1911Forum banner

DVC P ammo

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  WBSCOTT 
#1 ·
My DVC P arrives at my FFL today, and it had been mentioned that I may need a lighter spring if I wanted to shoot 115g ammo due to the comp. can anyone confirm? And if so, what spring do I need so I can order it (I just have thousands of rounds of 115g plinking ammo and if needed will start buying heavier ammo)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
Go to Wolff (Gunsprings.com) and buy a small assortment of recoil springs for your gun. With a little experimentation you will find which one you need for a specific load. If your recoil spring is too strong it can close the slide faster than the magazine spring can push the next round up in position.

#13 ·
Good to know. I didn’t think originally that I would, but the STI guy on the live feed said I had to watch the ammo because of the comp and that’s what made me wonder.

Sadly, the USPS is playing hide and go seek with it at the moment. Seems there was a lazy guy on Black Friday who said my buddy wasn’t at his shop for it to transfer and they sent it back. Arrived back to Shooting Surplus yesterday and they sent it right back out. Now it says Sat arrival so we will see

#15 ·
I've had my DVC-P since the end of November and have had some issues in this area. The first week I put about 800 rounds through it mostly Magtech 115. After about 3-400 I started getting failure to return to battery, failure to lock open, then double feeds and stove pipes. I sent it back and they returned it about 8 days later good service. The STI gunsmith said he put in an 8 pound spring (he said the 8,9,10 look the same and sometimes get switched) then oiled the hell out of it. I should note when I initially got it before using I cleaned and oiled it. When I got it back I used Blaser Brass 124 for a little more recoil. I made it through a USPSA match and about 8-900 rounds before I started getting the same issues starting with failure to lock open. The STI GS had said to clean after about 5-600 rounds. So I had it deep cleaned (Ultrasonic) and well oiled. I put 200 rounds through today no issues. Here is what I'm looking at going forward. Blaser Brass fires a little dirty, I'll be switching to a cleaner 124 grain. I'm putting a little oil on the rails after use (150-250 rounds for me generally). Options I'm looking at going forward. T1 ammo is local and may be able to make a clean 124 with a slightly increased charge. Also I may look at a 7 1/2 lb spring.

#16 ·
Thanks for the response, I was finally able to pick mine up today but won’t be able to shoot until Sunday. I have a few hundred rounds to put through it and my staccato P.

I’ll make sure I break it down, clean and oil it up before shooting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.