Ed Brown Discounts - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-30-2019, 12:18 PM

Ed Brown Discounts

Could someone please tell me whether Ed Brown offers Active and Retired LEOs and Military Service Memebrs any discount and what that might be?
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 AM
Banned

I asked their customer service, was told they do not, and took my business elsewhere. Not that any place should feel obligated to provide it, Id just rather give my business to those that do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Could someone please tell me whether Ed Brown offers Active and Retired LEOs and Military Service Memebrs any discount and what that might be?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:33 AM

I work part-time at O’Reilly’s auto parts and they give discounts to military as well as Leo’s and fire all active or retired. They take that very seriously and feel obligated to honor those groups sacrifices. So make sure to mention your service whenever or wherever you purchase something, you earned it !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
I work part-time at OíReillyís auto parts and they give discounts to military as well as Leoís and fire all active or retired. They take that very seriously and feel obligated to honor those groups sacrifices. So make sure to mention your service whenever or wherever you purchase something, you earned it !
Thank you! I know we all appreciate it!
Old 01-14-2020, 07:03 PM

Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
Old 01-14-2020, 07:20 PM

Ed Brown will with the LE/MIL proper credentials.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:50 PM

I always wondered why so many companies offer a discount for active military (the majority who are not in harms way) yet decline combat vets.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
I feel the same way, I do.

However the main reason for me asking is because Wilson Combat offers a 20% discount and they openly publish this on their website. Not that I expect others to do the same but at these prices I have to say it's significant and a factor when deciding what to get. It isn't the only factor but it is something I weigh when making my decision just like anything else.

I did search the Ed Brown website and didn't find anything, however in another thread it appears the Ed Brown rep did say they offer a 10% military discount. This thread was created before that answer was offered.

Sorry but if they do offer a discount I won't ignore it either.

Last edited by Dddrees; 01-15-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:33 AM

Yes we offer a 10% discount on all parts for LE or Military..
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Brown Products View Post
Yes we offer a 10% discount on all parts for LE or Military..

Thank you but to clarify this would extend to a gun as well correct?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:04 PM

I have the MIL/LE Ed Brown account. I believe it apples only to parts and accessories, not firearms.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:

YMMV

Lon
I feel the same way.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:

YMMV

Lon
The problem with that is how do I know if you served so I can give you that discount to honor your service unless you tell me ? Not asking for you to brag or embellish but I have no idea unless you tell me, you earned that discount imho and so much more but you need to let me know.

I appreciate what has been done for me and my family so let me give you a little bit back.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:07 PM

I am also in retail auto parts. We ask our customers if they are military or first responder. I agree with passax. You guys earned it and we want to say our thanks for the freedom you have provided.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by behr70 View Post
I have the MIL/LE Ed Brown account. I believe it apples only to parts and accessories, not firearms.
this is what they sent me:

"Thank you for your interest in Ed Brown 1911's. The LE/Mil discount applies to parts and accessories only, not firearms or service." The irony of being special forces and not having a purchase program for a pistol called the special forces was not lost on me and I found it exceedingly humorous

Again, totally their prerogative as no one is entitled to anything, but when NHC and Wilson etc do a purchase program, I'll give them my business instead. Ed Brown by all rights makes a great product, Im just of the mind that all things being equal, I'll support the companies that do it and be appreciative and grateful when they do. shrug.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer12 View Post
I asked their customer service, was told they do not, and took my business elsewhere.
Seriously?

I joined the USAF because I wanted to serve my country, not to get a discount. If someone offers it to me, I will accept it with humility, but I don't seek it.

I buy quality parts from quality companies because they are well made. Ed Brown makes top of the line products.

www.blackrivertraining.com
Old 01-19-2020, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
Seriously?

I joined the USAF because I wanted to serve my country, not to get a discount. If someone offers it to me, I will accept it with humility, but I don't seek it.

I buy quality parts from quality companies because they are well made. Ed Brown makes top of the line products.
Dude, don't start. Seriously. You don't rate.

Many of these companies support Mil and LE that way and you clearly need to re-read what I wrote. I clearly defended both Ed Brown's absolute right to determine what programs they offer, and the quality of their products. While I understand opinions on this topic vary widely, my personal view is that there is a difference between waiving a gov id around begging for something at every counter you walk up to and discussing a commissioned weapon. I don't ask for discounts places, and if I get 'made' in civilian clothes, I say thank you but it's not necessary, and graciously accept a second offer if its made if nothing else to not be rude. Although, given that you chopped my post and cherry picked so you could do some gas-lighting, you probably got exactly what I was saying.

This isn't a stroll into applebees with the "youre welcome for my service" while wearing a grunt style t shirt. A lot of craftsman view their programs like that as their contribution/support/appreciation to the war fighter. The couple of times I've had the pleasure of having something commissioned or built on a program like this that either was part of a school house training relationship, or a commemoration of an event or individual, or something that ended up getting used down range were extremely intimate and personal experiences between weapon maker and warrior. I've commissioned these items and then flown or driven my ass to the person extending it to have that relationship, because the relationships matter to us. The last time, I took team t shirts, a flag we flew at a pretty unique site, and my son on a road trip and spent the weekend with the people building it. It was an experience and a relationship of sharing stories that sticks with me, my son, and them for a lifetime. We got to participate in the way it was built, and they got to meet an end user. It is a truly intimate and unique experience that all of us value very, very much.

When I have the option to spend $3,500 on something, and my choices are between two quality manufacturers, I'm going to go with the one that has the program every single time, because I'm grateful that they do it and I want to give them my business. When people see us using some piece of gear, we get to say "yeah. Check out company x. They did us a solid on this." Whether you like it or not, these businesses get the benefit of feedback from the teams on their product, what works and what doesn't, and in the end the rest of the consumer base gets a better product.

So, Mr. I joined the USAF to serve my country, instead of trying to police how we do those relationships and what they mean to us, how about you finish pre-flight checks, make sure the pallets are strapped down, and let me know when we're 5 out from the DZ so I can wake the boys up.

Last edited by Buccaneer12; 01-19-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:38 AM

I respect our police officers and military, however as has been said they made their choices and have been compensated. In all honesty it's a sales tool, a PR deal. The 20% that Wilson gives is probably less than they give stocking dealers and lets remember that it's a 3500 dollar or more 1911. I think there is probably a lot of profit left. It's their business and God Bless them but lets keep this in perspective.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
The problem with that is how do I know if you served so I can give you that discount to honor your service unless you tell me ? Not asking for you to brag or embellish but I have no idea unless you tell me, you earned that discount imho and so much more but you need to let me know.

I appreciate what has been done for me and my family so let me give you a little bit back.
If it is advertised or posted on the website, that is offered. What I mean is that if I don't see it, I won't ask for it.

YMMV

Lon
Old 01-19-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If it is advertised or posted on the website, that is offered. What I mean is that if I don't see it, I won't ask for it.

YMMV

Lon
Teulfel, not trying to pop your chops at all ( OíReillyís does advertise this) but at my store I will say that having a brother that served in Vietnam & a store manager that is a former USMC that served in Afghanistan I can tell you that it may be a sales tool to some but it is felt to be an obligation at my store that extends to the Fire deptís & LE. Thatís all Iím going to say on it.