1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
Ok, I have a quick question. I just looked at one at my LGS and the trigger was less than impressive. It had a lot of long gritty creep. Is this something that quickly wears in or can be adjusted out?
That's very abnormal
Old 07-23-2019, 06:32 PM

Thanks for your responses, I will steer clear of this one! I just hope this is a fluke.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:09 AM

Just a quick follow-up. I am still looking at the TSO at my LGS who is offering it to me a reasonable price since I am a “good” customer. They are working with the distributor and if necessary CZ Custom directly to see what can be done about the long gritty trigger pull. I suspect it may take a while to see how this plays out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 01:46 PM

It was shipped back to CZ by my LGS earlier this week and now to see what CZ says/does. Considering that they offered to do this for me on a gun that I have not purchased is what I consider GREAT service. They may not be the cheapest, but how many dealers will do this for you?
Old 08-03-2019, 02:22 PM

If it has a crappy trigger pull who would buy it anyway? If it was my store I would send it back so I can sell it.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 PM

It is a much sought after item and not readily available. As far as triggers go, you usually get what you get and is not a manufacturer backed issue, unless of course it is a custom gun.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:15 AM

My LGS receive the TSO back from CZ on Monday and give me a call to look at it. The ticket said that they had adjusted the trigger and removed a bur from the sear. The trigger felt much better, so home it came. I am looking forward to getting it to the range to see how it runs.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
My LGS receive the TSO back from CZ on Monday and give me a call to look at it. The ticket said that they had adjusted the trigger and removed a bur from the sear. The trigger felt much better, so home it came. I am looking forward to getting it to the range to see how it runs.
Indeed, looking forward to the results. Let's see if it's consistent with the apparent norm - ragged hole performance! All hail CZ!!!
Old 08-28-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Well the omega is the worst CZ trigger by far so......

Gee, lucky me...I apparently received bad advice. I was told (on another forum) the Omega trigger system was the way to go. Guess that's what I get for ordering sight-unseen, but considering I paid a whopping $400 for it I don't exactly feel ripped-off.

I suppose I can always go this route...

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75700-omega-kit/

although I'm not convinced throwing an additional $200 into the pistol would get it to the range more often, so.....
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Gee, lucky me...I apparently received bad advice. I was told (on another forum) the Omega trigger system was the way to go. .....
You know what they say.... one man's omega is another man's alpha-kappa-gamma!!! I don't think the the omega is so bad, for what it is, but then again, I tend to swim against the current more often than not. I think the problem is that CZ's single-action triggers pretty much render all of their DA/SA triggers as second/third fiddle. And everybody else's off the orchestra and out of the building altogether. We're spoiled to the point of silliness! But what can you do???

Last edited by havanajim; 08-29-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:12 PM

Well, I made it to the range for a all too quick session running through a 100 rounds. Gee, what can I say it is sweet. At 7 yards I put a total of 40 round into 1 target with about 90% percent in 1 hole. Now I know this is not intended to be a target gun, but it sure shoots better then this old man. The other 60 rounds I burned up just having fun. After one 20 round string of rapid fire, one gentleman next to me asked how I could shoot so fast and accurately. All I could say was, it is the gun! I can hardly wait to get back and run some plates. P.S. Not a single hiccup in the initial 100 rounds and that in itself is impressive with such a tight fit.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:20 PM

Amazing, isn't it? Whole lotta gun for the money!!!! Wonder why others can't seem to accomplish similar feats with their production guns?? No matter, CZ can handle it!!
Old 08-29-2019, 06:51 PM

The TSO is the beat gun I have ever used. Then again, my buddy just shot himself in the foot with it. The trigger is light!

It’s the best gun out there for the price.....period.

I don’t own one, but I do have a S2 on its way to CGW. I didn’t need another SA.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:14 PM

I own a number of custom 1911s and I totally agree that this is a lot of gun for the money. Besides, it is a pure joy to shoot. I know that at my age I'll never be able to run it as fast as it is capable of, but it will be a lot of fun trying!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:26 PM

Just bought a TSO 9mm on Gunbroker. I’ll let you know how it shoots.
Jeff
Old 09-02-2019, 06:34 AM

I'm sure you will love it. I was a little worried about mine being so tight when I took down to clean before heading to the range. But not a single problem.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Yankee View Post
When I was at the shop this afternoon to pick up my Colt S70, there was a lady there buying her second TSO. It was absolutely stunning! If that thing shoots as good as it looks, I might need to get one. Soon.
You meant the pistol, right?
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 PM

It took me awhile but I finally ordered one. It’s been on my list for awhile now. Heavy, low recoil, great triggers are my kind of guns. Hope to have it early next week.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:17 PM

After a bit of research I discovered the 2019 model have a few changes over the 2018 model. I wasn't aware of it until after purchasing my TSO and starting to look around but a short call and the person on the line said mine was a 2019 model. I kind of thought it probably would be given demand on these things and the fact they advertised they just received these guns. However they did post a stock photo of the 2018 model. But even CZ posts a picture of the 2018 model and not the 2019 model on their website have a picture of the 2018 version. Easy way to tell is the magazine release is orange and the grips are slightly different on the 2019 model.

I have also seen on other forums where sometimes you can get a mixture of versions because it appears CZ will put whatever version on the un to use up parts. I would think this too happened early on. Not sure if true but that's what a few have posted.

