Forgive me father, for I have sinned - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 PM

Funny how, even if you try, you get the stink eye and a grunt. Like I owe them something far in excess of holding the door.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:47 PM

That's the nice thing about living in this one stoplight town in SW Texas. Full of all those bumpkins and all. People nod, say hi, and hold the door for each other. If a few people are getting to the door at about the same time the closest person will grab the door and hold it for everyone else. Thank you and you're welcome gets said because it's just natural to say that. Doesn't matter if you know them or not. I don't know most of the folks here.

Some of those folks have money and some don't have much at all, but you can't really tell just to look at them. Just regular people regardless going about their day. We don't have residential mail delivery. Everyone has a PO Box at the post office. So it sees a good bit of interaction between people. Usually a lot of people showing up around noon and then around 4 or so. Lots of door holding, hellos, and basic courtesies going on.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 02-25-2020, 06:42 AM

The way it used to be in many places.
Problem now is that the left is so insistent on pushing their hateful agenda and screaming inequality and racism that those traits are manifesting amongst the original victims. Things were getting better all around, and now the word racist is used in casual conversation, women are burning their bras again, #metoo, pink ***** hats, Antifa, BLM movement.........címon man, whoís really stirring the fire??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2020, 12:47 PM

I really think you might be on to something there. It seems a lot of this disrespectful behavior we're seeing now is because of the Left not getting their way during the last election. I think a lot of the races were more civil towards one another during the Seventies.

And I think it's also true that people in general are much more polite to each other in the Southern states (AtlasShrugged probably will claim it's just because they just don't want to get lynched ). Had the pleasure of serving with a few colored brothers from Mississippi (+ super respectful Hispanics) while in the Military (where (referring to Mississippi here) things are still not the best for Black individuals in general), and they were usually the most pleasant people to work with.

Maybe the resentful attitudes we are seeing are an East coast thing? Anyway, I'm not going to get all worked up just because I didn't get any recognition for taking the time to hold the door open for you.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
I really think you might be on to something there. It seems a lot of this disrespectful behavior we're seeing now is because of the Left not getting their way during the last election. I think a lot of the races were more civil towards one another during the Seventies.

And I think it's also true that people in general are much more polite to each other in the Southern states (AtlasShrugged probably will claim it's just because they just don't want to get lynched [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] ). Had the pleasure of serving with a few colored brothers from Mississippi (+ super respectful Hispanics) while in the Military (where (referring to Mississippi here) things are still not the best for Black individuals in general), and they were usually the most pleasant people to work with.

Maybe the resentful attitudes we are seeing are an East coast thing? Anyway, I'm not going to get all worked up just because I didn't get any recognition for taking the time to hold the door open for you.

I'm mot sure about lynching, or claiming anything, but a lot of my family are from Southern states, so I understand that manners, hospitality, and ettiquette are deeply-rooted parts of southern culture - but that definitely doesn't mean all southerners are well mannered and polite - or care about those things at all. I also know "southern culture" and "the south" is like most everything else, immensely rich and diverse... all kinds of people and backgrounds.

I've learned that a lot of times, not everytime, a lot of times, when something leads off with a generalization about a very large group of anything, it tends to be flawed for the duration.

Throughout my life, my experience has been that all kinds of different people are selfless and helpful. And all kinds of different people aren't. All around the world.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasFired View Post
I'm mot sure about lynching, or claiming anything, but a lot of my family are from Southern states, so I understand that manners, hospitality, and ettiquette are deeply-rooted parts of southern culture - but that definitely doesn't mean all southerners are well mannered and polite - or care about those things at all. I also know "southern culture" and "the south" is like most everything else, immensely rich and diverse... all kinds of people and backgrounds.
First off, sorry. It's "AtlasFired" not "Shrugged."

And I pretty much agree with everything you said in your first paragraph.

Quote:
I've learned that a lot of times, not everytime, a lot of times, when something leads off with a generalization about a very large group of anything, it tends to be flawed for the duration.
Could be. You hold the door open for five people of a certain skin color (plus two baby scooters), go to another establishment and hold the door for another three, and don't get any acknowledgement for your effort from any of them it tends to color your outlook of the manners of certain different races though.

