1911Forum banner

What is your favorite HP?

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  supervel 
#1 ·
Mine is a MKIII in either 9 or 40 with the spur hammer and factory ambi safety.

Night sights are a nice addition, along with trimming the base of the safeties for the high thumb hold I use with HP's.

Mag disconnect out for most applications except open duty type carry.

How about you folks, what is your favorite?

#3 · (Edited)
OK, I'll try.

This one, a '67 T, is pretty good.

This customized FM is neat, too.

Just got this one; a forged-frame MKIII. It has potential.

I like this older, German Police-issued, post-war gun. Nice trigger.

How about an alloy-framed Hi Power? Easy to carry...

These 2 are simply superb. A MKII and a Don Williams-tuned Practical.

Lastly, these safe-queens are cherished. A '67 T and a '74 C. Both are new in the pouch.

Obviously, I can't decide. Maybe the next one...
Bob

#8 ·
My quintessential HP.

#9 · (Edited)
My 2 favorite of all the Browning Hi-Power model's have to be the MKII and the T Series. The MKII for the removed hump in feed ramp, wider rear sights, ambi safety, and rib on top of slide. Ready to rock right out of the box at the time of production with modern ammunition. This was the shortest run production Hi-Power I believe? And the T Series of course. Just plain beauty and attention to detail. It doesn't get any better than this.....

1985 MKII

1968 T Series

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks Bob. The eye candy you provide us here on the BHP forums is second to none! I wish at times I'd be more into the game like I used to be. I also have a MKIII (1992) with forged frame. Wickman hooked me up when he was at Novak's with the Spec Ops package and Delrin grips (one of my favorite CCW). And thanks everyone else for their pictures.

1992 MKIII forged frame (sorry no pic's without holster. Maybe soon).

1992 MKIII forged frame (bottom pic. Knew I had a photo.)

#13 ·
Wasn't sure where this would go when I first saw it. If it's pictures we're showing, then I'll put in mine. This Practical has been worked on by Don Williams and I added the Spegel grips. It's very smooth and shoots straighter than I do.

Verm

#22 ·
VERY nice - do you know who did the rear sight installation? It looks very modern and well done.

#26 ·
If we get to vote I like the one in the bottom of post #9 with the internal extractor. It is a clean old school one and different because you do not see them very often. They are all excellent looking though, it is hard not to find a HP that does not look good, unlike the lady's sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.