1911Forum banner

Retirement!!!

90K views 337 replies 214 participants last post by  NickMarciano 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I retired yesterday!!! Now I can make up with my wife for 24 years of TX DPS and 4 years of USMC!!! Lots of hunting, shooting, fishing, and traveling in store for us!!! Glad I can retire at 50 while still young enough to enjoy it! It's been a great ride, but enough is enough - ready to spend time with the wife and family and do all the things I haven't had time for these past years.

*Moderator addendum: In recognition of Texas Troopers' retirement, this thread is to be the official retirement announcement thread for the LEO Duty Sub-Forum.

All future retirement announcements must be posted in this area and only this area please.

Thank you to all LEO's both active and retired for your service.

Fin

#4 ·
Congrats!!!!! I am another who hopes to join you in a few more years!!

#7 ·
Thanks for your service. It really is appreciated. Enjoy your well-earned retirement.

JP

#8 ·
Stickied - Please post all future retirement announcements here.

Congratulations Trooper on your retirement. And, because I do believe that this is an important time in anyone's life, and because this is the LEO forum, I will be making this thread a Sticky.

So, from this date forward, all LEO's who retire should feel free to post their retirement announcement in this thread and only in this thread please.

All future "retirement" announcements belong here now.

Thank you Texas Trooper for your years of service, sacrifice and dedication and for putting your life on the line to preserve the lives of others. I am looking forward to posting my own announcement here in about four years from now.

Fin

#12 ·
Congratulations! Enjoy it all. I did four years then switched to a agency with state retirement and lost those 4 years. I have 21 more years. So I will be 51 when I retire. You guys make me feel young being 30. Until I get to work and see all the punk rookies who are early 20's. I still can't believe I have been doing this job 8 years, time really does fly.

#13 ·
Congrats on making it all the way. I know the feeling of liberation after many years of being a law enforcement officer. I can assure you that retirement time can really go by fast however, so don't delay doing all those things you have been waiting to do.

#14 ·
Congratulations, I decided to continue to attend school so I can go into law enforcement instead of going back to active duty (tough choice) At my current age I'll be in my sixties when I'm dogged up and ready to retire. Congratulations, my dad says being able to retire at fifty-one was one of the best damn things to ever happen to him. Still young enough to enjoy life.

#25 ·
Congratulations to everyone who has been able to retire safely! Your service is greatly appreciated. I am just starting my career in Law Enforcement and look forward to many years of service.

#26 ·
Well, I've gone 3 weeks now without going to the office or hanging around with other cops. I don't really miss it like so many said I would. I have worked out every weekday, (something I never had time for when I was working) I have had 3 weekends in a row with my family, (something I've not had in 24 years) did not have to work wrecks in the recent snow and ice storms, and I have gotten lots of home repairs done! I think this retirement thing is pretty great! If I was any better off I'd have to be twins! Still, I think about all you officers out there, and wish all of you the best. Stay safe and keep the faith brothers and sisters!