1911Forum banner

Staccato P - Carry Grip

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rwehavinfunyet 
#1 ·
Hey guys, what all is required to make a change to the carry grip in a staccato p?

Obviously you have to buy a new grip module… but Who sells a carry length option that will fit the staccato p? Does anybody have a link?

Do you have to change the mainspring housing? Any other changes internally? Does it void the warranty to change the grip module?

Is there an option that rounds off the butt like a v-bob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
STI never really put the 120mm grips fro sale on the open market until about 2 years ago a Jason at Extreme Shooters started buying them in bulk from STI. If you’re looking for a 120mm grip he’s going to be your best bet.

Extreme shooters https://www.extremeshooters.com/sti-grips

There is an online vendor, Cajun Concealed, that is selling off some of his ES grips. See thread on other forum here. https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/2011-grips.85041/

A 120mm grip is just a standard grip cut down so other than a new MSH, you will not need anything else for the swap. Now the newly released Gen2 grips in the bottom of your photo is a newly designed grip and is not just a cut down 126mm grip. It actually will take a magwell if you want to use one.

Changing the grip will not void your warranty unless you are trying it on the Staccato-C which has a different grip.

Changing out the grip is super easy and once you’ve completely taken the gun down a couple times will only take you 5 minutes or so.

#5 ·
STI 2011 grips.....

I like my STI 2011 guns, but the retail price of getting a new grip is pretty expensive.....and IMHO, a rip-off......selling an injection molded polymer grip to close to $200 is outrageous, and seems to me someone should make them and sell them in the $100-$115 price range, and still make an excellent profit...…

I have an STI 2011 .38 super that I use as an EDC gun. I cut down the grip to allow a 120mm mag to seat flush in the frame, and cut down an STI polymer mainspring housing that fits very well...… I carry 16 rounds of hot .38 super JHP loads in the gun carried cocked and locked, and carry one extra 126mm mag with 17 rounds on my opposite hip..... For most self defense situations, I doubt I will need to reload, so I don't worry about using a magwell to allow a super fast reload......if I did have to reload, you can bet when the shooting starts, I will be shooting at my assailant and moving to cover if at all possible.....hopefully the situation will be over before a reload is needed......:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.