Old 02-22-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEd View Post
Apparently he did.
This sure makes a lot of sense.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafiddle View Post
Very disappointing, as Eastwood used to be a strong supporter.

Um, when was that exactly?

I remember when he was mayor of Carmel-By-The-Sea (CA) in the mid Eighties he was already talking smack about gun ownership with his famous quote:*ďI have a very strict*gun*control policy:*if there's a gun*around, I want to be in control of it."

Trust me, he's a typical elitist.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
Um, when was that exactly?

I remember when he was mayor of Carmel-By-The-Sea (CA) in the mid Eighties he was already talking smack about gun ownership with his famous quote:*ďI have a very strict*gun*control policy:*if there's a gun*around, I want to be in control of it."

Trust me, he's a typical elitist.
You're quite wrong on this. Eastwood has been a long time Republican. Recall his 2012 RNC parody of Obama with the empty chair?? He also supported Trump over Hillary in 2016 and called a Hillary presidency merely a 3rd term for Obama. And you took his "if there's a gun around" quote entirely out of context.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:50 PM

I was always a fan of his but even he admits he's not the brightest guy. "I don't have a lot of brains, but I have a good gut."
Old 02-22-2020, 01:19 PM

Hopefully he is just trying to help mini Mike win the primary because he knows that the Bernie supporters will feel cheated again and will stay home or vote for Trump. Many of Bernie's folks voted for Trump last time and I really hope most of them won't vote for Bloomberg.

Option 2. He has not really thought it out and as DSK said guns are probably not even an important issue to him.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Unfortunately there are a lot of conservatives out there who don't seem too concerned about their gun rights. Plenty who go to church and oppose big government, excessive taxation, abortion and immigration reform, yet nonetheless agree that "nobody needs an assault rifle".
Guns are the least of Bloomberg's leftist totalitarian views. Eastwood has claimed to be a libertarian. Eastwood is showing signs of dementia if he considers Bloomberg anywhere close to the libertarian mindset.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
Guns are the least of Bloomberg's leftist totalitarian views. Eastwood has claimed to be a libertarian. Eastwood is showing signs of dementia if he considers Bloomberg anywhere close to the libertarian mindset.
I have to disagree with you on that Bloomberg is the most anti gun politician I have ever seen. He has spent millions upon millions of dollars across the country to elect anti gun candidates and to get anti gun laws passed in many states.

He founded the Mayors Against Guns Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense which now together Everytown for Gun Safety.

That little man is more anti gun that Hillary.

After the Dec. 29 Church shooting in Texas Bloomberg said "It may be true that someone in the congregation had his own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people, but itís the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place."

The man who is surrounded by armed men with guns to protect him would rather have seen more people in that Church killed than for an armed citizen be able to defend himself and those around him.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:24 PM
Banned

Not everyone is a one issue voter.
Some of us believe we are protected by the 2nd amendment and don’t fall into the fear mongering.

Some of us are still irate over Ronald Reagan’s complete treachery on conceal carry and automatic weapons.

Some of us paid attention when this Republican impersonator that some call President of the free world, stuck it right up my bump stock?

So I’m supposed to back the Republican Party? Not.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I have to disagree with you on that Bloomberg is the most anti gun politician I have ever seen. He has spent millions upon millions of dollars across the country to elect anti gun candidates and to get anti gun laws passed in many states.

He founded the Mayors Against Guns Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense which now together Everytown for Gun Safety.

After the Dec. 29 Church shooting in Texas Bloomberg said "It may be true that someone in the congregation had his own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people, but itís the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place."

The man who is surrounded by armed men with guns to protect him would rather have seen more people in that Church killed than for an armed citizen be able to defend himself and those around him.
ďNo reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will."
The ďMulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."
Ronald Reagan 1967

Look up The Mulford act. Thatís why California is screwed up today.

Reagan also supported the Brady Bill and along with Ford and Carter supported an assault weapons ban in the 90ís

So who do you vote for?
Old 02-22-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayshot View Post
Some of us believe we are protected by the 2nd amendment and donít fall into the fear mongering.

Some of us are still irate over Ronald Reaganís complete treachery on conceal carry and automatic weapons.

Some of us paid attention when this Republican impersonator that some call President of the free world, stuck it right up my bump stock?

So Iím supposed to back the Republican Party? Not.
Cleanup on aisle 3.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
You're quite wrong on this. Eastwood has been a long time Republican. Recall his 2012 RNC parody of Obama with the empty chair?? He also supported Trump over Hillary in 2016 and called a Hillary presidency merely a 3rd term for Obama. And you took his "if there's a gun around" quote entirely out of context.
Just because he generally supports Republican candidates doesn't necessarily mean he's pro gun.

Like that a$$hat Andy Griffin with his support for Obama, a person like that could do a lot of damage if their message gets out to a non-thinking Republican.

"Well, if Andy (or Clint ) says so and so is kosher, maybe I'll just vote for them too."

