Had enough of the two-tone - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Congrats! I have never had any bugs, I just shoot them and they work.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles68 View Post
...and I'm willing to work around any of the usual bugs ive heard about.
There's where you and I differ. What about a new car? Do you mind it breaking down on the way home from the dealership?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:33 AM

I was thinking about Kimber two tone models as I was hoping to find a Colt Competition series two tone in 9mm.

Perhaps Kimber will offer a reverse two tone, blued frame and stainless slide.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E. View Post
There's where you and I differ. What about a new car? Do you mind it breaking down on the way home from the dealership?
Seeing i'm pretty much a Dan Wesson, Colt guy when it comes to 1911's, i'm willing to give Kimber some slack. I expect it to run perfectly out of the box but lets just say I have a few extra Wilson Combat mags and a 12, 15lb recoil spring just in case the car breaks down on the way home.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles68 View Post
Seeing i'm pretty much a Dan Wesson, Colt guy when it comes to 1911's, i'm willing to give Kimber some slack. I expect it to run perfectly out of the box but lets just say I have a few extra Wilson Combat mags and a 12, 15lb recoil spring just in case the car breaks down on the way home.
I have higher expectations when I spend a $1000 (unless it's a car). I resent the evolving trend where the manufacturer throws a product out the door without a second look, expecting the consumer to be the quality control department. It's becoming fairly pervasive in the firearms industry, it seems.
L.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:24 PM

I bought a tactical ultra II from a female relative who just couldn't handle the .45 recoil. I love everything about it except the two tone paint job. Just a home for dings and scratches. But anyway, it goes bang whenever I want it to so guess I'll keep it.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:14 AM

Only two tones I can stand are reverse two tone I think, black slide on stainless frame.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:18 AM

It is bewidering to me that so many guys on here talk endlessly about how their guns "look". It's almost like listening to women talk endlessly about their makeup and hair color and shoe choices. Maybe every pistol manufacturer should should pack each gun with 4 or 5 small cans of different colors of spray paint and differently colored "designer" grips so you can match your pistol to your mood or shoe color. They could make spray can carriers to wear on your belt so you can instantly change the "look" of your gun. One color for working in the office and another for a night on the town. It's getting ridiculous. The soyboys are taking over the world. Even the gun world.

Last edited by drail; 02-27-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:34 PM

Here's my favorite gun, a SA Mil-Spec customized by Bob Miller. Black. Everything you need, nothing you don't. With my black Strider SnG. I have one two-tone, a CDP, otherwise I like this black all over look.
Attached Thumbnails
Left4.jpg  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:01 PM

I bought my Compact CDP because it had the features I wanted for a carry piece. The color didn't enter into it. If I was inclined to customize it in any major way, I'd send the slide out and have it IonBonded.
L.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E. View Post
You should go get a life instead of trolling the Kimber subforum.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmon45 View Post
You should go get a life instead of trolling the Kimber subforum.

Please point out where I said anything rude, or did anything other than express my opinion, which is just as valid as the next guy's. You're not required to like it.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM

LOl IF L.E. is a troll he's sure been here a long time and said many good things about Kimber. He took exception to the OP expecting problems with his new Kimber, so I guess I'm a troll too because I did too!
Old 02-28-2019, 05:00 AM

Valkman:

I am the OP and I did not make any comment about Kimber problems. My only issue, as I stated, is that in my opinion Two-tone pistols from a lot of manufacturers have become the norm and I prefer frame and slide to be of the same color.

For the record, I have two series 1 Kimber pistols and they are going no where until I die.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEF View Post
It's just you.

This was under the Christmas tree in 2015. I did not complain about the lack color matching.

I wouldn’t either. Beautiful Kimber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonetocamp View Post
Valkman:

I am the OP and I did not make any comment about Kimber problems. My only issue, as I stated, is that in my opinion Two-tone pistols from a lot of manufacturers have become the norm and I prefer frame and slide to be of the same color.

For the record, I have two series 1 Kimber pistols and they are going no where until I die.
Nope wasn't you it was Charles68 that talked about "I'm willing to work around any of the usual bugs ive heard about." Sorry about that.

It's pretty funny when in the Kimber forum you get called a troll for standing up for Kimber.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
It's pretty funny when in the Kimber forum you get called a troll for standing up for Kimber.
I often think of Groucho Marx's line when I'm here - "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member".

Thanks, Don.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:24 PM

That's a good one L.E.! If they accept me they are way to low-life! LOL
Old 02-28-2019, 05:11 PM

Valkman - read L.E.'s negative post to this thread here when another member wrote he is willing to give Kimber a try in spite what he has read. Just because L.E. buys the knives you sell doesn't mean you have to blindly defend him.

L.E. posted his negative opinion about the firing pin safety on another thread. He cited seeing testing videos to prove his point, problem is the person who conducted the test stated that there is a benefit to the system. L.E. doesn't even own a gun with a firing pin safety, so his opinion is based on....

I could care less about other people's opinions, but people who likes 1911's come to 1911 forums to share experiences whether good or bad, just like glock enthusiasts have their own forums. Like most people here, I own more than one brand of 1911's and have my preference. It becomes annoying to read the same people that keeps on offering their negative opinions based on ....
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 PM

On second thought, maybe you should keep on defending him. That makes good business sense.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:13 PM

I don't sell knives, and your the only one being nasty.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmon45 View Post
Valkman - read L.E.'s negative post to this thread here when another member wrote he is willing to give Kimber a try in spite what he has read. Just because L.E. buys the knives you sell doesn't mean you have to blindly defend him.

L.E. posted his negative opinion about the firing pin safety on another thread. He cited seeing testing videos to prove his point, problem is the person who conducted the test stated that there is a benefit to the system. L.E. doesn't even own a gun with a firing pin safety, so his opinion is based on....

I could care less about other people's opinions, but people who likes 1911's come to 1911 forums to share experiences whether good or bad, just like glock enthusiasts have their own forums. Like most people here, I own more than one brand of 1911's and have my preference. It becomes annoying to read the same people that keeps on offering their negative opinions based on ....
You make a lot of assumptions. An opinion that isn't the same as yours isn't negative, it's different. What a dolt. That last sentence is a negative opinion, just so we're clear. I might even get called on the carpet for it. Seems like a small price to pay.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
He wasn't standing up for Kimber, it was the polar opposite. Your friend is trolling for attention. For someone who doesn't like Kimber, he sure spends a lot of time here.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:34 AM

You've got your facts wrong again. Like I sell knives. He owns Kimbers just like I do. We don't have to like every feature that comes along, and that includes the firing pin safety. I have one with and one without and it doesn't interfere but I'd prefer my Kimbers without it.

If he didn't like Kimber he wouldn't own them LOL.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:57 AM

Look at what he posted, his analogy of kimbers as new cars breaking down on the way home from the dealership, does that sound like standing up for kimber?

Anyways, you guys enjoy the rest of the night. It's getting close to midnight and I do not want to keep anybody up with bad feelings against anybody else. I apologize if I got the facts wrong or if I misread the posts.