First Nighthawk (Counselor) - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 09:51 AM

First Nighthawk (Counselor)

My Nighthawk Counselor arrives tomorrow. Would value thoughts on what, if any, cleaning and lubing others due to a new 1911 before they go to the range.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
My Nighthawk Counselor arrives tomorrow. Would value thoughts on what, if any, cleaning and lubing others due to a new 1911 before they go to the range.

I would be interested in a review and your opinion of the pistol after having it awhile. I believe one might be in the picture for me at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...
Old 01-19-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I would be interested in a review and your opinion of the pistol after having it awhile. I believe one might be in the picture for me at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Will do so! I'm looking forward to this little pistol and plan to make it my EDC.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2020, 06:52 PM

Beautiful looking compact. You should enjoy it.

NRA Life-Benefactor
Old 01-20-2020, 09:36 PM

First Nighthawk Custom? Congratulations! Counselor looks like a neat build. Should be properly oiled upon receipt. NHC recommends only Gibbs for cleaning.

Quote:
Nighthawk Custom uses Nitride/Melonite Finish (Cerakote) on all of our pistols that are black in color. Pistols that are colors other than black are finished in a ceramic based finish. The Black Nitride finish that we are using is a superior finish and wears very well.

You should avoid solvent immersion and prolonged ultrasonic cleaning of your firearm.

Never use cleaning products with Trichloroethylene, ammoniated solvents, or strong alkaline solvents. Discoloration of the finish can occur on firearms with a nitride finish if these cautions are ignored. Damage to your firearms finish may occur if these cautions are ignored.

We recommend Gibbs® lubricant and cleaner and have started including a 2 ounce spray bottle with each new pistol shipped. If you need additional Gibbs® lubricant cleaner you may purchase it by contacting us directly at 877-268-4867.
https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/medi...al-2015-03.pdf
The 1911 requires more end-user intervention than any other pistol in modern service in terms of setup, maintenance, and selection of magazines/replacement parts. It requires a more educated shooter to keep the gun happy and running
Tim Lau
Old 01-20-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
First Nighthawk Custom? Congratulations! Counselor looks like a neat build. Should be properly oiled upon receipt. NHC recommends only Gibbs for cleaning.

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/medi...al-2015-03.pdf
I spoke with Nighthawk Customer Service. I was told that each gun is shipped with a bottle of Gibbs. Additionally, I was told that after the factory test fired each gun was cleaned and lubed. Therefore, each gun was ready to use. Unfortunately, my LGS opens at 10 AM and Fed Ex attempted to deliver at 8:55 AM. Hopefully, FedEx will deliver tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:23 PM

Picked up my Counselor midmorning. Went to the range and shot 200 rounds. No issues. Shot some old Remington 124 (will not buy that again). This is the first time I shot with the HEINIE STRAIGHT EIGHT SLANT PRO sights. Overall this is a really sweet pistol. Want to shoot another 200 to 300 rounds before I start to carry. I imagine by the end of the month the Counselor will be my favorite EDC. This was my fist mag at 15 yards.
Attached Thumbnails
First Counsleor.jpg  
Old 01-22-2020, 12:49 AM

I own one and have about 300 rounds though it and I'm blown away every time I shoot it. It's soft and accurate. A great carry gun, IMHO
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor, Staccato C and a G43 -- 38 Super's: WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, WC Sentinel Compact and a mid 70's Colt Commander (for a build)
Old 01-22-2020, 06:25 AM

Congrats on your new NH....no pics?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:56 AM

Congrats on your new pistol! I never even noticed the Gibbs that supposedly came with my pistol and my now curiosity is piqued and I will have to go try it see how it compares to my current favorite CLP which I am extremely fond of LOL.