STI Staccato R - Full size single stack .45 new for 2020 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 10:15 AM

STI Staccato R - Full size single stack .45 new for 2020

Hilton Yam released a video this morning showing off what we can expect from STI in 2020, including a full size single stack 45 with a polymer grip module. So not exactly a 1911 but also not a 2011 either! The grip module gives it an integral magwell and he talks about how its flex also reduces felt recoil. Interested to see how it does.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZe6Uw2P8JI
Old 12-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Nice.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:14 AM

The full sized 1911 he showed last is interesting. The "modular frame" which I believes (?) is also code words for a poly-grip is a plus in recoil absorption. Looks like a fine shooter, but if they have crapola magazines like the Gen-1 2011 45-mag's I have in my STI-Costa Carry Comp, I wouldn't touch it. But given that gun is single stack, perhapes they will have a better go at the 45acp mag's. I am glad STI hasn't totally abandoned 45 anyway, but I do wish they would realize their "promise" to provide Gen 2 45 acp 2011 10R mags to us who need them.

Really like the new grip set's STI is rolling out, my Costa CC is back with STI because the frame cracked, too much 230 Gr HST (not even +P) I guess :-) and only approx. 1600 rounds, and I also asked them to put the new 2011 grip on my gun while they have it.

My STI-CC is one of my best shooter's, not so stellar in the robustness department though (cracked slide, crap 2011 45 mags, and that awful "recoil master" set up instead of a normal recoil spring). But great Customer Service though - I know, because my STI has been back 3X in only 2 years -LOL. Hopefully, they will bring it all together this time ;-). Fair and balanced.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 12-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 07:01 AM

I shot it a couple of months ago. It was a great shooter, but it would have stood out more if I had not been shooting the Combat Master.

I will probably get one of the R pistols when they come out.
From here on, if I want something nice, Guncrafter will make it
COTEP CBOB0691
Old 12-11-2019, 10:06 AM

the Staccato C2 looks like a great gun. I shot a regular C and it was nice but I find that if I am going to carry a 9mm I want it double stacked.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Wish I'd have waited for that Staccato just for the slide/frame, guess I'll have to get another 45. I'll have to try their new grips, I like the C2 grip, more finished than all my VIP's and Carry's which are just chopped off at the bottom. If it only had a steel frame...