1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 06:36 PM

Bud's Gun Shop

Kudos to Bud's Gun Shop! I ordered a pistol late Saturday night and picked it up from my dealer today. Amazingly quick service!
Old 01-22-2020, 08:30 PM

I had a Colt XSE lightweight Commander chambered in .38 Super on layaway from Bud's as a retirement present to myself. When I paid it off Bud's couldn't send it to me because it wasn't in stock and it wasn't available from Colt anymore. I got my money refunded and will not look at Bud's website to this day.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:46 PM

I ordered a LW Colt Commander for 9mm. Got it right quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 08:53 PM

I've always had great service from Buds.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbee View Post
i've always had great service from buds.
Same here
Old 01-23-2020, 08:25 AM

Anyone remember the Black Friday fiasco a few years ago?

I won't deal with them. And yes, I hold a grudge.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:29 AM

Used to buy more from Buds and I never had any issues. The main reason I don't anymore is because they don't stock the guns I'm interested in currently.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:36 AM

I have bought about 6 guns from them in the past 5 years. Never had any problem of any type. I have never used the "lay-a-way system.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
Anyone remember the Black Friday fiasco a few years ago?

I won't deal with them. And yes, I hold a grudge.
I do not. What happened? I recently ordered my first and last gun from buds. Price was fair, but it took 10 business days to receive my gun. It showed the gun in stock and it sat in "shipping department" for 8 days. Was a credit card order so no waiting on checks to clear. Essentially a cash sale (with no cash discount since I used cc) when I contacted them to inquire about my order, the guy on the line (when they finally answered) was rude and a smart ass. I asked if there was an issue with my order causing the hold up. He replied really fast "nope" then silence. I said uh excuse me? Then why is my order being held up? His reply was "I guess you think you're the only person that's ordered products from us?" I replied no, but bet it's my last time ordering from you and hung up. Lots of people really rave on buds. But my first experience was horrible. I'm spending 600 bucks that I COULD have spent anywhere else, at least sound appreciative.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn6518 View Post
I do not. What happened? I recently ordered my first and last gun from buds. Price was fair, but it took 10 business days to receive my gun. It showed the gun in stock and it sat in "shipping department" for 8 days. Was a credit card order so no waiting on checks to clear. Essentially a cash sale (with no cash discount since I used cc) when I contacted them to inquire about my order, the guy on the line (when they finally answered) was rude and a smart ass. I asked if there was an issue with my order causing the hold up. He replied really fast "nope" then silence. I said uh excuse me? Then why is my order being held up? His reply was "I guess you think you're the only person that's ordered products from us?" I replied no, but bet it's my last time ordering from you and hung up. Lots of people really rave on buds. But my first experience was horrible. I'm spending 600 bucks that I COULD have spent anywhere else, at least sound appreciative.
I've purchased more than a few and never had an issue. However if I had the experience you had I would feel the same way. However after speaking with him I would also be speaking with his supervisor as well. Just me I guess but I certainly wouldn't put up with that crap.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:55 AM

I have never had a problem with Bud's. Always got what I wanted when it was promised. Used the layaway once and no problems. They don't always have the best price but they keep changing prices. I Have picked up some good deals by waiting and checking when no one else came close. Patience pays off sometimes but if you wait to long it will jump back up so you have to know your prices and when to strike.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I don't remember if this was three or four years ago, but Bud's advertised heavily via email, paid ads on gun forums etc, of blowout prices on stock they didn't have.

In addition, some customers' orders for incredibly priced items were processed right through, while others' orders were rejected. Almost as if regular customers were served while first time customers (even if ordered first) were told 'Sorry, out of stock'.

I know this from the gun forums I belong(ed) to at the time and read many, many complaints across these forums that followed these same descriptions of the problems.

I've never bought a firearm from a big-box on-line store and it's not very likely I ever will. I do purchase from Gun Broker after researching the seller and have always had good dealing from sellers on that site.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
Quote:
I don't remember if this was three or four years ago, but Bud's advertised heavily via email, paid ads on gun forums etc, of blowout prices on stock they didn't have.

In addition, some customers' orders for incredibly priced items were processed right through, while others' orders were rejected. Almost as if regular customers were served while first time customers (even if ordered first) were told 'Sorry, out of stock'.

I know this from the gun forums I belong(ed) to at the time and read many, many complaints across these forums that followed these same descriptions of the problems.

