Does the sw1911pc compare to les baer - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 06:21 PM

Does the sw1911pc compare to les baer

I have always wanted the sw1911 performance center government model.

The problem is that in canada they sell for $2000 and I can get a les bear premier 2 with 1.5 guarantee for the same price.

Would the les baer not be ten folds better? The sw1911pc is a damn pretty gun but the slide to frame and barrel fitting is no where near les baer

. Sw1911 still mostly production gun?

Anyone own both guns? I have a e-series and its amazing so I like there 1911s but i can only buy one soooooo............
Old 12-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Pretty AND well fitted = Dan Wesson
Old 12-13-2019, 08:10 AM

I'm in Canada
With the current state of affairs up here you will be hard pressed to get either?.....
I don't have a Les Baer but I do have a SW1911PC. It's my favourite. The accuracy is in the slide/barrel/bushing fit. The LB gun maybe capable of 1.5" but are you as a shooter? My club's bullseye matches are at 20 yards and the PC pistol will knock the black out of the centre of the bullseye target.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0973.JPG  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 10:21 AM

Same. I am in canada also. I love the sw 1911 pistols. I've seen the pro series go on sale but the PC looks and and has the better build qaulity. There a barely used commander version of the sw1911pc but I like the full size 1911s. There's no carry guns in canada so no point in the smaller version.

I cant seem to find a used sw1911pc so am going to go ahead and put in an order for brand new one after this xmas

I like les baer but am buying the hand fitting process. Which is great but am no bulleyes shooter so I wont see the difference in accuracy
Old 12-14-2019, 01:03 PM

If you look around you could find a used one and save some money. Look for an early blued one. Better quality.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:38 PM

Have both but my Baer is an older one. Anyway bought a S&W 5 inch used with box etc. for about $850 as shooting buddies of the previous owner had been making fun of him due to the cut outs in the front of the slide. Nice pistol. Initially I thought I would replace the blue grips but my hand likes them when I shoot it so I have left them on it. Mine was made in 2014.

My Baer is a Premier II made in 1997 and it is hard chromed. Lovely pistol. I found it in the used area of a LGS for about $1.5K. The nice thing is this LGS gives one 30 days on a used gun to shoot it. Not sure they would give one their money back but they do have a couple gun smiths on staff.

They are both very nice target pistols but given the examples I have the Baer is better.

One thing about the S&W is it is nice but not as nice as what the Perf Center did years before. One example I have is my 945 from the late 90s I think. Maybe early 2000s. It is a 945 no dash. It is not a 1911 but a single action pistol in 45ACP and the fit and finish are very nice on it.

Another thought is you might check out DW. A couple years ago I bought a Bruin in 10mm. Now it was about a $2K ouch new down here plus it is 6inch but they might have other models that would interest you but not sure what they are up in Canada.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:39 PM

The early S&W PC 1911's are equal the LB's. Look for a "JMB XXXX" serial number!

Smiles,