Anyway the differences with the 2019 model appear to be:

Good - Metal trigger (save me $40 bucks)
Good - S2 safety (save me $88 bucks)
Good - S2 mag release (save me $35 bucks)
Bad - The standard 75 squared trigger guard

The truth will be in the pudding and I probably would still be happy with the 2018 model, but I do like the sound of some of these improvements and think I much rather prefer the 2019 model.

Last edited by Dddrees; 09-13-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
After a bit of research I discovered the 2019 model have a few changes over the 2018 model. I wasn't aware of it until after purchasing my TSO and starting to look around but a short call and the person on the line said mine was a 2019 model. I kind of thought it probably would be given demand on these things and the fact they advertised they just received these guns. However they did post a stock photo of the 2018 model. But even CZ posts a picture of the 2018 model and not the 2019 model on their website have a picture of the 2018 version. Easy way to tell is the magazine release is orange and the grips are slightly different on the 2019 model.

I have also seen on other forums where sometimes you can get a mixture of versions because it appears CZ will put whatever version on the un to use up parts. I would think this too happened early on. Not sure if true but that's what a few have posted.

Anyway the differences with the 2019 model appear to be:

Good - Metal trigger (save me $40 bucks)
Good - S2 safety (save me $88 bucks)
Good - S2 mag release (save me $35 bucks)
Bad - The standard 75 squared trigger guard

The truth will be in the pudding and I probably would still be happy with the 2018 model, but I do like the sound of some of these improvements and think I much rather prefer the 2019 model.

Hmmmmm..... no picture! Where's the picture?????

Yep, they did make a few tweaks with the newer model. I suppose they just said to hell with it, since so many folks were clamoring for the S2 parts.
Good for them, they're being responsive. Just curious, what's the rigger pull on the new one?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post
Hmmmmm..... no picture! Where's the picture?????

Yep, they did make a few tweaks with the newer model. I suppose they just said to hell with it, since so many folks were clamoring for the S2 parts.
Good for them, they're being responsive. Just curious, what's the rigger pull on the new one?
Still waiting on mine. Unfortunately they won't even ship it for another 4 to 6 days. I purchased it off of Gun Broker and for some reason the seller doesn't even ship guns for up to 5 to 7 days after the purchase. Anyway at the time I bought mine there weren't that many on gunbroker in 9mm except for auctions and the others were about $200 more. Mine was a buy now. I wasn't willing to wait another week to see if I would win the auction and for about $200 to $300 less I was willing to wait a bit to get it.

Anyway I did want to update this thread with this information. I imagine a good number knew about this already but I didn't and this actually is one of the threads I visit every time I reconsider getting this gun. I was really oblivious to any of model differences until after I bought my gun.

It does seem a good thing that CZ made some small changes however. Good gun and all but with a few changes maybe just a bit better. I always thought the non-blended magwell kind of stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Maybe they will address this later. In the long run since I have no plans on competing it"ll be a minor annoyance at best. It appears that the Dremel is the only fix, but I have no plans of taking a Dremel to one of my guns.

Last edited by Dddrees; 09-13-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:28 PM

You know, while the non-blending of the magwell is not the most elegant thing they could've done, I'll tell you that in terms of function, it's never been an issue for me - and it has seen its share of match use. In other words, while not pretty, I've not experienced it interfering with mag changes either, which is why I've never bothered with the blending. I know aesthetics are important to some, but, outside of that, I don't see the blending as an absolute 'necessity' with this particular pistol. Anyway, looking forward to your observations once you get it.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You know, while the non-blending of the magwell is not the most elegant thing they could've done, I'll tell you that in terms of function, it's never been an issue for me - and it has seen its share of match use. In other words, while not pretty, I've not experienced it interfering with mag changes either, which is why I've never bothered with the blending. I know aesthetics are important to some, but, outside of that, I don't see the blending as an absolute 'necessity' with this particular pistol. Anyway, looking forward to your observations once you get it.
Besides aesthetics I thought for certain it would be an issue to some degree. The earliest you tube review I saw made that very point. In fact that's one of the reasons I didn't get one earlier.

However it always remained on my list as something I was always interested in. Given more time and more thought I can't imagine given the characteristics of this gun being anything but very enjoyable for me. Heavy, accurate, little recoil, and great trigger.

Yeah I really look forward to finally getting one.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Besides aesthetics I thought for certain it would be an issue to some degree. The earliest you tube review I saw made that very point. In fact that's one of the reasons I didn't get one earlier.

However it always remained on my list as something I was always interested in. Given more time and more thought I can't imagine given the characteristics of this gun being anything but very enjoyable for me. Heavy, accurate, little recoil, and great trigger.

Yeah I really look forward to finally getting one.
I had one pistol, an old Para P-18, that did require blending after I added a S&A magwell. The transition at the rear edge of the mag opening created enough of a ledge where it did actually interfere with mag insertion. Judicious application of a Dremel remedied that particular situation. I simply haven't had that issue with the TSO, though, even though the lack of blending is painfully obvious. It's possible that the profile of the mags themselves play into that, however.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I had one pistol, an old Para P-18, that did require blending after I added a S&A magwell. The transition at the rear edge of the mag opening created enough of a ledge where it did actually interfere with mag insertion. Judicious application of a Dremel remedied that particular situation. I simply haven't had that issue with the TSO, though, even though the lack of blending is painfully obvious. It's possible that the profile of the mags themselves play into that, however.
I am glad to hear that even though it's importance to me has become less so. The other characteristics and the amount of times I've come so close but chose something else.

Heck I even came very close again earlier this year but the desire for others simply won out. This may even become my favorite 9mm to fire at the range but even if I spend more time firing this one the desire to get those others were stronger.