Victim of Violent Home Invasion Speaks; Credits Wife With Saving His Life - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Victim of Violent Home Invasion Speaks; Credits Wife With Saving His Life

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it,” King said. “[My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me. “

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...ving-his-life#
Old 11-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Sounds like the perps got bad intel that there was drugs/drug money in the house.

As a Realtor I spoke with a couple who had bought a house that had once been the home of a dope dealer. YEARS later stoners would still occasionally show up looking to buy pot at all hours of the day/night.

They said that one pothead showed up every few weeks to be told, yet again, that Weedy McDopebrain didn't live there anymore.

------------- Also, I think the wife in this story is awesome!
Old 11-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Talking

This story can't possibly be true.

We have been told over and over again that the AR15 has no place in civilian hands. No?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Good thing she had it, even if she didn't need it...
Old 11-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Great story. Scary world out there.
Hi Standard Sentinel Deluxe
S&W Model 19
Old 11-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Sounds like the perps got bad intel that there was drugs/drug money in the house.

As a Realtor I spoke with a couple who had bought a house that had once been the home of a dope dealer. YEARS later stoners would still occasionally show up looking to buy pot at all hours of the day/night.

They said that one pothead showed up every few weeks to be told, yet again, that Weedy McDopebrain didn't live there anymore.

------------- Also, I think the wife in this story is awesome!
Guess what..... I have one of "those." Small 2/1 with circular driveway, I'm told it was bikes wall to wall and nonstop shady shenanigans before I got it. They foreclosed out, I picked up the house after someone flipped it.

None's come along in 8 years looking for merchandise, but I holster carry in the house. Y'never know. Rifle's usually not too far away either.

Good shooting on the wife's part. Bun in the oven must've been like O.O "I'm awake already!! Keep this up and I'll be a REAL son of a gun!"
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 11-05-2019, 10:41 AM

This incident was just on the Good Morning America scrolling banner:

"Woman uses AR15 to save husband from home invaders"

GMA-------- That's as Mainstream as it gets.

Probably hundreds of stories competing for placement on that venue yet they went with this one.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
This incident was just on the Good Morning America scrolling banner:

"Woman uses AR15 to save husband from home invaders"

GMA-------- That's as Mainstream as it gets.

Probably hundreds of stories competing for placement on that venue yet they went with this one.
You must be joking.

Putting a little textual blip on the Chyron banner is hardly mainstream media.

Tell me you are joking? Right?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:13 PM

PolymerMan----------Hell no I'm not joking. That banner IS absolutely mainstream media.

Plenty of HUGE stories from revolutions to major earthquakes / giant storms & wildfires only get mentioned on that banner & nowhere else on the broadcast.

That this story ran there instead of far more important news is amazing. Because only on the basic facts alone it's simply another Man Shoots Burglar story.

Local Florida news at best. If YOU shot a crim with your 1911 it would probably only make your local paper------------ NOT Good Morning America!

It's the pregnant wife combined with the AR that made this newsworthy enough for GMA.

But you seem to think that only National Front Page Headlines qualify as mainstream.

Dude, get real. Your expectations are WAY out of proportion.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:36 PM

Cool

A 3 second mention on the Chyron?

Sorry, we disagree on what is news coverage. That is not news coverage, it's called sweeping the story under the carpet. It's burying the story because in the mainstream news media agenda... AR15 are useless for self-defense and should not be in the possession of civilians. They would never broadcast a full story in which an AR15 saved the lives of law abiding people.

Those morning shows run about 2 hours or 3 hours every morning. They cover all sorts of garbage stories like how close they are to impeaching Trump, or which Hollywood celebrity was seen dating whom, or which athlete just signed up for a 30 million dollar deal.

They cover only on what is on their agenda... those things to keep Americans dumb and uninformed.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
A 3 second mention on the Chyron?

Sorry, we disagree on what is news coverage. That is not news coverage, it's called sweeping the story under the carpet. It's burying the story because in the mainstream news media agenda... AR15 are useless for self-defense and should not be in the possession of civilians. They would never broadcast a full story in which an AR15 saved the lives of law abiding people.

Those morning shows run about 2 hours or 3 hours every morning. They cover all sorts of garbage stories like how close they are to impeaching Trump, or which Hollywood celebrity was seen dating whom, or which athlete just signed up for a 30 million dollar deal.

They cover only on what is on their agenda... those things to keep Americans dumb and uninformed.
Bay News 9 is a 24hr 7days a week news service , and a very libby one at that .
I'm totally surprised that it even showed up at all on their station .
Last couple of years they were bought out by Spectrum .
I can't really watch that channel much , turns my stomach .
Old 01-29-2020, 08:48 PM

Yeah I used to watch Bay news 9 but got tired of the fake emotions and acting of the news casters. Any way this incident happened down the road from me. Something smelled from the beginning on this and if I remember right some charges against the residents were recently filed.it was not as it seamed.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:08 PM

Polymerman---------- Your "sweeping under the carpet" theory doesn't wash because the media is NOT required to run this type of story AT ALL, but they did.

The 50-100 OTHER shootings that happened that day were not mentioned on my morning news. The Tampa AR15 story went straight to the head of the pack. That was by the editor's choice!

And also note that the REAL news is almost entirely on that banner. The actual important happenings.

Meanwhile the newscasters are blathering about the passing of screen writing "legends" and footballers paying off people's school lunch tabs.

That banner is where the real news is.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

agreed - further, they only cover what they choose to deceive the ignorant public and cater to the haters which some are informed, but have no truth in them.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:12 PM

Tenring1911 --------- Then why did they put this Pro-Gun / Pro AR15 story ahead of all the dozens & dozens of conceivably Anti-Gun stories that could have run?

Why did they feature it at all? There's no duty to report every dang thing that happens.

It was their choice, one that would work AGAINST an anti gun / anti "assault rifle" narrative.

If you really want to know why it was featured this is probably the case: Because AR15's are currently topical, a political hot potato.

Thus making any story featuring AR's interesting to the general public. If you want to allege Media Bias there it is:

They are BIASED towards stories that are interesting. Ones that generate viewership & ad revenue.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:23 AM

That is mainstream media. But it is minimal coverage. It's a great human interest story that got close to no coverage. To deny media bias exists is complete comical denial. I'm glad one of these stories got mentioned. Too bad the chances of anybody noticing it and/remembering it are very low with that type of coverage.

I'm glad the story had a happy ending. I do think code compliance should come and pistol whip him for his **** hole of a house that he doesn't maintain.