STI Staccato line selling at MSRP - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 04:59 PM

STI Staccato line selling at MSRP

This is not meant to be a STI pricing bashing thread. Every item that is manufactured has a value and ultimately the consumer sets that value by being willing to pay the price asked while feeling that they got their money's worth in their purchase. Congratulations to STI for setting a MSRP and for their >2019 line selling for MSRP while every other manufacturer sets a MSRP and their guns sell below-well below the MSRP. To me this is a testament to STI knowing their product and to their quality and innovation. Once demand vs production levels out does anyone think the >2019 STI line will sell below MSRP? Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by glock20man; 01-11-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: me no proofread too well
Old 01-11-2020, 05:25 PM

When I started looking at STIs, I could never find one under MSRP. Online, locally, etc.
Most places had lists and were selling for MSRP.

Thankfully I found out about their mil/le program.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:48 PM

Except for their overpriced Combat Master, I think the pricing for their other guns is close to "price = value". Their lifetime warranty helps.

I just wish they offered some customization, as I need a short trigger for mine.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2020, 09:01 PM

Until recently I never paid MSRP but more recently, starting late last year, my dealer said that STi wasn't giving him deal anymore. And I think he's probably the biggest dealer in this state. Now I have to settle for a couple hundred off and I think is just cause of how many I buy from them.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:13 PM

I know about their Mil/vet program, but I tend to be too impatient to wait for that. I found 2 places willing to deal a bit on price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2020, 12:24 PM

STI is one of the few manufacturers that seem to be able to control their MAP pricing. They seem to do a very good job of keep their dealer network in line. For example, when you go looking for a Staccato P, you will find that over 90% of their dealers do indeed charge $1999.99, it seems MAP and MSRP are the same thing when it comes to STI products.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:05 PM

I think it's more a matter of supply and demand. STI produces a limited number of guns and ships to a relatively small number of dealers. In my experience, I have gotten nice discounts when buying a gun that was discontinued or had been sitting in inventory a long time; but for current models in demand, most dealers are going to sell at MSRP because they have a limited supply and customers are willing to pay it. Last year the range where I shoot had a Staccato P available for demo, when I asked about buying one I was told that they had 3 coming in and all were pre-sold. When you're selling all you can get, why would you discount?
Old 01-21-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adian View Post
I know about their Mil/vet program, but I tend to be too impatient to wait for that. I found 2 places willing to deal a bit on price

Do they have a veterans program?

I assumed their program was active MIL or active LE.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:10 AM

My Son and I both bought 2019 Staccato Ps last year, and we both paid less than MSRP.....direct from a Dealer.

This time last year, Jay Christiansen (STI Factory Team Shooter) was also offering discounts when ordering straight from the Factory through him....

He's readily available on Social Media.

Last edited by GUNSnHOGS; 01-21-2020 at 10:09 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-21-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpeter View Post
Do they have a veterans program?

I assumed their program was active MIL or active LE.

When I emailed I was told it was for vets too

Old Today, 12:52 AM

It’s my understanding the manufacturer can control lowest advertised price in the USA, but they can’t actually control what the item can sell for.
I buy a lot of items from England. They have laws against advertised price fixing. That’s why I buy from there.
Old Today, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayshot View Post
Itís my understanding the manufacturer can control lowest advertised price in the USA, but they canít actually control what the item can sell for.
I buy a lot of items from England. They have laws against advertised price fixing. Thatís why I buy from there.

Yea a manufacturer can set MAP, or minimum advertised price. Thatís why SilencerShop had a falling out with SilencerCo and stop carrying their stuff for a while.

To get around that, businesses will have a log in or add to cart for price or call for special pricing

Old Today, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20man View Post
This is not meant to be a STI pricing bashing thread. Every item that is manufactured has a value and ultimately the consumer sets that value by being willing to pay the price asked while feeling that they got their money's worth in their purchase. Congratulations to STI for setting a MSRP and for their >2019 line selling for MSRP while every other manufacturer sets a MSRP and their guns sell below-well below the MSRP. To me this is a testament to STI knowing their product and to their quality and innovation. Once demand vs production levels out does anyone think the >2019 STI line will sell below MSRP? Thanks for your thoughts.
I bought my Stacatto C about $500 under MSRP, NIB.