1911Forum banner

MBX and Brazos Custom

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  UpperMW 
#1 ·
Both sell very expensive competition type magazines for STIs. MBX appears to be made from the ground up while Brazos takes exiting magazines, springs, followers (Grams), and base pads and super tunes them. Both make lock back and non versions.

Anyone with experience with these? Is one better, more reliable, trouble free than the other?

#2 ·
Both sell very expensive competition type magazines for STIs. MBX appears to be made from the ground up while Brazos takes exiting magazines, springs, followers (Grams), and base pads and super tunes them. Both make lock back and non versions.

Anyone with experience with these? Is one better, more reliable, trouble free than the other?
both will great BUT MBX will give you the option of running different auto correct magwell such as limcat. I believe Brazos come with Dawson base pads which you can certainly change but that's another expense

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Depending on what you are using them for, you might be just fine with stock Gen2 STI magazines. If you are running ball ammo, you probably don't need to change anything unless you are trying to squeeze a couple more rounds in there. If you are running JHP or duty ammo, you may need a stronger spring, such as ISMI or Wolff. This has been my experience lately.

#5 ·
My second hand STI came with Gen 1 magazines. I don't know if the previous owner had bent them but they feed fine. I was nervous about it, though, so I paid more for a couple of MBX. I would like to have more but am probably going to get Gen 2s for less than half the price.

#7 · (Edited)
I have two MBX mags that I use for 3gun or Limited Minor with Gen2 STIs on the belt, behind them. I care more about reliability than capacity and the new STI mags have worked well for me.

Edited to add: I have had many SV mags that worked well with the steel gripped Infinity pistols, but even we (Team Shooters) replaced everything but the tubes.

#9 ·
Got 2 MBX 141.25 mm for 9 mm. First time through perfect. Second time each had one FTF where after the slide returned cartridge was not in position. So now, following instructions and loading each with 21 cartridges for a couple of weeks to let springs "set." They do appear to sit higher than stock STI. They also seemed to cycle noticeably faster than the STIs so I'm hopeful. Anyone with similar experience?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.