30mm Scope Mount - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 10:18 AM

30mm Scope Mount

Interested in a scope mount for action shooting (2/3G). I currently use a QD LR104. It has held zero through lots of abuse. I now realize I donít want, or need the QD on this rifle. The levers kinda just get in the way. I want something more streamline. I do not want to sacrifice durability. I am looking at JPís JPFTSM-30/1.

Besides JP what would you consider?

Scope is Vortex Viper 1-6 genII
Old 02-14-2020, 11:17 AM
More Cowbell...

Order another LaRue with VFZ (non-QD) attachment. Its $50 cheaper.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:00 PM

I would like to stay with dillo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Freeman View Post
Order another LaRue with VFZ (non-QD) attachment. Its $50 cheaper.

Vectored Force Zero is their QD (I thought). I do not see non-QD. I have their catalog and don't see what you describe in it or on the web page. Can you help me see what your talking about? thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2020, 08:00 AM

I am a LaRue fan and have, and have used, many of their mounts. Having said that, my game gun for the last several years has the Leupold two piece 30mm AR mount and it is rock solid, more streamlined than the LaRue and much less expensive. Give them a look, and remember the two piece mount has two pieces to purchase, the base and the ring assembly. The advantage to that is you can precisely place the base and adjust the eye relief to your scope/liking. With LaRue you have to choose the Caneliver or std version. Leupold also makes a one piece that is even less $, but you must know if the eye relief is what you want or need on that one (like with the LaRue). My sons Game gun has the one piece and it has worked fine for him. One piece in the left photo.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0203 (1).jpg   IMG_6071.jpg  

Last edited by M-Peltier; 02-15-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Peltier View Post
... my game gun for the last several years has the Leupold two piece 30mm AR mount and it is rock solid, more streamlined than the LaRue and much less expensive. Give them a look, and remember the two piece mount has two pieces to purchase, the base and the ring assembly. The advantage to that is you can precisely place the base and adjust the eye relief to your scope/liking...
Thanks,

Good points...

What height do you run?
Old 02-15-2020, 08:26 AM

M-P, I didn’t see your photo before I replied to your original post. Are those photos of the same rifle? One scope looks lower than the other.

Also are those in mounts in the photo two piece? I thought you were saying a two piece was like a Leupold model PRW2?
Old 02-15-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
Thanks,

Good points...

What height do you run?
im not sure if Leupold has any height options. I would think its 1.5, like the std LaRue to be optimized for the low power 1-? scopes that are popular. But I just looked on Leupolds website and it seems both are discontinued. I did not see a two piece and the one piece has been replaced by the Mark AR mount. The Mark AR looks just like my sons 1 piece except they have replaced the two big nuts with 5 streamlined Allen screws. It retails for like $76.00 at Brownells. Worth a try, IMHO.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
M-P, I didnít see your photo before I replied to your original post. Are those photos of the same rifle? One scope looks lower than the other.

Also are those in mounts in the photo two piece? I thought you were saying a two piece was like a Leupold model PRW2?
Not the same rifle. Rifle on the right is mine with the two piece mount. Once the two pieces are assembled it looks just like a one piece. Not sure if they are different heights. May be an illusion as they are different scopes. Daltons is a 1.25-4, and mine is a VX-6 1-6 and is much larger than his. But as I was saying, I think they discontinued both.