1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-12-2020, 03:56 PM

Greetings from NW Ga

Hello All,
This is to introduce myself to the forum.
Iím an old fart, been shooting since I was a wee lad. Started with my Marlin Model 49 22 Auto which belonged to my uncle James at the time. I saved money mowing lawns and paid it out of pawn when he couldnít. I still have it 50 years later. Still shooting with it.

I did 4 years in the Navy Ď78-82. Expert with M-16, marksman with 45. Qualified on M60/ 30 cal, riot shotgun, 81 mm mortar, LAW, grenades, and could call in air or artillery back when you had to read a map to do so.

I got to spend some quality time in the field at the marine mountain warfare training center in Bridgeport, Ca. And Fort Irwin. I never saw actual combat, and have unlimited respect and appreciation for any who did.

Iíve given up hunting but love to shoot. Iíve lately been working on concealed draw and rapid fire since receiving a shot timer for Christmas.

Always been decent with the long guns, not so much with the handguns.

I hope to offer and receive any useful info with fellow members. I do love my 1911! My old Remington 45 was stolen a few years back. Broke into my truck at a park in Lawrenceville, GA. Carried it since I bought it from a buddy in the Navy. He was CMAA for Operation Deep Freeze and carried it as his personal sidearm at the bottom of the world. Hated to loose it badly.

Currently inventory includes a Kimber Tactical Pro II SE in 45 Auto, my favorite. And a Kimber Micro 9 with Crimson Trace, my EDC. Also a S&W SD 40, a Taurus 24/7 G2 in 9mm, S&W Feather weight in 38 Spcl. Iíve got a couple of Browning Auto 5 shotguns. A 16 gauge Belgium model from 1929 and a 12 gauge from the late 50ís. The mandatory AR 15 and a 30-06. And a few more this and thatís.

And the past year I started reloading. Mainly 45 and 9mm. But set up for 40 cal and 5.56 as well.

So greetings to you all, thanks in advance for all of the knowledge available here. I hope I can contribute a bit as well.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 PM

Hi from North Dakota
Old 01-13-2020, 11:06 AM

Welcome to our 1911 forum from Italy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 01:25 PM

Hey from the beautiful Lower Alabama. I moved here in ‘18 from Kennesaw, GA!
Old 01-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Kennesaw

Right up the road in Rome sir. I know the area well. Thanks for the welcome
Old 01-22-2020, 04:43 PM

Welcome to the forum from Virginia.
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Welcome aboard