IDPA Revolver and ICORE Question - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 02:05 PM

IDPA Revolver and ICORE Question

While just getting started with ICORE, I find barrel lengths vary greatly while the IDPA shooters seem to be more 4 inch shooters. Is there a significant advantage to any particular barrel length or is this just shooter preference? I find the same spread between S&W and Ruger for make and calibers range from 38 Special to 45 ACP. Have a hunch all these differences come down to shooter preference. Right or wrong?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:15 PM

IDPA MAXIMUM revolver barrel length is 4.2" (4" plus a little to support Canadian entries at 105mm.)

I don't know the ICORE division breakdowns, but longer is generally better.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:19 PM
More Cowbell...

For ICORE you cant a light recoiling caliber such as 38 Special or 9mm. ICORE is heavily biased towards accuracy and a longer barrel/sight radius is a plus.

Best advice I can give is get a Smith 8 shot like a 627 or 929 and put an APEX hammer in it.

IDPA with a revo is entertaining, but you will most likely be the only dude with a revo at an average match. It almost sucks the fun out of it. ESR is fun, SSR isnt as much fun.