Used pricing? Kimber Pro Carry II ? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 02:52 PM

Used pricing? Kimber Pro Carry II ?

What are these going for used in the real world?

All black, stock, with box.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:44 PM

Sign up on Gun Broker, look at the completed auctions. That will give you a very realistic price. Don't forget to take the shipping into account.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E. View Post
Sign up on Gun Broker, look at the completed auctions. That will give you a very realistic price. Don't forget to take the shipping into account.
And the transfer fee.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 11:57 PM

Low end is $450-$550... which is what it should be, since you can buy the newer two-tone models for $650-$700.

As mentioned, these are Gunbroker prices, which always has a very good selection of decent used Kimbers, and lately... at VERY decent USED prices.
Colt CCO, Colt Officer's ACP, Springfield LWT Compact compensated .45, Springfield LWT V10 Ultra, Springfield LWT Compact Night.45, Kimber Super Carry Pro, Kimber Ultra .40, Kimber Combat Carry .40, Sig P220 Compact SAO, Beretta 92C, Caspian/Fusion .38 Super LWT Officers Hybrid Comp'd, M&P PC ported.40 CORE, M&P 2.0 Compact .40, S&W 65-5 3", S&W 625-6 Mtn Gun.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:13 AM

Looks like you're in CA? Depends if they are on the roster. 45 acp calibers are usually around 600, the 9mm models fetch over 1k.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:24 PM

Thanks Folks. I'm just going to hang onto it. I'd lose too much money selling it. I think I'll go ahead and get a bobtail job done on it.

I just hated from the time I bought it the way it disassembles. The idea of needing a "tool" (even if it's just a paper clip) to take apart a 1911 is just WRONG! And I didn't do my homework to know that, because it never crossed my mind.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydave View Post
Thanks Folks. I'm just going to hang onto it. I'd lose too much money selling it. I think I'll go ahead and get a bobtail job done on it.

I just hated from the time I bought it the way it disassembles. The idea of needing a "tool" (even if it's just a paper clip) to take apart a 1911 is just WRONG! And I didn't do my homework to know that, because it never crossed my mind.
You've always hated it, but are going to put more money into it?
Attached Thumbnails
hoganfacepalm.jpg  
Old 05-25-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Spend 50 bucks and get the Wilson flat wire kit then and forget about the tool. And changing your spring any earlier than 40k rounds. Win-win.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Old 05-26-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
You've always hated it, but are going to put more money into it?
Rephrasing - I've hated that aspect of the weapon since discovering it.

I like the gun. It shoots great. The limitations on buying factory bobtails are slim in CA. If I'm going to live with that "tool" aspect of the gun (to avoid taking a bath moneywise) then I might as well toss $150 into a bobtail job and make it so likeable that I forget about the "tool" aspect.

I will also investigate what the Wilson thing referred to above is.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2019, 12:08 PM

OK.. Just watched a video on installing the Wilson flat recoil spring kit into a Kimber.

GREAT! Why on earth didn't Kimber do that in the first place?!?!?

Needing a paper clip to take apart a 1911 is just stupid design on Kimber's part.

Thanks KC!!!
Old 05-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
OK.. Just watched a video on installing the Wilson flat recoil spring kit into a Kimber.

GREAT! Why on earth didn't Kimber do that in the first place?!?!?

Needing a paper clip to take apart a 1911 is just stupid design on Kimber's part.

Thanks KC!!!
Even before I installed the Wilson flat wire kit, I didn't need the tool for disassembly/reassembly; the video of disassembly/assembly of the Pro sized gun on the Wilson youtube site with Greg Martin demonstrating the technique is easy to follow and do.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 05-26-2019, 04:15 PM

The one where you remove the slide while carefully holding the spring in place from lifting up? Yeah, I did that when I first got the gun.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
Even before I installed the Wilson flat wire kit, I didn't need the tool for disassembly/reassembly; the video of disassembly/assembly of the Pro sized gun on the Wilson youtube site with Greg Martin demonstrating the technique is easy to follow and do.
You have a link? I searched and couldn't find it.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:37 AM

Another option is the Wilson Bulletproof GI Guide Rod Commander (576S) for $8.95.

