1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
If you go the do it yourself with friends route, remember that you not only have flooring to worry about, but personal injury liability in the event of an accident. Much better to hire it done by a reputable company with insurance.

Just too add.

Funny how little injuries early in life can affect quality of life later in life. Did I say funny, they really aren't.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:38 AM

I went and bought a couple of pallets of shorts.

Down at the sawmill yesterday. The guy working there that helped me. He looked like he could pick up and carry a 300Lb. box about anywhere all by himself without even breaking a sweat.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:51 PM

Carve up a couple of cardboard boxes and lie them flat on the ground. Place the safe on the cardboard and slide it down the hilled area in the grass? Maybe?

It will work if there is some grass.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:42 PM

300# isn't that much, and that tile is tougher than you think, unless it was installed by a hack. Rip some pieces of 1/2" plywood to cover the treads, get a couple of friends to help. Don't build a ramp, unless you have a lot of confidence in your abilities, that can go wrong quickly.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:08 AM

Oh come on L.E.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E. View Post
300# isn't that much, and that tile is tougher than you think, unless it was installed by a hack. Rip some pieces of 1/2" plywood to cover the treads, get a couple of friends to help. Don't build a ramp, unless you have a lot of confidence in your abilities, that can go wrong quickly.
All he has to do is grab a gantline, tie a timber hitch around the safe. And then back it down off of the nearest mooring bitt.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
All he has to do is grab a gantline, tie a timber hitch around the safe. And then back it down off of the nearest mooring bitt.
You make it sound so easy. Being raised around boats I get it. Always had a lot of respect for the mm. In my younger days my dad worked for a company called electro-nav repairing radios and radar on ships. Got to ride along with dad and go to the ports. Most times the captain would allow me to come on board and hang out in the bridge. 13 years old standing at the helm of a tanker was awesome.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
I assumed he didn't want to wait until high tide....
Old 10-28-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
I'm going down, not up. But yes, I'm going to rent a good stair dolly. I hope to get help but cannot count on that. So it may be my 135 lb skinny self going it alone.

If for some reason I don't survive I will post about it from the Great Beyond.
Now you’re just making some of us jealous... the 135 lb part!