1911Forum banner

DVC Limited Hard Chrome

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Kevin Rohrer 
#1 ·
Recently picked up a DVC, my first 2011. The gun is completely stock from STI. Are there any upgrades I should do to make it run better. I have about 500 rounds thru it, with no problems. Is it worth it to send out to have anything tuned on it? I am used to shooting a flat trigger, would like to have one installed, what would be the best trigger to install? Any comments on do’s and dont’s on this particular pistol would be greatly appreciated. Will be used in local steel matches. Many Thanks

#2 ·
It’s a pretty bad a$$ gun just as it comes. Not sure if there’s much you can do to it. Some people swap out the recoil master with a Dawson precision tool less guiderod and spring (I actually like the stock recoil master).

As far as triggers go I prefer the modular SVI trigger so you can change out the pads with different length and curve to your liking. Atlas Custom sells a good line of triggers and Palmetto Armory has one as well. Just FYI, STI uses a plastic trigger to keep it light thus allowing a lighter pull and faster reset. STI also sells a flat “gunsmith blank” trigger that will be easier to install than the others mentioned and can be cut to any custom length you prefer.

#12 ·
I haven't, not sure what I'd do cause they are nice as is. Thought maybe metal grips but I like the ones they have, maybe extended mag releases. Or a gas peddle but don't want to hack up the frames.

All these 5 and 5+'s shoot so soft and smooth so I don't know what tuning I could do.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I picked up a DVC L a few weeks ago. There is no reason that I can see to change anything on it. It is the fastest and flattest shooting non-comped gun I own.

The Staccato P I picked up last week will go in to have two pounds taken off the trigger to match the DVC 2.5lb trigger. I'm also changing the sights on the Staccato P, the front sight is too wide, I like more space on either side of the front sight so I can see my target better and make a more accurate shot. I'm surprised at how fast and flat shooting the Staccato P is, because the Staccato C I shot was very harsh shooting; recoiled like a Glock 19. But the P is much more like the DVC L than the Staccato C.

First 3 shots were DEAD ON!

#9 ·
I am used to shooting a flat trigger, would like to have one installed, what would be the best trigger to install? Any comments on do’s and dont’s on this particular pistol would be greatly appreciated. Will be used in local steel matches. Many Thanks
If you looking for a great trigger that won't require modifying the STI grip, I can recommend these:

http://ccgunworks.com/widebody-trigger-medium-flat/

Installed one in my Stac P and only required minor fitting of the top/bottom trigger shoe.

#13 ·
Why fix something that is not broken?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.