Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro View Post
I want primers!
Plenty around Frankie!!
Im primered out!!! The great S&B primer "trial run" in the U.S. for a whopping $19.99 got the best of me. Over the course of a couple visits to Cabelas before they went Bass Pro, I managed to wrangle about a half a gajillion of them. I couldn't stop. I shot a bunch and they worked great, they worked well in the loaders too. I was possessed...I would shoot a couple hundred rounds and turn around and buy a few thousand primers! Then one day, the dream was over.....I was told that they quit selling them in the U.S. because they had a fire that destroyed the plant and they had not sold them here since. Anyway, the addiction took awhile to fade, I kept buying CCI at $32 because I couldn't stop. They need PA (primers anonymous)!!
There......Waaay more info than you wanted, considering you didn't ask for any!!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:09 PM

It hasn’t on firearms, but it definitely has in certain areas with powder and primers. I already explained to my better half that I’m buying primers and powder every 2 weeks for the guns we shoot the most. She didn’t blink after that.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:00 PM

A fire at the primer factory? That must have made quite a bit of noise.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:56 AM

Now would be the time to buy firearms and ammo. Before the coming election madness.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
A fire at the primer factory? That must have made quite a bit of noise.
Kind of a crazy story. The Czech factory “exploded” and killed a few workers. I say fire, but that’s the interesting thing.....no fire followed the explosion!
Kinda like blowing out an oil well fire I guess. God that had to be loud!!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:28 PM

God bless the people of Virginia but WHERE WAS ALL THIS OUTRAGE ON ELECTION DAY? I don’t want to hear the excuse about gerrymandering because that election turnout was extremely low. Any Americans out there hopefully you will learn from Virginia’s mistake go out and vote against these statist bastards in November 2020 I sure will!
MAGA 2020
PROUD DEPLORABLE
Old 01-22-2020, 05:34 PM

There was a gawking frenzy and a lot of gut sucking in at this table.Otherwise nothing much going on at all. Ordered a few of those Ruger 57's.

Too many guns are out there for everybody to pick from, They will never run out.RON K.
Attached Thumbnails
9eb5496666440d9f7db46836dc14259a.jpg  
Old 01-22-2020, 05:41 PM

time of year for the annual new year inventory reductions. Some things in retailing never change.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:24 PM

Mayor of New York

Quote:
Any gamblers here? Vegas odds are favoring Trump.

I actually not only expect Trump to win this round, I also suspect he will try to get a 3rd term, regardless of the limit.
Right, Like what Bloomberg did.
“A man's rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, jury box, and the cartridge box,”– Frederick Douglass
Old 01-22-2020, 07:36 PM

Powder and components are plentiful here in TX.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:41 PM

Not a panic - yet. But a LGS dealer I know was planning on shuttering his store this Jan., but evil black gun sales have picked up for him.

Last fall, a retired Kalifornia cop visiting my range said only Kali approved guns were maybe selling OK, but the hard to find commodity were the reloading presses; this at the time when Kali all but outlawed bulk ammo purchases.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:14 AM

Its going to be a really bad day if the Commiefornians put restrictions on reloading components and/or outright ban the process of private loading of cartridges. How bad do things have to get before people stand up for themselves out there?? California compliance guns, wait 10 days for a rifle, strip search for ammo.......c'mon man.....so wrong!
Old 01-23-2020, 11:19 AM

Boston Bill -------- Term limits should be adhered to. No exceptions. I don't care if your're Jesus returned from heaven. Two terms & you're out.

I don't know of any particular restrictions on reloading or components in CA. Or any mad rush to buy the stuff here. But I'm not a reloader, so I'm not the best guy to ask.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:06 PM

Plenty of components at my local ACE Hardware store here in CA
Old 01-24-2020, 06:47 AM

I hope it stays that way. Reloading should be really catching on. The problem is, the more popular it becomes, it gets on some commies radar. Imagine the spin these pukes would put on freely being able to buy pounds of “explosives” through the internet! Get it now, before you are limited to Triple Seven!
Old 01-27-2020, 09:53 PM

I think there going after semi auto rifles not handguns if the left does anything. I very deeply regret not buying a ar15 back when we could own them. Even though I have no interest in them.

I think the more important thing than the panic gun buying is reloading supplies to keep us plinking. But maybe a surge in reloading equipment for those who never reloaded before.

I’m thinking new and used brass, leadcast bullets, jacketed bullets, powder, primers.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......

Last edited by 1911crazy; 01-28-2020 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Boston Bill -------- Term limits should be adhered to. No exceptions. I don't care if your're Jesus returned from heaven. Two terms & you're out.

I don't know of any particular restrictions on reloading or components in CA. Or any mad rush to buy the stuff here. But I'm not a reloader, so I'm not the best guy to ask.
Term limits for ALL. Not just POTUS for Pete’s sake. Primers and powder for me from now on. Ammo for one caliber I don’t reload for (7.62x39). Doubtful on anymore guns right now. Someone said it earlier, if you are seeing “out of stock” or bare shelves.....it’s already too late.