And before I forget, there was two rather large Hispanic sisters who ran through the door too as it was being held open, but they were too busy yakking on their cellphones, so I let them slide there for not extending any courtesy. A nod would have sufficed though.

Quote:
Throughout my life, my experience has been that all kinds of different people are selfless and helpful. And all kinds of different people aren't. All around the world.
Many East coast minorities seem to suffer from an entitlement complex now. Maybe they're all mad because Jussie got railroaded.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:51 AM

I really want to pile on, but there is no point. I get pissed with the entire racist thing. That damn chip has got to go. If you are afforded a courtesy, return it. If you are not, thatís the other guys problem.
As far as Jussie goes, another perfect example of made up hype. It wouldnít have surprised me if Kaepernick was an accomplice. I hope that people are starting to see that itís not the middle aged white guy that is causing most of this crap. Jussie will have his time in jail.......maybe Hillary will find him.......
Old 02-26-2020, 12:37 PM

As long as the justice system is full of liberal judges, Hillary (and Jussie) will never see the interior of a prison cell, I'm afraid.

It's like that progressive female Judge Amy Berman Jackson featured on Tucker Carlson's show last night. She basically flaunts how she ignores rulings she personally disagrees with, and tells her critics to just deal with it.

Who will (or, more correctly, what type) of judge do you think will be presiding over the courtroom if Hillary ever has to answer for her numerous crimes one of these days?

And has Jussie ever stood in front of a white, follows the law as written judge yet?

Old 02-26-2020, 05:19 PM

Well, back on to the OP. I have been carrying the Glock 43 for about two weeks now. It really carries great, comes to hand nicely, and while I haven't gotten hard at work shooting groups I can grab and dump them all quickly at 7 yards and keep them where it counts. It ain't a bragging group so far, but the little gun will put them in the vitals firing as soon as you grab the flash front sight picture. It's doing about the same as a fast run with the SIG P938.

With the same make/model of holster it carries just a tiny scoosh less noticeable than the P938. A tiny amount. Sometimes I forget I have it on and have to remind myself. So the P938 will get a rest for awhile and be treated like a keep it nice, but shoot it now and then gun. Since there was already some slide finish wear on the G43 from whoever had and apparently carried it a lot before (It was a blue label gun) I look forward to adding even more as it gets presentation practice, carried a lot, and used for a good while.

So far it runs fine with 115 grain - 147 grain ammo. It eats my preferred 124 and 147 grain HST loads no problem. The G43 doesn't seem to mind the 115 grain. I have a bunch of it around just sort of acquired over the years, but I don't go in much for 115 grain. I'll use that in the G43 and Beretta M9 just for fun and save my 124 grain NATO FMJ for more serious practice.

If the fact I carry and like a neat little gun (Texas Tan slide) that I enjoy handling and shooting offends the elite. That's just an extra

On that other subject, going to the Post Office here is a nice reminder of how nice it is to live here. It's practically a social event where the people you don't know are nice to be around.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:46 AM

Hereís an idea.......
I wonder what would happen if we drug Jussie and Hildabeast into your quaint little courthouse?
Old 02-27-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Here’s an idea.......
I wonder what would happen if we drug Jussie and Hildabeast into your quaint little courthouse?
Well, we're 88 miles east of Langtry, Judge Roy Bean's place. He'd have given them a first class trial followed by a first class hanging.

Here, they'd be given a fair trial, but given all that we know already with additional evidence I'm sure that could be presented (and it would have to be properly presented), it would be a guilty verdict as long as the DA brought a solid case. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't be a slap on the wrist sentence either.

While a lot of people wouldn't expect it here in good ole rural Texas, on juries we generally take the beyond reasonable doubt thing seriously. If the DA doesn't make a solid case and the defense is able to provide reasonable doubt, then regardless if we think the defendant is most likely guilty, we will still acquit. If the DA makes a solid case beyond reasonable doubt then it's guilty as charged.

Personally, if on a jury I would still require a solid case against those two, but if presented and found guilty I'd definitely be on the stick em in a hole and build the jail on top of them frame of mind.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Hereís an idea.......

Probably judge Amy Berman Jackson's head would explode trying to decide which one to give a complete pardon to first.

As for the honorable judge Roy Bean, he'd probably have to learn to sleep with one eye open. After all, enemies of the Clintons usually don't fare too well.