You could be right about Clint being facetious with his "Mike is A-Okay" statement, but it could come back to hurt us when a lazy (one who doesn't explore the issues they are voting on carefully) Republican uses that as a reason to vote for somebody.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:

I never said he wasn't rabidly anti-gun, what I was referring to was his statist agenda he plans to implement when the guns are gone.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Some of us believe we are protected by the 2nd amendment and donít fall into the fear mongering.

Some of us are still irate over Ronald Reaganís complete treachery on conceal carry and automatic weapons.

So Iím supposed to back the Republican Party? Not.
Yes, yes yes -- Ronnie shafted us in a number of ways, including that insane amnesty business.

But really? You'd not vote R, and instead vote for someone would assure a D victory?

In my book that makes you a traitor, sir.

As for the bump stock, if tha'ts your butthurt with the current President, then let me get you some cheese to go along with that whine.

If we don' do something to secure the Bill of Rights we will be forever at the whims and mercies of people like Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump and all the litany of people go come and go out of that office.

Isn't there this thing called the "Supremacy Clause?" How is it that states can **** all over the Constitution?

That, right there, is what needs to change. Constitution trumps all. STFU and sit down, Bloomberg. That scrap of paper outweighs your billions.

But we've not grown the spine to enforce that.

I'll say it again and I don't care if you get me banned or whatever: If you vote D or 3rd-party instead of 100% R, you're a traitor.

That's how messed up we've become. There is *no* middle ground anymore. There's no center.

So.. who you gonna support when the day comes?
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Yes, yes yes -- Ronnie shafted us in a number of ways, including that insane amnesty business.

But really? You'd not vote R, and instead vote for someone would assure a D victory?

In my book that makes you a traitor, sir.

As for the bump stock, if tha'ts your butthurt with the current President, then let me get you some cheese to go along with that whine.

If we don' do something to secure the Bill of Rights we will be forever at the whims and mercies of people like Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump and all the litany of people go come and go out of that office.

Isn't there this thing called the "Supremacy Clause?" How is it that states can **** all over the Constitution?

That, right there, is what needs to change. Constitution trumps all. STFU and sit down, Bloomberg. That scrap of paper outweighs your billions.

But we've not grown the spine to enforce that.

I'll say it again and I don't care if you get me banned or whatever: If you vote D or 3rd-party instead of 100% R, you're a traitor.

That's how messed up we've become. There is *no* middle ground anymore. There's no center.

So.. who you gonna support when the day comes?
Thank goodness nowhere in the constitution makes your opinion the law of the land.

I say youíre a hypocrite. A hypocrite and a traitor.

You seem to ignore facts. Dismiss them out of hand.

Reagan screws you and itís ok.
Trump screws you and itís ok.
The NRA screws you and itís ok.

Nobody had ever taken a gun from me. Nobody ever will.

How many times have you been lied to by the Republican Party?

Republicans have held both the house and senate in the past and what did they do to fortify the 2nd amendment?
Why is it still being discussed?

Why is abortion still legal?

Hereís my honest opinion. The only agenda either side has is to keep power and collect money.
One side likes Apple, the other dude likes oranges.
Kind of funny either side agrees on anything and their sheep, for the most part, believe the exact same thing. Thatís amazing.

Any anti-gun bill that is passed is unconstitutional to me. I donít have to spend my whole life fighting for something I already have.

And.....with nobody running against Trump, there wonít even be a Republican on the ballet. Youíll have Trump vs Whoever.

Last edited by Strayshot; 02-22-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Cleanup on aisle 3.
Yea, itís hard to argue a point when you get smacked in the face with reality.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
ďNo reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will."
The ďMulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."
Ronald Reagan 1967

Look up The Mulford act. Thatís why California is screwed up today.

Reagan also supported the Brady Bill and along with Ford and Carter supported an assault weapons ban in the 90ís

So who do you vote for?
I tell you what if I see Ronald Reagan's name on the ballot come November I won't vote for him you have absolutely changed my mind.
I don't vote for any demorat that is for sure.

Who do you vote for?
Old 02-22-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
I never said he wasn't rabidly anti-gun, what I was referring to was his statist agenda he plans to implement when the guns are gone.
I see what you are saying now.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Yea, itís hard to argue a point when you get smacked in the face with reality.
Does Bloomberg pay you by the post or do you have to have a certain number before you get a check?
Old 02-22-2020, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
I tell you what if I see Ronald Reagan's name on the ballot come November I won't vote for him you have absolutely changed my mind.
I don't vote for any demorat that is for sure.

Who do you vote for?
Iíll be honest. There isnít a candidate I like. My state will elect Trump. Iíd prefer a real Republican.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Not everyone is a one issue voter...
Voting for Bloomturd is not about a single voter issue like pro-2nd or anti-2nd. There is a laundry list of insane maniacal political ideology that Bloomturd endorses. He is a control freak, a totalitarianist, and word is, he is very close to the Chinese Communists because of his investments and the global entanglement he and the Chinese share.

