Shocked how Easily the Staccato P Carries! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Shocked how Easily the Staccato P Carries!

While my Daily Carry is a Wilson Combat Carry Comp 9mm Compact, that never stops me from ordering my favorite IWB/Carry holster for the new guns I buy. My Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 arrived today for my new Staccato P.

I simply cannot believe how easily this gun carries and conceals. I was absolutely shocked. I ordered the holster thinking the Staccato P would not carry well, but it would be nice to have the option to carry it. I'm sure the holster has something to do with it. Just like Tucker's all Leather Cover-Up and Cover-Up Plus, the DC-2 is adjustable for BOTH Cant and Height. Most IWB holsters are usually only adjustable for EITHER Cant OR Height, or NEITHER! That's why the only IWB holsters I buy for carry gun candidates is the Tucker Gun Leather Cover-Up or DC-2.

The other thing I love about these two holsters is they are not at all bulky as far as IWB holsters go. They are also not too expensive considering they are made to order custom holster. We are talking $85 here. Great customer service as well.

I live in South Florida and wear a short and T-Shirt 365 days a year. If I can pull off carrying this big and heavy duty gun, you can too!

My Staccato P in the Tucker Gun Leather DC-2 Inside the Waist Holster

Old 01-02-2020, 04:46 PM

Thank you for the nice review. Your Staccato P looks good in black cherry.
https://tuckergunleather.com/deep-carry-holsters/
Old 01-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker Gunleather View Post
Thank you for the nice review. Your Staccato P looks good in black cherry.
https://tuckergunleather.com/deep-carry-holsters/
Funny, I didn't even know you were on this Forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2020, 07:35 PM

Very nice.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 PM

Day two of carrying it, still in shock!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:13 AM

Personal preference for concealed carry and STI 2011 guns....

I have never been a fan of inside the waistband carry.....especially in the hot and humid Florida weather in the summer....

I have a body style that allows using an OWB holster without printing....my shoulders are broad and my waist is smaller than most men with my shoulders. I normally use a one size larger golf style shirt with collar that is untucked. However, now that I am approaching 70, my waist is no longer the 34 waist I had when I was 40 years old.....

I carry the way I train, so using an OWB holster works for me.....and it is much easier to carry when pants are not always the same waist size. Also, I use kydex holsters for the specific guns I use for concealed carry, and like Blade Tech and Comp Tac kydex holsters. I would guess to carry inside the waist band takes about a 2" larger waist size for pants.....then how do the pants fit when not carrying concealed....? Also, an OWB holster can be modified slightly for user wear....so the gun is near vertical when carrying concealed just behind the strong side hip bone.....

Last edited by Rwehavinfunyet; 01-16-2020 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:14 PM

Big fan of Tucker holsters but for me it's the HF1 for carry. I can't imagine how a full sized gun would be comfortable IWB, especially sitting or the car. I use kydex for competition but otherwise don't care for them, but I can see their purpose in IWB.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
Big fan of Tucker holsters but for me it's the HF1 for carry. I can't imagine how a full sized gun would be comfortable IWB, especially sitting or the car. I use kydex for competition but otherwise don't care for them, but I can see their purpose in IWB.
You would think...BUT,

I have been carrying all steel 1911 pistols IWB at 3:30 to 4:00 for the last 2 years,and all kinds of other guns before that. It is to the point I only notice if I don't have a gun stuck to my hip! I feel completely naked without it. I just spent the last 4 days in NYC (go every few months for business) and it drives me crazy that I'm not strapped. So not only is it perfectly comfortable weather sitting, standing, driving, it truly feels unnatural to not have it inside my waist band on my hip. I'm more comfortable "physically" with it than without it. Emotionally and psychologically comfortable as well.