Coonan Customer Service - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the update, glimmer of hope with this horribly managed company. While I would never buy another thing from them again, it would be good if my Conan can still get warranty repair's if needed.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 05-15-2019, 09:11 AM

Yeah fingers crossed! Maybe there's more too it, health issues or some other thing out of anyone's control. Really hoping to grab some mags!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Thanks for the update, glimmer of hope with this horribly managed company. While I would never buy another thing from them again, it would be good if my Conan can still get warranty repair's if needed.
See that's the problem...you've got the "Conan" model. It is a cheap imitation...
Old 05-27-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Perry View Post
I tried calling them again this morning. The phone is back in service and there is now a recorded message. You are unable to leave a message. The recorded message states they are in the process of a company restructure that is taking longer than expected, and they are not returning any customer requests until the restructure is completed.

763.786.1720 from the website?

I tried, "the number you are trying to reach is out of service"

whatever is going on at coonan, whenever the truth is fully revealed it will make one hell of a documentary

the real issue nagging me is shoot these beautiful babies or keep em cozy on their thrones in the safe

Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM

Just tried the number again and getting the "#out of service" message too. Shoot 'em, not good for anything else!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:32 PM

So it's been over a year now that we started this thread. What's everyone doing with their Coonan's? I ended up selling my Classic. In the end the lack of mags and any sort of parts availability did me in. I put it up on Gunbroker and got a nice price for it. I have money down on a 6" Springfield 10MM TRP that will be replacing it shortly. The 10MM offers the same or better ballistics, the TRP fit and finish is far better than Coonan, and I can buy mags and anything else I need from an endless selection of vendors.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 AM

Wow it appears Coonan is up for auction! So glad I sold off mine over a year ago.
https://www.hoffonlineauctions.com/coonan.aspx
Old 11-07-2019, 10:27 AM

Going to keep my 3 coonans, and still shoot them. I bought my first one back in the early 80s cannot see me going to the range and not being able to have a coonan to enjoy shooting, but that is just me, I like them .
Bob
Old 11-08-2019, 01:13 PM

Sunk cost bad trade, no different than buying a stock which goes bad on you, and this is a small loss as things go...I hope no one was naive enough to think they were coming back. I'll shoot mine till it dies, shoots nice, after that it will make a very attractive paperweight and commemorator of my US-Navel Service - I got the Navy Camo finish and love it! - LOL! I don't need the money, don't need to sell it.

No interest in 10mm, yep both rounds are ballistically very similar and both offer wide ranges of power factors, but a 10mm without a comp isn't going to shoot near as well as even the uncomped Coonan (with similar PFs at the high-end). It was designed around the 357M and the reason why it was such a unique and great shooting gun. Alas, the owner was bad at business, his second bankrupcy. Big mistake when they went all in too fast with too many other calibers. An incremental approach may have worked better and even if it didn't, they might have been able to stay in business.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 11-08-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:39 PM

I would like to know if any 10mm coonans were sold, any one have one? How about a range report. Did you have any problems with it?
Bob
Old 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p269 View Post
Going to keep my 3 coonans, and still shoot them. I bought my first one back in the early 80s cannot see me going to the range and not being able to have a coonan to enjoy shooting, but that is just me, I like them .
Bob
I loved the Coonan and put thousands of rounds through it. Always drew a crowd at the range.

But after having the slide crack, barrel bushing crack, and trigger become extremely loose, I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling owning a gun that would no longer be able to be fixed down the road.

Add the mag release to the list. This coonan owner is SOL at the moment:
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1003536

Last edited by andrew1220; 11-13-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Alas, the owner was bad at business, his second bankrupcy. Big mistake when they went all in too fast with too many other calibers. An incremental approach may have worked better and even if it didn't, they might have been able to stay in business.
Agree 100%. Not to mention the price point of their 10mm offerings was significantly more than other companies. Those were going to be a hard sell in an already saturated market. Should have just stuck with 357 mag for the time being.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:27 PM

It is my understanding that Mr. Coonan had sold the first Coonan company to someone else and they were the ones to close it.
Bob