1911Forum banner

Thread lock question

824 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pnut 
#1 ·
Adding accessories to my various guns, I noticed that quite a few off the stuff comes with thread locker already applied to the screws. Most of the time the thread lock is a yellow color. Does anyone know which locker this is? I’m use to using blue and sometimes red, but I’ve never seen any yellow stuff on the shelves.

#2 ·
This info says the yellow (641) is a moderate strength retaining compound. It will be easier to disassemble than, say, the blue compound. Heat will not be required, either.

Retaining Compound - medium strength. If disassembly is required. Ideal for parts that need subsequent dismantling. LOCTITE 641 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts, particularly where disassembly is required for servicing operations. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. Ideal for parts that need subsequent dismantling, i.e. retention of bearings on shafts and in housings.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Henk...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B073H7NZ3R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.