1911Forum banner

Spam recall

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  USMM guy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
So I am going to go out on a limb here.

And make the assumption that there is a way to tell the difference between good Spam and bad Spam. :mummy:

#4 ·
As opposed to good Spam.

Which would presumably be metal free.

#9 ·
So the spam eaters that prepped by laying in a supply when times were good can continue to consume while the unprepared must do without until spam is again made safe.

Kind of a goofy little lesson in why being prepared can pay off even if North Korea never launches, Hillary never becomes president, or a solar flare never takes out the electrical grid.

#13 ·
None of mine was new enough to be subject to the recall.

On the subject of spam, fried up some spam slices this morning along with some eggs and had them on toasted english muffins with a melted slice of cheese.

Good stuff Maynard.

#20 ·
I ate spam pretty regularly growing up but I haven't touched the stuff in 30 years. It really would be a bad situation for me to ever eat it again. Some people love it and some people hate it but not too many are on the fence when it comes to spam.

#22 ·
Who here picked up a can of Spam after reading this post? Be honest now.
I picked up a few last week, also grabbed Spams dirty cousin Daks canned ham to add to my stock pile of goodness

#25 ·
I just ran a list of canned goods we need to get to re-stock the pantry.

4 cases SPAM
2 Cases Whole Green Beans
1 Case Beef Ravioli
1 Case Italian Sausage Ravioli
1 Case Red Beans & Rice
2 cases Ramen Noodles
2 cases Canned Chicken
2 cases corn
2 cases creamed corn
2 cases peas
2 cases carrots
2 cases baby carrots
2 cases Reids German Potato Salad
2 cases Spiced Cabbage

We've already put a half pig in the freezer and will finish off the last half beef and will put another one in about August/September.

And breakfast this morning was Spam, egg, cheese on a bagel. Yum.

#26 ·
We've already put a half pig in the freezer and will finish off the last half beef and will put another one in about August/September.

And breakfast this morning was Spam, egg, cheese on a bagel. Yum.
I am finishing out 2 Red Angus feeder steers, one for us and another for some friends. They are getting fat at about 1100 lbs right now. Tentative slaughter date 7/16. They are making my mouth water just looking at them...

And, I just had a SPAM sammich last week!

#27 ·
Nothing wrong with Spam but what happened to Sardines ? So much more nutritious and so easy to carry in your back pocket. When packed in oil you can add an egg and make an omelet quick.

#28 ·
Nothing at all wrong with Sardines.

I currently have about sixty cans in the pantry. As you said a lot of nutrition in a small package, and the shelf life is about forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.