If it's time for a new spring you can get a 20 lb for 4" Guns (10SC20) for $6.95. Before you say that's the wrong spring it's actually the right one. Kimber uses a 22 lb Rated Wolff Officers (3.5") Spring that's borderline on length and doesn't make it's rated lb in a 4" Guns. You could get the closed plug too, but in some guns it has to be fitted. The Commander Rod and 4" Spring will work with the stock plug.

PS The 4" Spring will have at least double the lifespan of the stock spring.

Last edited by 94045; 05-28-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You have a link? I searched and couldn't find it.
Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13OpMPUKFA8

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 05-30-2019, 07:06 AM

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM

That must be the wrong link. That won't work with a 4" Kimber with a FLGR. The only way I know to do it tool-less is to push the guide rod all the way forward and grasp the spring so it cant go back forward and pull the guide rod out.

That's assuming you want to pull the barrel, spring and guide rod.

I've seen Heavy D (A buddy of mine that played Pro Ball) do it but I don't have enough hand strength to use my fingers as a capture tool.

That 4" uses the same 576S Short Guide Rod and 10SC20 I was suggesting. The Plug can be used too but you may have to fit it.

Now beaking down an Ultra tool-less is easier.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94045 View Post
That must be the wrong link. That won't work with a 4" Kimber with a FLGR. The only way I know to do it tool-less is to push the guide rod all the way forward and grasp the spring so it cant go back forward and pull the guide rod out.

That's assuming you want to pull the barrel, spring and guide rod.

I've seen Heavy D (A buddy of mine that played Pro Ball) do it but I don't have enough hand strength to use my fingers as a capture tool.

That 4" uses the same 576S Short Guide Rod and 10SC20 I was suggesting. The Plug can be used too but you may have to fit it.

Now beaking down an Ultra tool-less is easier.
That's why I wanted to see the video. There's no tipping the guide rod out of the sleeve with the Kimber.
L.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:53 PM

Can you elaborate on "no tipping the guide rod out of the sleeve" ?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
Spend 50 bucks and get the Wilson flat wire kit then and forget about the tool. And changing your spring any earlier than 40k rounds. Win-win.
$12.85 was my winning bid on Ebay!!

The kit should be here next week.

Thanks again!

Last edited by kydave; 05-30-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Adding pic...
Old 06-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Can you elaborate on "no tipping the guide rod out of the sleeve" ?

Thanks
It won't clear unless the spring is captured on the 4" guns. Their is no clearance. The spring has to be pulled out of the sleeve (open plug) before you have enough clearance. It can be done tool-less but you have to fully collapse the spring with the guide rod and then grasp the spring holding it collapsed while you remove the guide rod. Most people won't have enough hand strength.

The gun in the video had a short guide rod so no problem.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:43 AM

"Spend 50 bucks and get the Wilson flat wire kit then and forget about the tool. And changing your spring any earlier than 40k rounds. Win-win. "

So, with the kit installed it is still a PITA to disassemble compared to a standard 1911. The tool is still useful to avoid chewing up your fingers trying to get that spring & guide rod in place.

Next compact I get will not be of this design.

But it does shoot great!

Last edited by kydave; 06-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjeep View Post
spend 50 bucks and get the wilson flat wire kit then and forget about the tool. And changing your spring any earlier than 40k rounds. Win-win.
+1
Old 06-10-2019, 02:19 PM

Before I bought the wilson flatwire kit for my 4" Kimber, I cut about 1/4" off of the end of my stock full length guide rod and beveled the tip. This allowed me to pull the slide off the gun and then back the guide rod and spring out. I tried using a short commander length guide rod to accomplish the same, but (1) I didn't like how the spring wanted to kink out during disassembly and was harder to reinstall, and (2) I had problems when I attempted to use the heavier wolff recoil spring. Somehow it would peen my recoil plug, and I would have to hammer it out of the slide. I didn't have that problem with a full guide rod in place, but the short guide rod must have let the longer spring "explore the space" a little too much.

I have no problem with this disassembly method, and I actually prefer it to my standard bushing government model disassembly. See the pictures, the spring and rod stay in place while I pull the slide off, and then it is very easy to pop the slightly less-than-full-length guide rod and spring out of the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190610_150645887.jpg   IMG_20190610_150711669.jpg   IMG_20190610_150724149.jpg  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:58 PM

That seems like a decent idea, since I now have an extra guide rod.

Anyone got any comments pro or con?

Thanks