I've never bought a firearm from a big-box on-line store and it's not very likely I ever will. I do purchase from Gun Broker after researching the seller and have always had good dealing from sellers on that site.
. I do know that they have a "paid membership" type of deal. Can't remember what it was called. But if you're a member, your order gets bumped to the top so if it's limited quantity, the team buds (just remembered) members are filled first. And other perks. So basically yeah you can pay to be a "special customer" and get the deals that normal people can't. Not sure if that's what happened there or not. It should be first come first serve. Just as if you were inside their brick and mortar store (which from what I hear is almost bare) but now that I think about it, I think they serve their "team buds" members first there too. I've read some real horror stories on their customer service since ordering from them. One that rings a bell is about a guy that ordered a gun and mailed them a money order (to receive cash discount) and they cancelled his order without telling him and when he requested a refund or his item he was informed that they would return his MO if they could find it. If it had been deposited into their account, it could be up to 60 days before a refund was issued. It took him almost 90 days and LOTS of calls to their store, a few calls to the BBB.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
I've purchased more than a few and never had an issue. However if I had the experience you had I would feel the same way. However after speaking with him I would also be speaking with his supervisor as well. Just me I guess but I certainly wouldn't put up with that crap.
Without a doubt! The management should definitely know about that asshat CS guy. Buds is better than that, or at least they were. That dude should be thrown out the back door, he is costing them money!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Without a doubt! The management should definitely know about that asshat CS guy. Buds is better than that, or at least they were. That dude should be thrown out the back door, he is costing them money!!!
I once had a customer service representative for a gun manufacturer tell me when requesting to speak with his supervisor that the only supervisor he had was the payroll clerk. Basically the whole call he wasn't giving me any satisfactory service. He actually tried to play me off like I was some grade school idiot.

I closed out by telling him I knew he was lying but if true that would explain his extremely poor customer service. I also told him hopefully I would never have to use their service again but I'm not buying his crap. I also told him I would track down his supervisor. Turns out his supervisor was on vacation but I was able to track down another customer service representative supervisor who reviewed the call and was extremely responsive and apologetic. I'm guessing because it wasn't his boss I actually created more problems and maybe had more affect on their customer service because that one call was only a part of the issue with their customer service I had experienced to that point.

The bottom line is that I simply won't stand for crap and if necessary I"ll do what it takes to get the service I paid for. If I can't convince the person to do their job then I'm more than willing to speak with their supervisor.

Last edited by Dddrees; 01-23-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:23 AM

Bud's makes it easy to order online plus they have great prices.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Quote:
I had a hard enough time getting through to that guy. I called several times before I got him, endless emails and that "live chat" button was a joke. Typically automated responses. The day after I actually talked to ass hat, I received an email with my tracking info. No apologies, nothing. Just an automated email with a tracking number.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I had a hard enough time getting through to that guy. I called several times before I got him, endless emails and that "live chat" button was a joke. Typically automated responses. The day after I actually talked to ass hat, I received an email with my tracking info. No apologies, nothing. Just an automated email with a tracking number.
Of course I don't know all of the circumstances however and yours may not be one of those cases.

It just seems to me there are many cases where people have issues with customer service and rather than trying to rectify it directly they would rather bitch, moan, and complain. Way too many who are unable or unwilling to stand up for themselves and work the issue. Life is a negotiation but yet if your unwilling or unable to do so your just stuck with what they hand you instead of what you are able to achieve by sometimes having to stick up for one self. If unable to get that person on the other end to do what I think is reasonable and the service I paid for I automatically ask to speak with their supervisor.

Others may have problems for various reasons and some just because they shy away from confrontation. I do not but I can start by being polite and then refer to what I could call my NCO voice and be fairly insistent or demanding.

Others I guess just get what they get.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Of course I don't know all of the circumstances however and yours may not be one of those cases.

It just seems to me there are many cases where people have issues with customer service and rather than trying to rectify it directly they would rather bitch, moan, and complain. Way too many who are unable or unwilling to stand up for themselves and work the issue. Life is a negotiation but yet if your unwilling or unable to do so your just stuck with what they hand you instead of what you are able to achieve by sometimes having to stick up for one self. If unable to get that person on the other end to do what I think is reasonable and the service I paid for I automatically ask to speak with their supervisor.

Others may have problems for various reasons and some just because they shy away from confrontation. I do not but I can start by being polite and then refer to what I could call my NCO voice and be fairly insistent or demanding.

