1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 07:52 PM

Smith & Wesson E Series Adjustable Sights

Hello fellow 1911 enthusiast!
Do anybody know of a company that makes an fully adjustable rear sight to accommodate the E Series 1911? I've done a ton of research but haven't been able to come up with any answers. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:01 AM

Yeah, I went through this ~3yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleStranger View Post
Hello fellow 1911 enthusiast!
Do anybody know of a company that makes an fully adjustable rear sight to accommodate the E Series 1911? I've done a ton of research but haven't been able to come up with any answers. Thanks!
Yeah, I went through this ~3yrs ago, looking for +combat sights+. Posting a reply b/c thinking your best bet of finding target sights is with a maker -known- to make SW1911 sights ... at all. This thread outlines the experience:

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=687129

There’s a link to Heinie, which at the time anyway, -did- list sights with the correct cut as suited to SW1911. Using ‘Search’ you’ll find there’s [at least] another thread from ~1yr ago (maybe less) on the topic: search terms:

SW1911 SW1911PC sights

... will surely find it. Good news is: seems much easier to find SW1911 sights than three years ago. You could find sights on amazon.com if looking for fixed ... but I didn’t see any adjustable.

As you may already know, S&W uses a cut found on at least one (I think more) series of S&W semi-autos ... but not anybody else’s M1911 slide. Hopefully I wrote the series number in the thread linked above. But it’s a bit nerve-wracking to order sights made-&-marketted for a different pistol than that on which you want to mount them. / -; Heinie at least -did- market sights as fitting SW1911 ... as you’ll see I had to adapt the Heinie rear to my purpose.

Good luck! ... and if you find something, please post here ... you never know, somebody might get a government length “E” or “PC” and want target sights for it. Great! pistols.

Last edited by tgt_usa; 04-21-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:16 AM

Thank you so much for your help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 02:26 PM

Oh! You’re quite welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleStranger View Post
Thank you so much for your help!!!
All in the title ... well, okay: glad to offer advice here ... extra glad if it’s actually helpful; more especially when thanked. You’re quite welcome ...

Oh! Out of self-interest, I looked to see if Novak lists SW1911 sights; they do:

https://www.novaksights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9533

... and there were at least three adjustable models. This thread may end up costing me some actual $s.
;- j
Old 04-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Since the cousin of the E series from the Perf Center has them I would guess they exist.

These even have S&W stamped on the side.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:27 PM

For sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
Since the cousin of the E series from the Perf Center has them I would guess they exist.
Things -may- have changed in 2(?) years, but when I called and wrote to S&W: they would never predict a date for -having- sights for sale. The search engine on the S&W site -still- doesn’t produce any sights for a SW1911.
\ -:

[ed. Disregard the text below the tear-bar: of course the cut is different; the pictured target site -dovetail- might be the same but it also has the cut at the back of the slide. And my understanding of the O.P.’s search is a straight-up replacement with an adjustable sight, such as this one claims to be:

https://www.novaksights.com/Detail.a...00508&CAT=9533

================================================
BUT cannot tell for certain that the slide cut on that gov’t P.C. is different from the slide cut for the fixed sights. So if you -can- find that rear sight, it might be a straight up replacement.

Last edited by tgt_usa; 04-24-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post

These even have S&W stamped on the side.
Those nice looking adjustable target sights will not fit the cuts on a standard E Series1911TA and would also require modification to the rear of the slide.

I was disappointed myself when first I saw them some years back.