1911Forum banner

Flat Trigger for Staccato-C

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ricky T 
#1 ·
I would like to install a flat faced trigger onto my new C. Does anybody know where I might find one.I run flat triggers on all my 1911s and 2011s.

#2 ·
I too prefer flat triggers and installed one in my Staccato P!

However, since I believe the grip must be removed to install a different trigger in the Staccato C also, you may want to consider this warranty info before proceeding.
What makes you think the grip needs to be removed?

#3 · (Edited)
I'm not buying it without someone actually saying otherwise from experience..

Since they share the same methodology as a 1911 where the frame can't be removed, which you can't remove the frame of, removing the mainspring housing, fire control, and the magazine release and the trigger bow unit should slide right out the back where the grip safety rides.

I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

#5 ·
jeep45238:

It appears my thinking was flawed on the trigger assembly, and I want to apologize for any mis-leading info I shared.

I'm happy to eat crow on this one as I'm sure Descartian above owns a Stac C (or two), and knows it's limitations and similarities to the standard 1911 pistols.

Thanks Steve for pointing out the correct information!

#6 ·
I had one. I sold it and shipped it off to its new forever home yesterday. I was excited to get it when it first came out. I shot maybe 200 rounds through it. It was a great and soft shooter but I really prefer double stack guns. It just sat in my carry rotation drawer while I picked up other guns. Normally I’d stick it in the safe and let it mature there but the gun is still in demand so I figured someone would get more use out of it than me.

As far as changing out the trigger it’s fairly simple and standard for a 1911/2011. Remove the slide, take off the grip safety and fire control parts. Remove the mag catch then slide out the trigger. I still haven’t figured out why STI decided that removing the grip voids the warranty......

#7 ·
Yea, I've changed and fitted new triggers in all my 1911/2011 pistols. Pretty straightforward process IMO.....

That grip issue with the Stac C also turns me away from owning one. Regardless of "why" it's not to be removed. I wonder if the new Staccato R has the same restriction? If so, I'd never own one!

As of right now, my Stac P will be the last "new" STI I'll own. I do have plans to obtain a DVC C and a DVC Limited from the older offerings. IMO, those pistols from a few years back were the best looking they've ever offered.

The new Staccato line all look the same.........and I"m 100% partial to double stack offerings.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.