Others I guess just get what they get.
I typically have no problem seeking further results as part of my job is customer service, I know how it's supposed to work. Had I not gotten results within a reasonable time I would have kept calling until I spoke to bud himself. Although I do feel my conversation with AH was not fruitful, my gun shipped the next day. Coincidence? Possibly. Maybe my phone call got someone on the ball. Had it dragged out another day I would have sought further assistance. I'm aware of the people that would rather bash or bitch than actually do something to get the results they want or deserve.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I once had a customer service representative for a gun manufacturer tell me when requesting to speak with his supervisor that the only supervisor he had was the payroll clerk. Basically the whole call he wasn't giving me any satisfactory service. He actually tried to play me off like I was some grade school idiot.

I closed out by telling him I knew he was lying but if true that would explain his extremely poor customer service. I also told him hopefully I would never have to use their service again but I'm not buying his crap. I also told him I would track down his supervisor. Turns out his supervisor was on vacation but I was able to track down another customer service representative supervisor who reviewed the call and was extremely responsive and apologetic. I'm guessing because it wasn't his boss I actually created more problems and maybe had more affect on their customer service because that one call was only a part of the issue with their customer service I had experienced to that point.

The bottom line is that I simply won't stand for crap and if necessary I"ll do what it takes to get the service I paid for. If I can't convince the person to do their job then I'm more than willing to speak with their supervisor.
I was told by a supervisor at the company I worked for. That when he received a customer complaint on one of his employees would tell them that he fired the employee. The customer was all happy thinking that they showed that idiot employee that messed with them. I suspect that type of thing happens at quite a few companies.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
This mirrors my experience with them. I paid by check for a Px4 .45 and they took their sweet time shipping it, and when my FFL prompted me that he was wondering where it was and I called Bud's to inquire. The check had been cleared for more than a week yet they had not shipped. I was polite. the chick who answered their phone was not and abrasively told me that the item was back-ordered, which I pointed out was a contradiction to what one of their other employees had told me when he said it was in the warehouse pending shipment.

Don't get me started on their penny auctions racket, which Hickok45 shills for them. You can read plenty online from people who have noted the irregularities with those (and my experiences matched theirs).

Life is too short to deal with a sleazy outfit, so I will do without before i will do business with Bud's again.

On the other hand, Grabagun has been exceptional. They have made a couple of minor mistakes but quickly owned up to them, fixed them, and took the hit without my asking them to do so. What more can you ask?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I typically have no problem seeking further results as part of my job is customer service, I know how it's supposed to work. Had I not gotten results within a reasonable time I would have kept calling until I spoke to bud himself. Although I do feel my conversation with AH was not fruitful, my gun shipped the next day. Coincidence? Possibly. Maybe my phone call got someone on the ball. Had it dragged out another day I would have sought further assistance. I'm aware of the people that would rather bash or bitch than actually do something to get the results they want or deserve.
I used to work with a guy who was in most ways intellectually unexceptional, yet he had an uncanny knack for cutting through the BS with businesses of any size and was able to effortlessly bypass all the layers of deflection to get to the head office of any company. He could play executive assistants like fiddles to get hold of Fortune 500 CEOs on the golf links to badger them over trivial matters such as errors in order fulfillment for personal purchases, and he understood that crap flows down hill. Inevitably, the phone rang in our office within minutes by somebody falling all over himself or herself to placate him. Yet he never had the vision to realize how to parlay that skill into bigger opportunities.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildphil View Post
I was told by a supervisor at the company I worked for. That when he received a customer complaint on one of his employees would tell them that he fired the employee. The customer was all happy thinking that they showed that idiot employee that messed with them. I suspect that type of thing happens at quite a few companies.
Yes it does. I have a friend who works at a large grocery chain. Her manager will chew her out in front of the customer to make them happy. Employees know it is just for show.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:08 PM

So the common denominator, and weak link in all of these experiences, as it has been through time, is PEOPLE!!!! I see it this way: If people screwed up Paradise, well, that sort of laid the template going forward. The older I get, the less I expect from folks. Turns out I'm right the vast majority of the time. However, this approach does allow for the occasional, momentary exhilaration of finding the one who, against all possible odds, breaks the mold!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Yes it does. I have a friend who works at a large grocery chain. Her manager will chew her out in front of the customer to make them happy. Employees know it is just for show.
That's why when something is serious enough that it warrants a real complaint to drive a correction, I don't bother with store managers. Instead, in the case of a chain store, I find out who the regional manager is, send an actual letter outlining the the situation and how much I have spent with them in the last year and how much they stand to lose in future sales if I don't see a real change, and then I cc the CEO's office. The regional manager knows that any negative feedback from the head office is going to have real and immediate consequences if he doesn't step in to set expectations with the local staff. Usually they are appreciative of an opportunity to correct behavioral issues that can undermine sales, especially when margins are already slim.
Closed Thread