Staccato P - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 06:29 PM

So if SLS is old technology, do we know what’s next to maintain Level 2 or 3 retention?

Inquiring mind wants to know

I hope it works in my Operator duty holsters.

I tried to get a quote on a Staccato P for LE and was denied until 2020 “stuff” and pricing is finalized. I am told Novemberish.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
So if SLS is old technology, do we know what’s next to maintain Level 2 or 3 retention?

Inquiring mind wants to know

I hope it works in my Operator duty holsters.

I tried to get a quote on a Staccato P for LE and was denied until 2020 “stuff” and pricing is finalized. I am told Novemberish.
No idea, but I do know we've been talking to this company about this holster in case Safariland does drop the SLS system.

https://spetzgear.com/index.php?rout...product_id=111

Last edited by mark2734; 10-30-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:18 PM

Interesting holster. Keep us updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 10:44 PM

Safariland must have some internal stuff going on, I’ve been noticing that dealers are always out of stock or have few on hand of their 6360 RDS holsters. One site shows a 4-6 month lead time for different models of the 6360 RDS holster.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:05 PM

I used to have a good resource at Safariland. He left and his replacement was a joke. I knew more about their products. That person left and there is a new rep now.

I just placed a dept order for 33 Glocks and Safariland products (over 60 holsters). The wait for the holsters will be much greater than the pistols.

I returned 7 out of spec holsters at the beginning of the year and still waiting for replacements.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
I used to have a good resource at Safariland. He left and his replacement was a joke. I knew more about their products. That person left and there is a new rep now.

I just placed a dept order for 33 Glocks and Safariland products (over 60 holsters). The wait for the holsters will be much greater than the pistols.

I returned 7 out of spec holsters at the beginning of the year and still waiting for replacements.
MY agency had to return every Safariland duty holster we ordered, as they all were defective. Safariland took over a month and half to gey us replacement holster
Old 10-31-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinx View Post
MY agency had to return every Safariland duty holster we ordered, as they all were defective. Safariland took over a month and half to gey us replacement holster
Funny you mention this. Right now we're going through an Inspection and Adjustment for all light bearing holsters.

Apparently on some production runs the mouth of the holster is belled out and debris, or worse a suspect's finger, could get into the trigger guard and fire a round while the weapon is in the holster.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2734 View Post
Funny you mention this. Right now we're going through an Inspection and Adjustment for all light bearing holsters.

Apparently on some production runs the mouth of the holster is belled out and debris, or worse a suspect's finger, could get into the trigger guard and fire a round while the weapon is in the holster.
This was common on the older 6360 series, the newest 7ts series just about eliminates the finger getting to the holstered guns trigger. Our issue was our guns with a weapon light attached wouldnt fit into the holster without the help of two men and a boy.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinx View Post
This was common on the older 6360 series, the newest 7ts series just about eliminates the finger getting to the holstered guns trigger. Our issue was our guns with a weapon light attached wouldnt fit into the holster without the help of two men and a boy.
So instead of over flaring the mouth of the holster they went to undersized? OK makes me question their QC, or lack there of
Old 10-31-2019, 10:09 PM

Well I am going to eat "SafariLaminate" on this one.

Out of the over 60 holsters that were ordered.... the majority shipped yesterday. Hopefully they are not outdated stock that wont work with Gen 5.

We will see.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Well I am going to eat "SafariLaminate" on this one.

Out of the over 60 holsters that were ordered.... the majority shipped yesterday. Hopefully they are not outdated stock that wont work with Gen 5.

We will see.
Hopefully they will work for you guys.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:45 PM

Hey everyone, reached out to safariland yesterday after being told by them to message them back in a few weeks. I asked yesterday if they had an update on if an als light bearing staccato p holster would be out soon and the reply was it should be released any time now and to again message back in a week or two. This wait is killing me 😪
Old 11-12-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticLEO View Post
Hey everyone, reached out to safariland yesterday after being told by them to message them back in a few weeks. I asked yesterday if they had an update on if an als light bearing staccato p holster would be out soon and the reply was it should be released any time now and to again message back in a week or two. This wait is killing me 😪
Nice.

I can't even find the ALS/SLS M&P CORE holster that will work with Staccato P in stock anywhere.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Quote:
Nice.

I can't even find the ALS/SLS M&P CORE holster that will work with Staccato P in stock anywhere.
Ya I checked a few local stores in my area that supply safariland and I couldn't find any of the m&p cores either. Hopefully they release these new ones soon and hopefully they actually have a good supply to ship out to stores before making people wait months to come in after a year of waiting.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowser View Post
Did you order through their MIL/LE program? I forgot to ask about the wait time. I ordered a standard P on 6/21.
I did back on Oct. 3. No ETA, but they have not billed me yet, either. Am guessing 3-4 months.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 11-28-2019, 06:52 AM

I ordered my Staccato P Duo 45 ACP in the middle of August and was just informed I should have it by the end of next week. Ordered through the LE program. So a little more than 3 months for delivery. Ordered a C at the same time and received that a week ago.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Another update from safariland, reached out to them yesterday and now they said they do not know if it will release soon as it could now wait till shot show...
Old 12-05-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Another update from safariland, reached out to them yesterday and now they said they do not know if it will release soon as it could now wait till shot show...
Then at SHOT they’ll say summer release.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2019, 10:34 PM

Am hoping I get my pistol after the New Year so it will be a 2020 model. I like the fact that the new model P Duo (PD) has a 4.45" barrel.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me

Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 12-05-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah getting real annoyed at this game they are playing. On multiple occasions now I have been told by customer service released dates expected in a few weeks. I cant imagine what would be holding the release up especially when the holsters are in such high demand right now.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:41 AM

I just retired from LAPD, was and still am carrying my 5" "P. I am using a 6280 for a springfield operator with a TLR1 light. I ordered the 6360 (6360-560-61) for the full length operator, (the OG TRP with long dustcover rail... ) safariland said 6 weeks. I had to order it via phone to make sure i got the right one.

One of the gents in my new agency here in Texas is rocking it. seems to fit ok. he is using the 4+ inch "P" i am the only one bringing a 5" gun here. He is on a task force, i havent linked up with him yet to see if my sheesh fits in the holster.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:18 AM

Safariland is now saying maybe February they’ll release the holster. I can’t wait for SHOT to stop by their booth and see what BS they’ll say then.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:55 AM

They have some major internal stuff going on now.......I wouldn’t be sitting around waiting if you have any other possible options.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
They have some major internal stuff going on now.......I wouldn’t be sitting around waiting if you have any other possible options.
Oh for sure. I’ve got an M&P CORE ALS holster for my P but it’s only a level one retention holster, I want the level three holster.