1911Forum banner

Changing Sights on a Staccato P

15K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  GUNSnHOGS 
#1 ·
The one thing I don't love about my Staccato P are the sights. The front sight is too wide and leaves little room to see your target on either side of the front sight post when viewed through the rear sight. I also greatly prefer a U-Notch rear sight.

Though they are the same basic set-up found on my Wilson Pistols (Fiber Optic Front Sight and Backed out Rear Sight), when I compare the sights on any of my Wilson's to the sights on my STI Staccato P the width of the notch on the rear sight is the same, but the Staccato's front sight is about 25% wider and pretty much fills the notch when aiming at a target. The sights on the STI are clearly set up for a defensive pistol. I prefer the front sight to be a bit thinner so the sights work well for target shooting as well. My Wilson's are defensive pistols and fill that role quite nicely even with the thinner front sight post.

That said, it looks like both the dovetails on the Staccato and Wilson slides are Novak Lo Mount cut. Am I correct that the dovetails are the same on both pistols? I ask because I want to have Wilson Sights installed on the Staccato - The thinner front sight and the U-Notch blacked out rear sight.

OR

The Front Sight on my STI DVC L is thinner than the front sights on both the Wilson and the Staccato P. Can I just buy the DVC L Front Sight and Install it on my Staccato? Does STI have a U-Notch rear sight option I can buy as well?

I Prefer The Thinner Fiber Optic Front Sight - What are my options for the Staccato? Will the Wilson Front Sight fit? STI Alternative Front Sight Options?

Width is the same but I Prefer a U-Notch Rear Sight - What are my options for the Staccato? Will the Wilson Rear Battlesight fit? STI U-Notch Rear Sight Options?

See less See more
#3 ·
The one thing I don't love about my Staccato P are the sights. The front sight is too wide and leaves little room to see your target on either side of the front sight post when viewed through the rear sight. I also greatly prefer a U-Notch rear sight.
As I prefer fully adjustable sights on any of my "range" guns, I went with the No-Mar rear conversion with a Dawson 130T/100W FO front. Couldn't be happier with the sight picture.

If your staying fixed, Dawson or Kensight should be able to accommodate a U-notch rear.

Attachments

#4 ·
The Front Sight on my STI DVC L is thinner than the front sights on both the Wilson and the Staccato P. Can I just buy the DVC L Front Sight and Install it on my Staccato?
I'm thinking no, while Dawson does have various width STI front sights they show Staccato front sights separately. I believe the Staccato sights use a little bit wider dovetail, well at least when I hold up spare STI sights up to my Staccato they feel loose in the dovetail. On a side, I do know they use a different size fiber too.

But you could always call Dave and he might be able to fix you up.

#10 ·
I have both a 5" and 4.15" stacatto. The 5" has an adjustable rear sight and thinner "target" front sight, while the 4.15" has the fixed/ledge rear sight and wider, combat front sight. The bigger front sight is not as precise as the target sight, but it is certainly a little easier to find and focus on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.