Look at the drivel he spews about farmers and machinists, factory workers and blue collar workers. He is a disgusting elitist who believes we the people are stupid and need to be guided by a wise god-like figure like himself.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does Bloomberg pay you by the post or do you have to have a certain number before you get a check?
Iíve never posted anything pro Bloomberg. Have I?
Old 02-22-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Thank goodness nowhere in the constitution makes your opinion the law of the land.

I say youíre a hypocrite. A hypocrite and a traitor.

You seem to ignore facts. Dismiss them out of hand.

Reagan screws you and itís ok.
Trump screws you and itís ok.
The NRA screws you and itís ok.
Reagan screwed me when I was 10, he got elected 1980.
Trump screwed me? Oh the bump stock thing. Ultimately he acted on bad advise. And if it was his idea, then he gets another raspberry. But I *am* voting for him again.

I'm not a hypocrite. I have a lonnnnnng memory. Clinton was the one that set me off, and then Obama. After *him* there *is* no more civility, it's stick it to the other guy *right now*. That's where we are.

Oh and I served 10 years USAF, out of choice, not necessity. I still miss the stench of mostly-burnt kero. Traitors don't join the military for the defense of the country. Traitors work against the country, by spreading rumor, fear and division.

Quote:
Nobody had ever taken a gun from me. Nobody ever will.
On that we are in accord. From my cold, dead fingers.

Quote:
How many times have you been lied to by the Republican Party?
Less than the Dems, I'll tell ya what. Clinton *massacred* the USAF, sent it into dissarray. They're the experts in goal-post-moving. Changing what words mean. Telling you waht you can and can't say.

Quote:
Republicans have held both the house and senate in the past and what did they do to fortify the 2nd amendment?
Why is it still being discussed?
1. He's appointed a fair lot of judges to key courts, and will continue doing so. This will be important later. These people will hear the 2A cases in the next decades.

2. Took us out of the UN "gun treaty" thing.

3. There *is* this thing called the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, which makes it the law of the land above all others. I've asked the President, via letter, as well as others in Senate, and of course only got *crickets*. That's what needs to happen, is enforce it.

Quote:
Why is abortion still legal?
Because it hasn't been made illegal yet. You want that fight? You go right ahead, I'd rather fight for 2A. BTW, I was the result of an "oopsie" between two kids in 1969. At times I have wished that was an option open to them, then. YDWK what I know, ok, pallie?

Quote:
Hereís my honest opinion. The only agenda either side has is to keep power and collect money.
Seems like that on the surface, and as far as power and money goes, all true. The beurocracy exists to perpetuate and grow itself.

Now. There's something your'e *not* thinking about. What people today call "Conservatives" are people of touch and feel, of common sense. We're the sons and daughters, the grandsons and daughters, the great-grandsons and great-granddaughters of all those who bled for this country, who left their soul in the sky when their plane met an 88mm shell, all those who try to do right every day, to make it on your own.

Then you have this other side that has completely swallowed the Dems: The Marxist, the Communist, the ones who don't want to work, the ones who think they are owed something. That's Bernie, Warren, Buttigieg, etc etc. AOC. Oh good that screech. That side.

I stand by what I say: If you vote for that side, now, you're a traitor. They're not American anymore, they are Marxist, as Marxist as Stalin himself, regardless of place of birth.

They don't have the American Spirit.

And anyone voting for them, is a traitor.

The center fell out sometime 2012.

You want a little secret? While I always leaned Republican, supported Regan (dunno how, this happened while I was 10 - 18), joined the Air Force and all that, I always had huge admiration for people like FDR, JFK. And then I started reading. FDR's court ****ery. JFK's lies in Vietnam, and the absolute ****show that was LBJ. ALl before my time, but it brought us here.

I suggest you find out what your dear Dems have done for us in the past century. You may need a sick sack.
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 02-22-2020, 08:01 PM

At the end of day, in spite of his great performances, why should we care what the old man has to say? Senile or not, he's an entertainer, not a diplomat or politician.

Hollywood has always been a little off. Don't act surprised when it's long time residents say things that don't make much sense.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Now. There's something your'e *not* thinking about. What people today call "Conservatives" are people of touch and feel, of common sense.....
There are no conservatives any more. There are plenty of Republicans. But there are no more conservatives. If there were, we wouldn't be $23Trillion in debt.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Administrator

That's enough, folks. I don't care whether you like Trump or not. A vote for anyone else come November is a vote for the anti-gunners. There can be no denying that. Every single Democratic candidate has been outspoken in their desire to enact strict gun bans and allow people to sue gun manufacturers out of business simply for being gun manufacturers. No third-party candidate stands a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected, so picking them just out of protest means the same as if you didn't even bother to vote.

The leftists are on the warpath, people, and they are energized. They WILL get out and vote for Sanders, Bloomberg or whoever else wins the Democratic nomination. You had better do the same, unless you are content to own nothing but low-capacity, manually-operated rifles and have to fill out paperwork every time you buy ammo.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Closed Thread