company needing to improve its reputation.

It will be interesting what SW finds (hopefully not a smoking crater) when he goes there tomorrow.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 02-12-2020, 07:02 PM

I made it to STI..... thats what it said on the building

I got lucky and a couple of huge fails.

I was told they normally dont have any completed guns on hand as everything ships out because of backlog, however I got lucky as they still had a Staccato P and Staccato P DUO that were on display at the Shot Show.

Got to handle them (2020 models)....fit was good for my 3XL hand, however I still felt the pinch point on my inside thumb from the edge of the thumb safety. It would be up to me to modify the thumb safety (roll the edge).

Here are the fails X 2.

I was packing my MCOP on a duty belt. I took both my duty holsters which are older 6360s one with a light and the other not. I also had my older 600 lumen Surefire X300U.

Drum roll......
I attempted to install the NON DUO in the non-lighted holster and the fail was the front corner of the trigger guard. DOH.... I had heated this holster sometime back to tighten the slop with my MCOP. Well the holster kydex was reshaped in the trigger guard bottom and that was the block from further install.

If I had to guess..... it would have gone further..... but thats all I could guess. FAIL #1.

Drum roll......
I attempted to put my older Surefire X300U on the DUO and it would not fit on the rail. The rail dimensions are definitely beefier than my Springer Operator rail, which goes on snug. FAIL #2.

As much as I hate to say this..... I drove away with a huge unknown. No current Level III duty holster support and a couple of failed tests with my own equipment. I will move STI from the back burner into the refrigerator as I am not willing to buy and not able to carry on duty.

By policy I have to carry Level III retention. I am not willing to drift to another platform as we are DEEP in 6300 and 7300 series holsters for duty and training. That is what we use at the dept and academy.

Nice pistol. I will continue on with my MCOP or LTT.

On a positive note.... I ate at SLAB BBQ (North Austin) and their pulled pork sammwich with Jalas was amazing.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 02-12-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:19 PM

Do you roll w/ a Springer?

Old 02-12-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
Do you roll w/ a Springer?
If rolling means 30 yrs and currently desk driving in Patrol Admin with occasional extra duty details at the county hospital.. then yes.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
If rolling means 30 yrs and currently desk driving in Patrol Admin with occasional extra duty details at the county hospital.. then yes.

This site really needs a LIKE Button.

The reason I asked is that I am unfamiliar w/ the abbreviations "MCOP or LTT".

Old 02-14-2020, 02:47 PM

SW CQB 45

None of that is good. One of my guys has a 5 inch Staccato and his TLR-1 goes on. But the attachment system is more forgiving.

As for the holster issue that's really really holding me back. Between this and the fact our Chief, who's not a gun guy BUT supports the RDS idea, may approve RDS but only on Glocks and M&P, has me holding off.

Kevin yeah Ted Blocker and some other small semi-custom makers do make holsters but they could never support the volume we'd throw at them. Also those of use who want to stay with the 62XX/63XX system would be out in the cold unless Safariland comes through
Old 02-14-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2734 View Post
SW CQB 45

None of that is good. One of my guys has a 5 inch Staccato and his TLR-1 goes on. But the attachment system is more forgiving.

As for the holster issue that's really really holding me back. Between this and the fact our Chief, who's not a gun guy BUT supports the RDS idea, may approve RDS but only on Glocks and M&P, has me holding off.

Kevin yeah Ted Blocker and some other small semi-custom makers do make holsters but they could never support the volume we'd throw at them. Also those of use who want to stay with the 62XX/63XX system would be out in the cold unless Safariland comes through

I have a G4 G19 RMR machined slide that I had laying around for quite some time (2016). I had intentions of selling, but decided to keep it as I would not recover what I have in the slide work. I bought a new lower (2019) for it at a decent price. I also got a Holoson 507C as I much prefer the reticle options over the single dot with 57 year old eyes. This thing is silly accurate.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 PM

Our store has CORE M&Ps and MOS Glocks for around $550-$570. Add in tax and transfer fees and your out the door for around $650. Way less then a Staccato and fewer issues.

Trust me, I'd love to have the latest toys but in the end both do the same as the STI at one quarter the price.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2734 View Post
our store has core m&ps and mos glocks for around $550-$570. Add in tax and transfer fees and your out the door for around $650. Way less then a staccato and fewer issues.

Trust me, i'd love to have the latest toys but in the end both do the same as the sti at one quarter the price.
a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+a+
Old 02-20-2020, 10:41 PM

I use Red Hill Tactical holsters with my P DUO and it is an awesome combination.

I love Safariland holsters but Red Hill is a great company. Ordering holsters number two and three this week.